Freundeskreis Kirmes and amusement parks
und Freizeitparks e. V.
|purpose||Documentation and promotion of culture and customs at folk festivals and amusement parks|
|Chair:||Thorsten Eden, Tobias Niepel and Christian Pradel|
|Establishment date:||December 6, 1997|
|Number of members:||1218 (as of January 18, 2020)|
The Freundeskreis Kirmes und Freizeitparks e. V. ( FKF ) is the association of fairground and amusement park enthusiasts with the largest number of members in German-speaking countries. The association was founded on December 6, 1997 as Freundeskreis Freizeitparks e. V. founded by seven people on the Hamburg Winter Cathedral , currently the number of members is over 1,200 people, amusement parks and manufacturing companies (as of January 2020). In addition to joint visits to fairgrounds and amusement parks, the aims of the association are above all to "document and promote culture and the traditional customs of folk festivals and amusement parks".
The association is internationally active; In addition to Germany, the members also come from Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. Various companies, such as manufacturers of amusement systems, showmen and amusement parks, are also represented as members of the FKF.
The club magazine " Park + Ride " is published by the FKF , in which club members report on topics from the park and fairground sector. In addition to reports from club life, this also includes technically detailed descriptions of rides and historical backgrounds.
Every year some meetings and events are organized in theme parks and on fairgrounds, some of them regularly for many years. Since 2001 the association has been organizing the “European Fanday” together with Movie Park Germany , in which amusement park fans from all over Europe are invited to take part. In 2009 almost 300 people took part. Something similar has been organized since 2008 at the Cranger Kirmes and in 2013 for the first time at the All Saints' Fair in Soest . Furthermore, the association has been taking bus and air trips abroad for several days since 2004. The trips have so far led to Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Great Britain, Italy, Norway, Austria, Sweden and Hungary as well as four two-week round trips through different states of the USA. About 50 members took part in each of these trips.
At the events, emphasis is placed on taking a look at the historical, technical and organizational background in addition to the entertainment aspect. For this reason, technical tours and discussions with park managers or showmen are often organized. Furthermore, several factory tours of manufacturers of amusement systems and construction site visits were carried out.
Since 2002, the association has also been regularly represented with a stand at the Interschau trade fair , supported by the German Schaustellerbund . Since 2007 the FKF has been providing information as part of the historical fair of the Historical Society of German Showmen in the Jahrhunderthalle Bochum . In 2012, the first time there was a trade fair appearance at the Euro Attractions Show in Berlin organized by the IAAPA . In 2014 the association became a member of the IAAPA itself. The association has been organizing the annual FKF convention since 2015 . As part of an event in September 2016, the FKF board presented the attraction park Slagharen with the second plaque in memory of Thunder Loop .
Since 2004, the association has been awarding the "FKF Award" each year for three new products from the previous year. The award was given without categories until 2018. Since the 2018 vintage, a prize has been awarded in each of the categories “roller coaster”, “leisure park (stationary)” and “fun fair (transportable)”. For each award winner there is an individual justification, which a corresponding working group generates from the members' opinions. A relational procedure (similar to a Condorcet method ) is used for voting among all members of the association . The price is geographically limited to the European continent.
|thereof outside of
|Roller coasters in amusement parks||27||12||15th|
|Rides , dark rides and themed areas in amusement parks||12||6th||6th|
|Fair and folk festival attractions and coasters||3||3||0|
|Attractions outside of amusement parks and folk festivals||2||2||0|
|Shows in amusement parks||1||0||1|
|Total FKF Awards awarded (as of January 2018)||45||23||22nd|
As part of its association activities, the Freundeskreis Kirmes und Freizeitparks honors amusement parks for special achievements at irregular intervals, for example for their commitment to maintaining traditional rides or for milestones in European roller coaster history and the amusement industry. Furthermore, the FKF maintains tree sponsorships with various parks to honor anniversaries or long-term collaborations. The association also awards honorary memberships to pioneering people in the industry, as well as to private individuals for special commitment.
