Carolin Kebekus grew up as the daughter of a social worker and a bank clerk in Cologne-Ostheim . Her younger brother David is also a comedian. In 1999, after graduating from high school, she joined the Freitag Nacht News as an intern , whose co-producer Hugo Egon Balder got her to take acting lessons. In 2002 Kebekus completed an internship at 1 Live .
Her parodies of Tokio Hotel singer Bill Kaulitz in the Friday Night News brought Kebekus the breakthrough on television and in April 2006 led to insults and threats from fans of the group. From September 2006 until the show was canceled in December 2006, Kebekus was part of the team of moderators for the Freitag Nacht News around Ingo Appelt .
In 2007, Kebekus played in the RTL Sitcom Kinder, Kinder mit. She took part in discussions on the comedy talk show a . A. wg - an answer is requested from Comedy Central and has had several guest appearances (for example as Jennifer Lopez parodist) on the programs Friday Night News , RTL Comedy Night , What are you watching ?! , Quatsch Comedy Club and Fritz & Hermann . She was part of the recurring cast of the improvised show Frei Schnauze . In 2008 she took part in the RTL sketch comedy series WunderBar . In 2009, the comedy show Die Hochzeitcrasher ran on ProSieben , in which Kebekus played tricks on wedding guests alongside Max Giermann and Hanno Friedrich . From 2009 to 2011 she was regularly seen in skits in the format Broken Comedy and since the second season she has also been on stage as the presenter of the show.
In 2007, Kebekus played a supporting role in the film Vollidiot . She sings in the band "De Imis" and together with Rüdiger Brans in the comedy duo "2ZimmerKücheDieleBad". In 2010 she appeared at the 19th Arosa Humor Festival together with the Swiss cabaret artist Rolf Schmid . In 2011 she released her debut album Ghetto Cabaret . In the same year she was a member of the new edition of the weekly show . Since then she has been on tour with her first stage program, Pussy Terror . It was broadcast on RTL in early 2014. In 2012 she played the role of the teacher Ms. Goethe in the movie Hanni & Nanni 2 .
Kebekus has been a member of the weekly news satire heute-show since 2013 . On June 2, 2013, it entered into the WDR telecast room! on. On June 5, 2013, Einsfestival played their first WDR-produced program, Kebekus! shown, which had led to controversy in the run-up to a church satire that was not broadcast, which is why Kebekus ended his collaboration with the broadcaster.
In 2014 and 2015, Kebekus led Dieter Nuhr through the award ceremony of the German Comedy Prize . From 2015 to 2019 she could be seen on WDR with Pussy Terror TV . On February 12, 2017, she was a member of the 16th Federal Assembly for the election of the Federal President as one of the representatives of the Landtag of North Rhine-Westphalia for the Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen party . In February 2017 Kebekus played her first leading role in the movie Treasure, take it! , a remake of the French comedy Mama versus Papa - Whoever loses here wins .
Kebekus uses her voice for political issues such as gender inequality and against right-wing political positions. She describes herself as a feminist and deals with feminist topics in her show PussyTerror TV and in guest appearances on Die Anstalt and other programs.
Kebekus has also been active in the carnival of her hometown for several years. In the alternative carnival session , your session , she has been the session president since 2010 and at the same time one of the main actors. With Nadine Weyer and Irina Ehlenbeck , she forms the vocal trio Beer Bitches , singing in Kölsch , which released their first album in autumn 2018.
In February 2013, the show today broadcast a satirical film with which Kebekus applied to Cardinal Joachim Meisner as Popess . According to the Spiegel , a spokesman for the German Bishops' Conference is said to have tried in vain to prevent the episode from being broadcast. In June 2013, the WDR decided against the broadcast of the satirical music video produced by Kebekus, Dunk the Lord in Kebekus! at Einsfestival. In the video in which she appears in a nun's costume and licks a crucifix, Kebekus wrote in the form of a rap, among other things: “He's my bank, only for him I pull bare” and “By God punk goes off because only he has the funk; Jesus is the shit and if you don't believe it, you poop. ”There were also allusions to sexual abuse in the Catholic Church . Stefan Raab recommended Kebekus to complain to the future WDR director Tom Buhrow and to insist on artistic freedom after she described her show as “mutilated”: “Of course, it had been removed for about three weeks, and now WDR has noticed : 'We don't want to be that young either' ”. It will probably be the last broadcast.
