|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Eifel district Bitburg-Prüm|
|Association municipality :||South Eifel|
|Height :||350 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||4.98 km 2|
|Residents:||425 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||85 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||54298|
|Area code :||06506|
|License plate :||BIT, PRÜ|
|Community key :||07 2 32 225|
|Association administration address:||Pestalozzistraße 7
|Mayoress :||Martina Anna Thies|
|Location of the local community Gilzem in the Eifelkreis Bitburg-Prüm|
Gilzem is located in the southern Eifel , around 12 kilometers south of Bitburg and around 17 kilometers north of Trier . The community also includes the Kleebornerhof and Weinsfelderhof residential areas .
Gilzem was first mentioned in 1212 in a document from Archbishop Johann I of Trier under the name "Gelime", in which he bequeathed income from Gilzem to the Stift zu Pfalzel . In later documents the place is also called "Gelisheim" and "Geilsheim".
Until November 7, 1970 Gilzem belonged to the district of Trier-Saarburg and was incorporated into the district of Bitburg-Prüm, which was newly formed on the same date.
- Statistics on population development
The development of the population of Gilzem, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
In 1987 a 436 g heavy meteorite was found in Gilzem .
- To search for cultural assets of the local community Gilzem in the database of cultural assets in the Trier region .
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2019 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 101 (PDF; 3 MB).
- Official municipality directory (= State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate [Hrsg.]: Statistical volumes . Volume 407 ). Bad Ems February 2016, p. 150 (PDF; 2.8 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate: My village, my city. Retrieved August 6, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections. Retrieved August 6, 2019 .
- The meteorite hunters of Apolda. ( Memento from February 12, 2013 in the web archive archive.today )