University of Warwick
|University of Warwick|
Mens agitat molem
"Spirit moves matter"
|place||Coventry , UK|
|Vice Chancellor and President||Stuart Croft|
|Students||26,531 in total, of which 15,553 undergraduate, 9,665 postgraduate, 1,313 international / industry students (as of 2018)|
|Employee||6,525 including academ. Researcher (as of 2018)|
|Annual budget||£ 408.48m (annual revenue as of July 31, 2010)|
The University of Warwick (English: University of Warwick ) is a public university in Coventry near Warwick in the United Kingdom . It is one of the best universities in England and is among the top four in business, management and finance and in the top three universities in the United Kingdom for political science and international studies. The subjects of business administration and management are taught at Warwick Business School , one of the most renowned and selective business schools in the world.
In 1961 the founding decision was made; In 1965 she received the Royal Charter . The University of Warwick Medical School opened in 2000 as a result of an initiative to train more medical professionals in the UK . The University of Warwick is one of the ten largest in the country and has its modern campus on the south-western outskirts on the border with Warwickshire . The university is a member of the Russell Group , AACSB , Association of Commonwealth Universities , Association of MBAs , EQUIS , European University Association and Universities UK . Prime Minister Tony Blair called it the "University of the Future" and US President Bill Clinton elected Warwick as President of the United States for his final public address.
In 2013 the university took 5th place in the national and 58th place in the international ranking and is one of the 1% best universities in the world. The university is known for its strengths in math, economics, and political science. In 2013, The Complete University Guide ranked the University of Warwick number one in economics, overtaking the London School of Economics, the University of Cambridge and the University of Oxford. Together with the University of Cambridge, the University of Oxford and Imperial College London, Warwick is one of the four best institutes in the field of mathematics and therefore requires applicants to achieve the highest grade in mathematics and additional exams ( STEP Mathematics , the mathematics entrance exams of the University of Cambridge). In the Sunday Times rating for 1998 to 2007, Warwick ranks third on the ten-year average. In the field of economics, the university achieved first place in the Guardian University Guide 2011. The Independent Complete University Guide 2013 also places “Accounting and Finance” at Warwick University in third place in a national comparison. The “Economic Institution Ranking” puts the Economics Department of Warwick in fifth place in Europe, ahead of renowned institutes such as the University of Cambridge or UCL. In the 2019 The Times / Sunday Times Good University Guide ranking, which includes student satisfaction, research excellence, and graduate career prospects, the Institute of Political Science was ranked first out of all 83 UK political science faculties.
In addition, the university was voted Europe's “best young university” in 2012 and came third worldwide in this ranking, which includes all institutions that are younger than 50 years of age. The university ranked first as the university with the highest number of recruits from leading companies in the UK.
- report of the university. (PDF; 788 kB) . Retrieved July 3, 2011.
- University league tables 2018. In: The Guardian . Retrieved May 31, 2017 .
- University Guide 2018: league table for politics. The Guardian, accessed July 22, 2017 (UK English).
- Business school rankings from the Financial Times. In: Financial Times . Retrieved May 31, 2017 .
- Warwick Business School . In: TopMBA.com . December 14, 2012.
- 2016 MBA & Business School Rankings. In: The Economist . Retrieved May 31, 2017 .
- These are the 19 best-value MBAs from Europe's elite business schools . In: Business Insider . July 28, 2015.
- The Presidential Visit | University of Warwick. Retrieved September 5, 2017 (UK English).
- University guide 2013: University league table. May 21, 2012, accessed September 5, 2017 .
- The University of Warwick Rankings . In: Top Universities . ( topuniversities.com [accessed September 5, 2017]).
- University ranking based on performance over 10 years . Times Online. 2007. Retrieved April 28, 2008.
- The Guardian University Guide 2011: Business and management studies . Guardian. 2010. Retrieved July 11, 2010.
- The Independent Complete University Guide: Top 10 universities by subject . The Independent. 2012. Retrieved October 8, 2012.
- Rankings at IDEAS: Europe . 2011. Retrieved April 5, 2011.
- PAIS: No 1 in The Times / The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019. September 25, 2018, accessed February 10, 2019 (British English).
- QS Top 50 Under 50 . In: Top Universities . ( topuniversities.com [accessed September 5, 2017]).
- Warwick University 'top target' for graduate employers . In: Telegraph.co.uk . ( telegraph.co.uk [accessed September 5, 2017]).