Regarding the accusation of censorship, which Kebekus totally raised on TV , and the accusation of self-censorship , which, according to Tagesspiegel, was raised by employees of the show, the WDR said he could "not accept this". The station stands for liberality and tolerance, which means that religious beliefs of the population have to be respected. After an editorial discussion and legal review, the program managers decided not to broadcast the video: "There is a considerable difference between criticizing the church as an institution and denigrating religious symbols", regardless of whether a program is aimed at a younger or older audience . A future cooperation with Kebekus will show - “our doors will remain open anyway.” In connection with the video, due to a call by the Pius Brotherhood, around 100 complaints were received against Kebekus. The public prosecutor's office in Cologne checked whether the contribution complied with the offense of insulting denominations, religious societies and ideological associations (Section 166 StGB), found no criminal action and stopped the investigation. The satirically exaggerated representation has no insulting character, but a content critical of the church .
- 2007: complete idiot
- 2008: Tomorrow, you guys! The instructor Schmidt film
- 2012: Hanni & Nanni 2nd
- 2012: Agent Ranjid saves the world
- 2014: The little dragon Kokosnuss , speaking role as dubbing voice for Mathilda
- 2015: Minions , speaking role as dubbing voice for Scarlet Overkill
- 2016: Men's Day
- 2017: Honey, take it! (Main role)
- 2019: My Lotta Life - All Bingo with Flamingo!
- 2002: What are you looking at ?!
- 2005: RTL Comedy Night
- 2006: Friday Night News
- 2006: Pastewka - the voucher
- 2007: children, children
- 2007: Say it with slippers
- 2008: The only true wedding crashers
- 2008: WunderBar
- 2009–2011: Broken Comedy
- 2010: Bernd & Friends (four episodes)
- 2011: The weekly show
- 2012: The Pro Sieben fairytale hour
- 2013: Ritter Rost - Eisenhart & fully dented
- 2013: TV total show session
- since 2013: today show
- 2013: Kebekus!
- 2013: crazy!
- 2013: Eye TV - The Crazy Puppet Channel (speaker)
- 2014: Mad are male
- 2014: Mario Barth reveals!
- 2015; 2017; 2018; 2020: The institution
- 2015–2019: PussyTerror TV
- since 2018: Ingeniously beside it
- 2018: Luke! The school and me
- 2018: Sketch History
- 2019: Luke! The great night show
- since 2020: The Carolin Kebekus Show
- Pussy terror. From the life of a street diva . Heyne Verlag, Munich 2011, ISBN 978-3-453-60224-3 .
- Pussy Terror - Live . Sony Music, 2013 (DVD; Gold , Comedy Award.).
- Broken Comedy - The complete cult show . Turbine Media, 2015 (DVD).
- Best of Pussy Terror TV Season 1 - Live . Sony Music, 2016 (DVD).
- 2009: The funniest reading evening in the world: Live reading with Jürgen von der Lippe , Jochen Malmsheimer and Carolin Kebekus (gold, audio book award )
- 2010: Upside down world: Staged reading with Jürgen von der Lippe, Jochen Malmsheimer and Carolin Kebekus
- 2011: Pussy Terror
- 2011: Ghetto Cabaret (Improversum / Groove Attack )
- 2011: Favorite vs. Caroline Kebekus Favorite and Carolin Kebekus
- 2013: Funkemarieche ( Brings , Carolin Kebekus)
- 2014: Pinch your ass cheeks, princess! Reading with Carolin Kebekus
- 2015: While stretching, I sing ballads: stories and glosses with Jürgen von der Lippe, Jochen Malmsheimer and Carolin Kebekus
- 2016: Pirate ( Kasalla , Carolin Kebekus)
- 2018: Deck opjedrage (Beer Bitches)
- 2019: All Years Songs (Aunt Renate) ( Sebastian Winkler , Carolin Kebekus)
- Chill mal, Frau Freitag , audio book Hamburg Verlag, Hamburg 2012, ISBN 978-3-86909-105-1 .
- Full strict, Ms. Friday , audio book Hamburg Verlag, Hamburg 2012, ISBN 978-3-86909-106-8 , was broadcast on July 24, 2012 on NDR Kultur .
