|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Puderbach|
|Height :||340 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||5.43 km 2|
|Residents:||496 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||91 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||56317|
|Area code :||02684|
|License plate :||NO|
|Community key :||07 1 38 040|
|Association administration address:||Hauptstrasse 13
|Local Mayor :||Achim Hoffmann|
|Location of the local community Linkenbach in the district of Neuwied|
The Westerwald community Linkenbach is located between the district towns of Neuwied and Altenkirchen (Westerwald) . The mountainous community area (up to ) is located in the Märkerwald in the north-eastern part of the Rhine-Westerwald nature park .
Linkenbach is surrounded by the neighboring communities of Dürrholz in the north, Urbach in the east, Oberraden in the south, Oberhonnefeld-Gierend in the southwest and Willroth and Horhausen (Westerwald) in the west.
|surface||in ha||proportion of|
(Status: December 31, 2017 - Source: State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate)
Linkenbach was first mentioned in a document in 1346.
Between 1716 and 1793 a decade-long dispute over the ownership of the forest in the parish of Urbach was waged with Count zu Wied (from 1784 Prince) . In a comparison, the residents of the parish and thus proportionally also the Linkenbachers were given the rights to today's Märkerwald.
In the middle of the 18th century there was reports of a healing spring in the Linkenbach area. This was located in the forest district "Hermannsborn" and has run dry today. The well must have donated a coveted medicinal water, because it was guarded day and night by soldiers from the County of Wied. The delivery of the water took place under the supervision of the soldiers, who also collected the fees to be paid for the water. For this purpose, the Graflich-Wiedische administration in Dierdorf issued an “Instruction and Ordre” on March 7th, 1786 to the “Under-Officier on command at the Heylbrunnen ohnweit Linkenbach”. So was z. For example, it is forbidden that “brandy wine and other hot drinks are kept at the fountain”. The price per measure (1¾ liter) was 2 rooms . Poor people got the water for free.
It is not known for which ailments or ailments the water of this healing well was so sought after. Since the “Instruction” also mentions “Sauerwasserkrügen” (sour water jugs), it could have been a sourling that is used for internal ailments.
- Population development
The development of the population of Linkenbach; the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Achim Hoffmann became the mayor of Linkenbach in 2009. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in his office for another five years with a share of the vote of 83.40%. Achim Hoffmann's predecessor was Edgar Manderbach.
coat of arms
|Blazon : "Divided by a silver sloping beam, above a silver wolf's angel in green and below in red a silver bowl fountain with a split water jet."|
|Reasons for the coat of arms: The Wolfsangel (forest hook) indicates that Linkenbach has a share in the large Märker forest in the Urbach parish . The fountain indicates that a healing fountain used to bubble in the Linkenbach district. The coat of arms became legally valid with a certificate dated November 9, 1981 based on a design by Ernst Zeller, Raubach.|
- See also the list of cultural monuments in Linkenbach
- Rainer Kaul (* 1952), district administrator in the Neuwied district since 1993 , born in Linkenbach
- Guido Hammesfahr (* 1968 in Dierdorf ), actor, grew up in Linkenbach
Through the south of the municipal area which leads ICE - high-speed line Cologne-Rhine / Main (nearest station in Montabaur ) and the Federal Highway 3 ( Cologne - Frankfurt ). The federal highway 256 ( Mayen - Neuwied - Altenkirchen - Waldbröl - Bergneustadt ), which is three kilometers away, is the nearest motorway feeder (motorway junction Neuwied ).
- Herbert Aufderheide, Gerhard Ebbinghaus, Ernst Zeiler: History of the parish Urbach. A Westerwald homeland book. Winters, Wissen 1987.
- Website of the local community Linkenbach (private website)
- Local community Linkenbach on the website of the Verbandsgemeinde Puderbach
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate: My village, my city. Retrieved July 11, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- Achim Hoffmann is running for Mayor in Linkenbach again. NR-Kurier, May 8, 2014, accessed on March 16, 2020 .
- The State Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Puderbach, Verbandsgemeinde, sixth line of results. Retrieved March 16, 2020 .