Utting am Ammersee
|coat of arms||Germany map|
Coordinates: 48 ° 2 ' N , 11 ° 5' E
|Administrative region :||Upper Bavaria|
|County :||Landsberg am Lech|
|Height :||553 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||19.01 km 2|
|Residents:||4551 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||239 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||86919|
|Area code :||08806|
|License plate :||LL|
|Community key :||09 1 81 144|
|Community structure:||3 parts of the community|
|Address of the
86919 Utting am Ammersee
|Mayor :||Florian Hoffmann ( CSU )|
|Location of the municipality of Utting am Ammersee in the Landsberg am Lech district|
Utting am Ammersee (only Utting until October 8, 1953 ) is a municipality in the Upper Bavarian district of Landsberg am Lech .
Utting am Ammersee is located in the Upper Bavaria district in the Landsberg am Lech district.
The municipality is divided into three districts or districts: Rieden am Ammersee (district, another district in Dießen am Ammersee), Hechenwang (district, further district in Windach ) and Utting am Ammersee.
The municipality has three officially named municipality parts :
|Part of the community||Topographic
area / ha
May 25, 1987
May 25, 1987
May 25, 1987
|001||Utting am Ammersee||Parish village||Utting am Ammersee||9074||1490.46||2604||722||1178|
|002||Armpit swing *||Well||Hechenwang||9024-0||149.20||47||11||24|
|003||Holzhausen am Ammersee||Church Village||Vineyards on the Ammersee||9056-1||261.21||282||110||142|
|Utting am Ammersee||local community||three districts||1900.87||2933||843||1344|
Until the church is planted
The oldest traces of human settlement activity in Utting go back to the second century BC. BC back ( Keltenschanze ). During Roman times, the important Via Raetia passed Utting and suggests that human settlement activity in the area continued.
Utting is derived from the Germanic personal name Uto, Utto or Outo; the suffix "-ing" means "belonging to". So Utting means: "Settlement of the people of Utto".
Utting was first mentioned in a document in 1122. When the Benedictine monastery on the Holy Mountain was re-established, Utting came to the Andechs monastery in 1458 . The place became part of the Electorate of Bavaria and formed a closed Hofmark , the seat of which was Utting until the abolition of the monastery in 1803. In the course of the administrative reforms in Bavaria , the original municipality was created with the municipal edict of 1818 .
The idyllic location on the Ammersee and the proximity to Munich make Utting and Holzhausen popular artists' retreats. Members of the artists' association Scholle and the Simplicissimus live or stay for a long time in Holzhausen - including: Leopold Durm , Reinhold Max Eichler , Erich Erler , Fritz Erler , Clara Ewald , Matthias Gasteiger and Anna Sophie Gasteiger , Walter Georgi , Kurt Kühn , Adolf Münzer , Paul Neu and Eduard Thöny . In October 1949, Group 47 met at Café Bauer.
Utting which was from August 1944 to the evacuation on April 22, 1945 Camp V of the outer bearing group Landsberg / Kaufering of the Dachau concentration camp . The inmates had to do forced labor in a tannery. Subcamp X continued to exist from September 1944 to April 26, 1945, and its prisoners had to work on the construction of an underground aircraft factory. A concentration camp cemetery in the forest on the road between Utting and Holzhausen commemorates 27 victims of these camps.
On January 1, 1972, part of the dissolved municipality of Hechenwang (Achselschwang) was incorporated. On July 1, 1972, the district of Holzhausen was added to the municipality of Rieden am Ammersee.
City council and mayor
Florian Hoffmann (CSU) has been mayor since May 1, 2020, elected with 53.6% of the vote. His predecessor from 2008 to 2020 was Josef Lutzenberger (Greens), who was no longer up for re-election.
- CSU: Christian Social Union CSU local association Utting-Finning
- FWG: Free Voting Association Utting am Ammersee
- GAL: Green Alternative List
- LWG: rural voter community
- SPD: Social Democratic Party of Germany
In 2012, the municipal tax revenue amounted to 4.098 million euros, of which 19.4% was trade tax revenue (net).
France : There has been a partnership with the municipality of Auray in Brittany since 1977 .
