|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Puderbach|
|Height :||225 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||6.89 km 2|
|Residents:||450 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||65 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57614|
|Area code :||02684|
|License plate :||NO|
|Community key :||07 1 38 050|
|Association administration address:||Hauptstrasse 13
|Local Mayor :||Joachim Ramseyer|
|Location of the local community Niederwambach in the Neuwied district|
Niederwambach is a municipality in the Neuwied district in the north of Rhineland-Palatinate . The municipality belongs to the Verbandsgemeinde Puderbach , which has its administrative seat in the municipality of Puderbach .
The place is a little off the main traffic arteries north of Puderbach on the edge of the Rhine-Westerwald nature park .
The parish of Niederwambach was first mentioned in 1253. The Romanesque Bartholomew Church was built in the second half of the 12th century (tower still preserved). In the course of the Reformation , Protestant worship was introduced in 1556. In 1831 the too small nave was torn down and a late classicist hall church was built by the princely-wied building inspector Johann Heinrich Hartmann. The church was extensively renovated in the 1970s.
Today's community was formed on June 7, 1969 from the dissolved communities Ascheid, Lahrbach and Niederwambach.
- Cultural monuments
- Population development
The development of the population of Niederwambach, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Joachim Ramseyer became mayor of Niederwambach on July 18, 2019. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he prevailed against the previous incumbent with a share of 59.92% of the vote. Udo Franz (FWG) had previously been the town's mayor for 25 years.
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- Official municipality directory (= State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate [Hrsg.]: Statistical volumes . Volume 407 ). Bad Ems February 2016, p. 174 (PDF; 2.8 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate: My village, my city. Retrieved July 3, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- Puderbach current: Announcement. Linus Wittich Medien GmbH, Heimat- und Bürgerzeitung with the official announcements, issue 28/2019, June 24, 2019, accessed on March 17, 2020 .
- Lars Tenorth: Surprise in Niederwambach: Joachim Ramseyer replaces Udo Franz. Rhein-Zeitung, Neuwied district, May 26, 2019, accessed on March 17, 2020 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Puderbach, Verbandsgemeinde, eighth line of results Retrieved March 17, 2020 .