- Really easy, Ms. Friday! , Audiobook Hamburg Verlag, Hamburg 2013, ISBN 978-3-86909-134-1 .
- Pinch your ass cheeks, princess !, The Audio Verlag
Nominations and Awards
- 2007: Audience award in the Tegtmeier Heirs competition
- 2008: Prix Pantheon
- 2011: nominated for the German Comedy Award as best comedian
- 2013: German Comedy Award as best female comedian
- 2014: German Comedy Award as best female comedian
- 2014: nominated for the German Comedy Award as the best TV solo program for Pussy Terror
- 2015: nominated for the German Animation Spokesperson Award at the Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Film for her role in The Little Dragon Coconut
- 2015: German Comedy Award for best comedian and for the best personality show for her program PussyTerror TV
- 2015: 1 live crown in the Comedy category
- 2015: nominated for the German Television Award in the category Best Comedy / Cabaret with PussyTerror TV
- 2016: German Comedy Award as best female comedian
- 2016: nominated for Goldene Henne (Audience Award Entertainment)
- 2017: Web video award Germany as Person of the Year Female
- 2017: German Comedy Award in the now combined category Best Comedian (as best comedian for the 5th time in a row)
- 2018: German Comedy Award in the categories of best comedian and best TV solo program.
- 2019: Radio Regenbogen Award in the Comedy category 2018
- 2019: Juliane Bartel Prize
- Eberhard Urban , Kristiane Müller-Urban: Strong women in the Bergisches Land: 30 portraits . Droste-Verlag, Düsseldorf 2016, ISBN 978-3770-04130-5 , chapter Carolin Kebekus , pp. 187-192.
- Interview with David Kebe: What it's like to be the brother of Carolin Kebeku's comedian on ksta.de on November 10, 2018, accessed on December 14, 2018
- So Kebekus' own account in the interview, cf. Antje Hildebrandt: "I can count my penises on one hand". Panorama Carolin Kebekus. In: Welt Online . October 21, 2014, accessed August 13, 2016 .
- Carolin Kebekus receives the 1LIVE Comedy-Krone 2015. WDR, November 20, 2015, accessed on August 13, 2016 (press release).
- Tokio Hotel fans threaten RTL presenter. In: BZ April 29, 2006, archived from the original on May 23, 2006 ; accessed on August 13, 2016 .
- Michael Kerkmann: Broadcast on June 2, 2013. Rooms are free! wdr.de , May 11, 2013, archived from the original on July 8, 2013 ; accessed on August 13, 2016 .
- Trouble about church satire by Carolin Kebekus. Deutschlandradio Kultur , June 5, 2013, archived from the original on October 5, 2013 ; accessed on August 13, 2016 .
- Jenny Filon: Carolin Kebekus gives laudatory speech at the Emmy Awards in New York. In: Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger. November 25, 2014, accessed August 13, 2016 .
- Uwe Mantel: Kebekus and the WDR give each other a second chance. In: DWDL.de. February 9, 2015, accessed August 13, 2016 .
- "Honey, take it!": Can comedy star Carolin Kebekus also go to the cinema?
- Laila Oudray: " Shit for a moment on the table". In: taz. June 19, 2019, accessed August 9, 2019 .
- Lisa Nienhaus: "Feminism, that sounds so unshaven and unbuckled". In: Frankfurter Allgemeine. February 23, 2016, accessed August 9, 2019 .
- “heute-show” angered the Catholic Church . In: Der Spiegel . No. 9 , 2013, p. 139 ( online ).
- Controversial church satire: Comedian Carolin Kebekus railed against WDR "censorship" , Spiegel Online from June 5, 2013
- WDR deletes church satire by Carolin Kebekus , handelsblatt.com from June 6, 2013
- TV presenter Carolin Kebekus complains about WDR , Tagesspiegel from June 5, 2013
- No investigations against Kebekus , ksta.de from July 9, 2013
- Gold / platinum database, accessed August 1, 2018
- Prize Winner 2017. (No longer available online.) Website of the Web Video Prize Germany, archived from the original on September 2, 2017 ; accessed on June 2, 2017 .
- Funnier than all guys , Spiegel Online , October 25, 2017
- Carolin Kebekus receives Radio Regenbogen Award , Die Welt Online on December 4, 2018
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German comedian, singer, voice actress and actress|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 9, 1980|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bergisch Gladbach|