|amusement park||date||Reason for award|
|Holiday Park||October 18, 2014||Super vortex as the first modern roller coaster with double flap in Germany|
|Attractiepark Slagharen||09/16/2016||Thunder Loop as a historical Looping Star model and the first looping roller coaster in the Netherlands|
|amusement park||Planting date||Tree species||Location|
|Fort Fun Adventure Land||04/28/2007||Red-leaved Norway maple (Acer platanoides)||Mountain slope in front of the former bridge of the park railway|
|Movie Park Germany||08/11/2007||Red-leaved Norway maple (Acer platanoides)||Behind the kart track / Nickland entrance|
|Tripsdrill adventure park||09/05/2009||Summer linden (Tilia platyphyllos)||Behind washtub rafting, towards Karacho|
|Sea Life Adventure Park||04/06/2013||Japanese maple (Acer palmatum)||Between the kiosk and the grill hut|
|Rasti country||06/28/2014||Sweet gum "Gum Ball" (Liquidambar Styraciflua)||Behind bumper cars below the historical fair|
|Hansa Park||05/20/2017||Japanese cherry (Prunus serulata 'Kanzan')||At the Hansa garden|
|Horror labyrinth NRW||14.10.2017||Silver beech (Fagus sylvatica 'Rohan Weeping')||Opposite the main entrance|
|potts park||05/26/2019||Harlequin Willow (Salix integra 'Hakuro Nishiki')||Between Kiddy Racer and POTZI Blick|
|Jens-Uwe Kupka||before 2001|
|Werner Stengel||October 07, 2001|
|Ralph Latotzki||May 16, 2008|
|Inge Bruch||July 14, 2018|
The FKF Convention, which has been held annually since 2015, offers fans and interested parties, but also non-members of the association, insights into topics from the rollercoaster, amusement park and fairground world. The association puts together the program with a mix of speakers from the fan scene and the association, as well as from the industry. The aim is to network and pass on knowledge and curious stories about the topics that the association deals with. The FKF-Convention takes place - based on the No-Coaster-Convention of the American Coaster Enthusiasts - in the so-called "Off-Season", when most of the amusement parks are closed. The 5th FKF Convention 2019 was sold out after eleven days. As part of this event, the FKF eV announced that they would be leaving Düsseldorf after four years and announced that they would be organizing the 6th FKF Convention 2020 in cooperation with Europa-Park Rust in the associated hotel resort.
In addition to various merchandising products , the FKF publishes the club magazine "Park + Ride". It appears irregularly several times a year. The editions also include various special editions that are dedicated to individual topics. These included a booklet on the history of Phantasialand , "Past Amusements" on amusement parks that are closed today, three issues of "Achterplan" on roller coasters , "Aquaplan" on water rides and "Dark + Ride" on dark rides . In 2015 a list of all overhead circular rides in operation in Germany in 2013 and 2014 was published.
- Official FKF website
- Digital editions of the club magazine "Park + Ride"
- FKF Award (including archive)
- FKF Convention
- 1997-1999 | Park + Ride Online. (No longer available online.) July 5, 2016, archived from the original on July 5, 2016 ; accessed on February 28, 2017 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Association statutes of the FKF
- Sacha-Roger Szabo: Rausch und Rummel: Attractions at fairs and amusement parks . transcript Verlag, Bielefeld 2006, ISBN 3-89942-566-9
- amused statutes at Der Westen
- allowed "fair friends" behind the scenes look at the Soest-Gazette on November 11, 2013
- Interschau02 Messe News, issue 2 from Jan 12, 2002, page 8
- Trade fairs on park + ride.de
- Outlook on the EAS. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on August 29, 2012 ; Retrieved October 16, 2012 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Thunder Loop - Attractiepark Slagharen (Slagharen, Overijssel, Netherlands). Retrieved April 26, 2017 .
- Homepage FKF Award. Retrieved May 2, 2017 .
- Daily report at Freizeitparkweb for the 7th European Fanday 2007 (archive). Retrieved January 9, 2017 .
- Announcement about honoring in Euro Professional Amusement. Retrieved January 9, 2017 .
- Facebook posting about tree usage. Retrieved January 9, 2017 .
- Outsourced homepage of the association for the convention. Retrieved December 17, 2016 .
- Announcement of the 3rd FKF Convention. Retrieved December 23, 2016 .
- Freundeskreis Kirmes und Freizeitparks eV: History | FKF Convention | The convention for fair and amusement park fans. Retrieved February 7, 2017 .
- DJ TOBYN | Tobias Niepel: DJ TOBYN - References. Retrieved January 23, 2018 (German).
- Announcement of the 4th FKF Convention. Retrieved October 25, 2017 .
- Archive of all Park + Ride issues
- Previous editions | Park + Ride Online. (No longer available online.) June 23, 2016, archived from the original on June 23, 2016 ; accessed on February 28, 2017 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- report from Freizeitparkweb for the 7th European Fantasy 2007 (archive). Retrieved January 7, 2017 .