|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Rengsdorf-Waldbreitbach|
|Height :||350 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||6.29 km 2|
|Residents:||1520 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||242 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||56581|
|Area code :||02634|
|License plate :||NO|
|Community key :||07 1 38 015|
|Association administration address:||Westerwaldstrasse 32–34
|Mayoress :||Ingelore Runkel (WG Runkel)|
|Location of the local community Ehlscheid in the district of Neuwied|
Ehlscheid also includes the Forsthaus Gommerscheid, Hof Talblick and Talhof residential areas .
Ehlscheid was first mentioned in a document in 1311.
Ehlscheid was connected to the telephone network in 1905 and to the electricity network in 1912. In 1957, with financial support from local hotels, construction of an open-air swimming pool in the Laubachtal began .
The recognition as a climatic health resort took place in 1963, the predicate climatic health resort was granted in 1992. Several hotels have had to close in recent years due to the decline in the number of overnight stays. Due to the generally declining number of overnight stays combined with a decrease in the number of spa options in the village, the municipality decided to return the title of "climatic health resort".
- Statistics on population development
The development of the population of Ehlscheid (primary residence), the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Ehlscheid belongs to the parish of Rengsdorf. Since the place belongs to the county of Wied , cf. Hermann V. von Wied , belonged to, the inhabitants were Protestant up to the 20th century after the Reformation due to the Augsburg Imperial and Religious Peace . From then on, a religious border separated Ehlscheid from the neighboring Kurkölnischen Kurtscheid . Not until after the Second World War did Catholics move in to a significant extent.
The municipal council of Ehlscheid consists of 16 council members, who were elected in the local elections on May 26, 2019 in a personalized proportional representation, and the honorary local mayor Ingelore Runkel as chairwoman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
Ingelore Runkel (voter group Runkel) became the local mayor of Ehlscheid on August 21, 2019. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, she was elected for five years with 78.00% of the vote. Runkel is the successor to Norbert Lück (CDU), who did not run again after ten years in office.
coat of arms
|Blazon : “The coat of arms, split by a curved tip, in it a golden ear of wheat over a roofed, golden draw well, which is accompanied by a silver oak leaf on the right and left; in the front four red diagonal bars in gold, in the back roughened in silver and red. "|
Culture and sights
- Westerwald half-timbered house
- Imperial oak from 1871
- Carnival meeting and children's carnival of the Möhnenverein 1989 Ehlscheid e. V.
- Summer festival of the men's choir, women's choir and village and homeland association Ehlscheid e. V.
- Forest festival of the Möhnenverein 1989 Ehlscheid e. V. in August
- Fair of the boys' association as a village festival in September
Economy and Infrastructure
- The outdoor pool in the Laubachtal was inaugurated in 1958 and had a 15 by 25 meter pool. In 2012 it had to be closed due to structural damage. The outdoor pool was filled in in 2016.
- Multipurpose hall and sports field
- Hiking trails: The Klosterweg represents the connection between the Westerwaldsteig and the Rheinsteig . Via the approach to the Rheinsteig, you will reach your destination after 1.7 km, past several viewpoints.
- The B 256 runs east of the community and leads from Neuwied to Altenkirchen .
- The next motorway junction is Neuwied on the A3 .
- The closest train station is Neuwied train station , the next ICE train stations are Koblenz main train station and Montabaur train station on the Cologne-Rhine / Main high-speed line .
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2019 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 53 (PDF; 3 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate: My village, my city. Retrieved October 28, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections. Retrieved October 28, 2019 .
- Local community Ehlscheid: The local council of Ehlscheid. Retrieved March 9, 2020 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Rengsdorf-Waldbreitbach, Verbandsgemeinde, sixth result line. Retrieved March 9, 2020 .
- Rhein-Zeitung: Seniors of the local community Ehlscheid celebrated in bright sunshine. April 18, 2019, accessed March 9, 2020 .