|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Eifel district Bitburg-Prüm|
|Area :||358.59 km 2|
|Residents:||19,024 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||53 inhabitants per km 2|
|License plate :||BIT, PRÜ|
|Association key :||07 2 32 5005|
|Association structure:||66 parishes|
|Association administration address
|Mayor :||Moritz Petry ( CDU )|
|Location of the association community of Südeifel in the Eifel district of Bitburg-Prüm|
The Verbandsgemeinde Südeifel is an administrative unit in the legal form of a regional authority in the Eifelkreis Bitburg-Prüm in Rhineland-Palatinate . The municipality of the association includes the city of Neuerburg and 65 independent local communities , the administrative seat is in the city of Neuerburg. 19,024 inhabitants live in the association. (As of December 31, 2019)
Association members communities
|Local parish, city||Area (km²)||Residents|
|Ammeldingen on the Our||2.62||22nd|
|Ammeldingen near Neuerburg||4.49||247|
|Hüttingen near Lahr||4.40||145|
|Neuerburg , city||10.20||1,491|
|Roth an der Our||1.89||209|
|Sevenig near Neuerburg||5.92||50|
(Residents on December 31, 2019)
On September 28, 2010 the state government passed the “First Law on Local and Administrative Reform” with the aim of improving the efficiency, competitiveness and administrative power of local structures. With regard to the association communities, it was determined that they should include at least 12,000 inhabitants (main residence on June 30, 2009). On the cut-off date, 9,021 residents were registered in the Irrel community and 9,788 residents in the Neuerburg community. During the so-called voluntary phase, which was limited to June 30, 2012, a voluntary merger with a neighboring community did not come about.
On December 20, 2013, a state law decreed that the Irrel community will be incorporated into the Neuerburg community on July 1, 2014. The union community, which was transformed by the incorporation, initially bears the name "Südeifel". The responsible ministry will determine the name of the reorganized community within one year of the change of area. The town of Neuerburg was set as the seat of the Association of South Eifel .
The community of Irrel had filed a norms review complaint with the Rhineland-Palatinate Constitutional Court in Koblenz and claimed that its municipal guarantee of self-government had been violated. On June 29, 2015, the Constitutional Court decided that the incorporation of the Irrel community into the Neuerburg community is constitutional (file number: VGH N 7/14).
The development of the number of inhabitants in relation to what is today the area of the community of the southern Eifel; the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Association municipal council
The new Verbandsgemeinderat Südeifel consists of 32 honorary council members, who were elected in a personalized proportional representation in the local elections on May 26, 2019 , and the full-time mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
- UBV = Independent Citizens' Representation eV
- FWG = Free Association of Voters of the Verbandsgemeinde Südeifel eV
Moritz Petry (CDU) was directly elected mayor of the new community on May 25, 2014 with 64.91%. His eight-year term began on July 1, 2014.
coat of arms
Blazon : "Shield bordered in black, a blue wavy bar diagonally left in silver, a three-pinned red tower with a black gate in front, a red glaive cross in the back."
The coat of arms designed by Christian Credner was adopted by the municipal council on December 10, 2015 and approved by the district administration of the Eifel district Bitburg-Prüm on March 15, 2016 .
|Foundation of the coat of arms: The colors red and silver stand for the earlier rule in today's municipality area by the Counts of Vianden as bailiffs of the Imperial Abbey of Prüm , from 1264 the rule changed to Luxembourg , which exercised feudal rule over Vianden until the end of the 18th century (blue and Silver). The red castle tower comes from the coat of arms of the former municipality of Neuerburg and at the same time symbolizes the castles that still exist in the municipality area. The glaive cross comes from the coat of arms of the former community of Irrel . It stood for the affiliation of 13 of the total of 17 parishes to the Echternach Provost . The wave bar symbolizes the abundance of water and the location of the river in numerous communities. The black border symbolizes the association as such.|
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- administration of the Eifelkreis Bitburg-Prüm: Administrative affiliation of the individual communities ( online PDF )
- First state law on local and administrative reform of September 28, 2010 (PDF; 685 kB)
- Database at rlpDirekt, KommWis GmbH ( Memento of the original from April 28, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- State law on the incorporation of the Irrel community into the Neuerburg community of December 20, 2013
- Constitutional Court of Rhineland-Palatinate - judgment of June 29, 2015 ( Memento of March 6, 2016 in the Internet Archive )
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate: Regional data.
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, council elections at the level of the association. Retrieved August 7, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections of the full-time mayors
- Coats of arms, flags, flags in the Verbandsgemeinde Südeifel , p. 2 (PDF, 6.8 MB)