Economy and Infrastructure
According to official statistics, there were 21 employees at the place of work in the field of agriculture and forestry, 765 in the manufacturing sector and 221 in trade and transport. In other economic areas, 237 people were employed at the place of work subject to social security contributions. There were a total of 1292 employees at the place of residence subject to social security contributions. There were two companies in the manufacturing sector and twelve in the construction sector (2006). In 2007 there were 28 agricultural holdings with a utilized agricultural area of at least 2 ha, which farmed a total area of 1455 ha; 538 ha of this was arable land and 685 ha were permanent green space.
The single-track Ammerseebahn runs through Utting from Mering via Geltendorf and Dießen to Weilheim . It is managed by Deutsche Bahn as the route book route 985. Utting train station is located on the Ammerseebahn in the east of the town center and about 200 meters from the Ammersee shore.
The station has been served every hour since 2008 by trains of the Bayerische Regiobahn (BRB) from Augsburg-Oberhausen to Schongau . During rush hour , amplifier trains run every half hour between Geltendorf and Peißenberg . All trains that run on the route serve the station. Long-distance trains have not been running on the Ammerseebahn since 1991 .
Utting is connected to the Landsberger Verkehrsgemeinschaft (LVG), but rail transport is not integrated into it. The LVG bus routes open up the center of Uttingen and the Holzhausen district of Uttingen .
The following bus routes currently operate in Utting:
- 14: Landsberg am Lech - Schwifting - Finning - ( Hechenwang -) Utting - Holzhausen
- 913: Winkl - Prittriching - Scheuring - Weil - Ramsach - Eresing - Sankt Ottilien - Greifenberg - Schondorf - Utting - Holzhausen - Riederau - St. Alban - Dießen
In 2010 the following institutions existed:
- three kindergartens with a total of 208 kindergarten places and a total of 208 children
- an elementary school with 14 classes, in which 20 teachers teach 310 students in 14 classes
- The BVS training center of the Bavarian Administration School is located in the Holzhausen district .
- Adult Education Center Ammersee-Nordwest: The vhs is the communal institution of the community Utting am Ammersee and the administrative community Schondorf am Ammersee with its member communities Eching am Ammersee, Greifenberg and Schondorf am Ammersee.
Culture and sights
- St. Leonhardskirche: baroque hall by the monastery builder Michael Natter; Construction period 1707 to 1712.
- Keltenschanze: well-preserved square hill 1.5 km west of the village; 2nd century BC Chr.
- Roman road: the route of the Roman road Augsburg-Brenner can still be seen clearly in several places in the Uttinger Flur.
- Künstlerhaus Gasteiger: property of the artist couple Gasteiger with a spacious park, house and small museum; Completion in 1913.
- Old lido with a wooden 10 m diving platform
- Large and popular beer garden in the "Freizeitgelände Utting"
See also: List of architectural monuments in Utting am Ammersee
- Ammersee-Lech cycle and hiking trail
- Ammer-Amper cycle and hiking trail
- "Seeholz" nature reserve
- Utting leisure area with bathing facilities, high ropes course, mini golf and campsite
- Summer park
- Ammersee shipping
In addition to Catholic and Protestant church dominated associations (church choirs, rural women, Leonhardi club), Maypole friends, music clubs, glee club Liedertafel and sports clubs there are communities in Holzhausen and Achselschwang.
- Dance into May (April)
- Raising the maypole (every three years) / Maypole Friends Festival (May)
- Lake festival at the campsite (June)
- Handicraft market in Summerpark (July)
- Utting floating stage in the Summer Park (July); Professional and amateur actors have played here since 1997. From Goldoni to Shakespeare, the open-air stage delights every year with productions by Florian Münzer.
