|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Eifel district Bitburg-Prüm|
|Association municipality :||South Eifel|
|Height :||468 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||6.47 km 2|
|Residents:||119 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||18 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||54673|
|Area code :||06564|
|License plate :||BIT, PRÜ|
|Community key :||07 2 32 047|
|Association administration address:||Pestalozzistraße 7
|Local Mayor :||Peter Trauden|
|Location of the local community Heilbach in the Eifelkreis Bitburg-Prüm|
The place name probably comes from the clearing time. Until the annexation by France in 1794, the place belonged to the rule of Neuerburg and here again to the Plascheid dairy . It then became part of the Forests Department under French rule. In 1815 he was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia at the Congress of Vienna . After the First World War temporarily occupied by the French again, the place has been part of the then newly formed state of Rhineland-Palatinate since 1946 .
Statistics on population development
The development of the population, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
coat of arms
|Blazon : "Under the shield head, from silver over black: divided by angled cut to the border, split twice, 1st golden wayside cross consisting of a two-step base, convex shaft and narrow paw cross, 2nd in silver blue wavy bar, 3 in a large golden flank golden Gorse bush. "|
|Justification for the coat of arms: In the head of the coat of arms, the single house is introduced with a wide roof in a triangular shape. 5/7 of the shield are three columns - with right flank, heart stake and left flank. In the right flank there is a black figured and inlaid with gold wayside cross on a rounded and raised shaft and square base. This cross is in the district of Windhausen and dates back to 1780. Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to determine what it was for and by whom it was once erected. It is assumed that it is a so-called thank you cross. Exposed at a crossroads, it is a striking point for the district. In the heart stake, a horizontal blue wavy ribbon symbolizes the stream that gave the place its name, the Heilbach. The basic color silver - as well as the red on the right flank - prove the connection to the rulership of Neuerburg and the county of Vianden / L.|
Culture and sights
In Heilbach are worth seeing
- Agricultural machinery museum with 400 exhibits of historical agricultural equipment in Windhausen
- Transverse house with hall kitchen from the 18th century
- There are several crossroads across the municipality .
- Hiking routes in and around Heilbach
The following events are held regularly
- Annual fair or parish fair
- Castle burning on the first weekend after Ash Wednesday (so-called Scheef Sunday)
See also: List of cultural monuments in Heilbach
- To search for cultural assets of the local community Heilbach in the database of cultural assets in the Trier region .
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2019 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 99 (PDF; 3 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate: My village, my city. Retrieved August 6, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections. Retrieved August 6, 2019 .
- Heilbach coat of arms
- Nice hiking tour around Ammeldingen, past the places Plascheid, Zweifelscheid, Engelsdorf, Emmelbaum, Windhausen, Heilbach. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on February 16, 2018 ; accessed on February 15, 2018 .
- Hüttenbrennen in the Eifel. Retrieved May 1, 2016 .
- Hut Sunday in the Eifel. Retrieved August 10, 2017 .