Tate in the Seahawks jersey, 2013
|New York Giants - No. 15|
|Date of birth: August 2, 1988|
|Place of birth: Hendersonville , Tennessee|
|Height: 1.78 m||Weight: 88 kg|
|2010 for the Seattle Seahawks|
|College : Notre Dame|
|NFL Draft : 2010 / Round: 2 / Pick: 60|
|Current status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
Selected NFL stats
as of week 17 of the 2019 season
|Statistics at NFL.com|
|Statistics at pro-football-reference.com|
Golden Tate Herman III (* 2. August 1988 in Hendersonville , Tennessee ) is an American American football poker players on the position of wide receiver . He plays for the New York Giants in the National Football League (NFL). He was selected in the 2010 NFL Draft by the Seattle Seahawks in the 2nd round as the 60th player.
Before Tate moved to college football , he played on the University of Notre Dame baseball team . There he was selected by the Arizona Diamondbacks in the 2007 MLB Draft , but turned down a move to Major League Baseball (MLB).
He then joined the university's football team in 2007. In the 2008 season, Tate caught 52 passes , completing 903 yards and seven touchdowns . Already after the 2009 season, Tate signed up for the 2010 NFL Draft on December 7, 2009 and ended his college career early.
In the 2011 season , Tate caught 35 passes for 382 yards and managed three touchdowns.
In 2012 there was a controversial touchdown from Tate in the third week of the season. He caught a Hail Mary pass from quarterback Russell Wilson , who then decided the game and gave the Seahawks a victory over the Green Bay Packers . In slow motion could be seen that the ball rather defender MD Jennings intercepted ( interception ) was Tate and pass in front of catcher Sam Shields handicapped in its running route . This fueled the discussion about the substitute referees to replace the striking NFL referees at the time. Tate caught a total of 45 passes for 688 yards and seven touchdowns that season.
In 2013 , Tate became the first receiver after Sidney Rice's retirement and Percy Harvin's injury . As a result, he had some important scenes that season, catching 64 passes for 898 yards and five touchdowns. That season, Tate won the NFC Championship Game and Super Bowl XLVIII with the Seahawks . After the season, Tate's contract with the Seahawks ended.
After his contract ended, Tate joined the Detroit Lions and signed a contract for $ 31 million (with a guaranteed $ 13.25 million) on March 12, 2014, which was set for five years. Tate made 1,331 yards with 99 passes and four touchdowns with the Lions in the 2014 season and was elected to the Pro Bowl for the first time in his career .
In his second year with the Lions, Tate again played a key role in the passing game and was increasingly used as a punt returner in 2015 . As a return specialist , he managed to score 175 yards this season .
In the 2016 season he was used again exclusively in the passing game, as he should be more important on the offensive after the end of his teammate Calvin Johnson's career . Under these conditions he could not flourish outstandingly, but at least build on his consistently good performance with the Lions. He caught 91 balls for 1,077 yards and made 4 touchdowns .
During the season 2018 Tate was increasingly in favor of the receiver duo consisting of Marvin Jones and Kenny Golladay , less used and finally for a draft - pick of the third round of the NFL Draft in 2019 to the Philadelphia Eagles transferred.
Tate joined the Philadelphia Eagles after matchday 8 of the 2018 season, before the end of the NFL transfer window, and was number 19 .
New York Giants
In March 2019, Tate signed a four-year contract for $ 37.5 million, of which two years and $ 23 million are guaranteed. He was suspended for the first four games of the 2019 season for violating performance-enhancing substances guidelines .
|season||team||Games||Passport catch||Running game||Passing game||Punt returns||Kickoff returns||Fumbles|
|2019||New York Giants||11||10||49||676||13.8||64T||6th||1||16||16.0||16||0||-||-||-||-||-||-||10||97||9.7||17th||0||-||-||-||-||-||1||1|
- Golden Tate - The Baseball Cube. Retrieved September 2, 2018 .
- Tate leaving the Golden Dome, too . In: ProFootballTalk . December 7, 2009 ( nbcsports.com [accessed September 2, 2018]).
- Tate says he and Seahawks have reached deal; team mum . HeraldNet. July 29, 2010. Accessed in February 2011. ( Page no longer available , search in web archives )
- Murilee Martin: Toyoglide! In: Jalopnik . ( deadspin.com [accessed September 2, 2018]).
- Replacement refs rob Green Bay of victory after bizarre last-second Hail Mary . In: USATODAY.COM . ( usatoday.com [accessed September 2, 2018]).
- Golden Tate, Detroit Lions strike five-year contract . In: NFL.com . ( nfl.com [accessed September 2, 2018]).
- Brandon Lee Gowton: Golden Tate Trade: Eagles acquire Lions wide receiver in exchange for draft pick. SB Nation , October 30, 2018, accessed October 31, 2018 (English): "The reigning Super Bowl champions have acquired Detroit Lions wide receiver Golden Tate in exchange for a third-round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft."
- Jeff Kerr: Golden Tate will wear No. 19 with Eagles. 247sports.com, October 30, 2018, accessed October 31, 2018 : "Golden Tate apparently has found his new jersey number with the Philadelphia Eagles as the NFL tweeted a picture of him wearing No. 19 in an Eagles uniform. "
- What does the Golden Tate signing mean for the Giants offense? Retrieved March 24, 2019 .
- Golden Tate facing four-game suspension for PEDs. nfl.com, July 27, 2019, accessed July 27, 2019 .
- Career statistics on nfl.com. Accessed January 31, 2020.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Tate III, Golden Herman (real name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American football player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||2nd August 1988|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hendersonville , Tennessee , United States|