- Parish festival of the Catholic parish in Holzhausen (July)
- Leonhardiritt (November)
- MEMORY of the cath. PG. Utting-Schondorf; silent procession from the memorial on the former Dyckerhoff site over the memorial of the prisoners of war (Holzhauser-Str.) to the Jewish cemetery (November 9th)
- Christmas market at the old fire station on the weekend of the first Advent (November / weekend on the first Advent)
- Torchlight procession for the winter solstice (December)
The largest sports club in the area is TSV Utting , which offers badminton, basketball, ice stock sport, football, skiing, table tennis, gymnastics (popular sport) and water sports. Utting is also home to various sailing clubs (Augsburger Segler-Club e.V., Bayerische Seglervereinigung e.V., Segler-Gemeinschaft Utting e.V., Uttinger Segler-Club Ammersee e.V.), the Yacht-Club Utting e.V. V. (YCU'88) and the TC Utting tennis club.
See: List of soil monuments in Utting am Ammersee
- Gottfried John (1942–2014), German actor, lived in Utting am Ammersee from 2008 until his death in 2014
- Mathias Schröder (* 1941 in Kassel ), German writer and doctor
- Georg Grimm (1868–1945), co-founder of the "Buddhist Community for Germany"
- Landsberg Citizens' Association in the 20th Century: Death March and Liberation - Landsberg in April 1945: The end of the Holocaust in Bavaria. ISBN 3-9803775-1-2 .
- Landsberg citizens' association in the 20th century: The Kaufering concentration camp command 1944/45: The extermination of the Jews in the "Ringeltaube" armaments project. ISBN 3-9803775-3-9 .
- Entry on the coat of arms of Utting am Ammersee in the database of the House of Bavarian History
- ↑ "Data 2" sheet, Statistical Report A1200C 202041 Population of the municipalities, districts and administrative districts 1st quarter 2020 (population based on the 2011 census) ( help ).
- ↑ Bavarian State Statistical Office (Hrsg.): Historical municipality register: The population of the municipalities of Bavaria in the period from 1840 to 1952 (= contributions to Statistics Bavaria . Issue 192). Munich 1954, DNB 451478568 , p. 249 , urn : nbn: de: bvb: 12-bsb00066439-3 ( digitized version ).
- ↑ Register of districts and municipalities ( memento of the original from December 17, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ Municipality of Utting am Ammersee in the local database of the Bavarian State Library Online . Bavarian State Library, accessed on September 7, 2019.
- ↑ Bavarian State Office for Statistics and Data Processing (Ed.): Official local directory for Bavaria, territorial status: May 25, 1987 . Issue 450 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich November 1991, DNB 94240937X , p. 103 ( digitized version ).
- ↑ Bavarian State Office for Statistics and Data Processing: Survey of area according to type of actual use, as of December 31, 2010
- ↑ Slomo Pasternak, a survivor, tells how he experienced the death march and liberation; Contents Kaufering X concentration camp command (Utting a.Ammersee); Death March - a sound document from an interview by Anton Posset
- ↑ The Holocaust in the Landsberg area Citizens' association Landsberg in the 20th century for research into Landsberger Zeitgeschichte eV
- ↑ The European Holocaust Memorial - a place of remembrance of the concentration camp complex Kaufering / Landsberg by the founders of the memorial of the citizens' association Landsberg in the 20th century for researching Landsberger Zeitgeschichte eV
- ^ Münchner Leerstellen - Utting: Aussenlager concentration camp
- ↑ Memorial sites for the victims of National Socialism. A documentation, Volume 1. Federal Agency for Civic Education, Bonn 1995, ISBN 3-89331-208-0 , p. 196
- ^ Wilhelm Volkert (ed.): Handbook of Bavarian offices, communities and courts 1799–1980 . CH Beck, Munich 1983, ISBN 3-406-09669-7 , p. 507 .
- ↑ Election of the first mayor - local elections 2020 in Utting am Ammersee - overall result. Retrieved May 25, 2020 .
- ↑ Gemeindedaten Utting am Ammersee, p. 31 ( page can no longer be accessed , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF; 1 MB)
- ^ Andreas Janikowski: The Ammerseebahn. Traffic development in western Upper Bavaria . Transpress, Stuttgart 1996, ISBN 3-344-71033-8 , pp. 94 .
- ↑ Line network of the Landsberger Verkehrsgemeinschaft ( Memento of the original from December 3, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF; 69 kB) on lvg-bus.de
- ↑ Information pages of the Utting Seebühne .