|coat of arms||Germany map|
|State :||Lower Saxony|
|Height :||185 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||128.94 km 2|
|Residents:||8831 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||68 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||37130|
|Primaries :||05592, 05508, 0551|
|License plate :||GÖ , DUD, HMÜ, OHA|
|Community key :||03 1 59 015|
|LOCODE :||DE GCN|
|Community structure:||16 districts|
|Address of the
|Mayor :||Manfred Kuhlmann ( SPD )|
|Location of the municipality of Gleichen in the district of Göttingen|
When the municipality of Gleichen was named, the mountain couple Die Gleichen , which towers near the municipality of Gelliehausen, was the godfather.
The municipality of Gleichen is located southeast of Göttingen , west-southwest of Duderstadt and north-northwest of Heilbad Heiligenstadt . The larger, western part of the municipality is located in the Reinhäuser Wald nature reserve . Several districts in the Gartetal are traversed by the Garte and the Bremker Tal with the villages of Bremke and Reinhausen from the small Wendebach (with the Wendebach reservoir ), both right and eastern tributaries of the Leine .
In the center of the municipality are Die Gleichen , a pair of mountains up to 430 m high that rise between Appenrode , Bettenrode and Gelliehausen. Both mountains were once crowned by castles , of which ruins remain.
The districts of the municipality of Gleichen can be reached, for example, via the state roads that branch off from the B 27 eastwards.
The municipality was created through the municipal reform in 1973 and has 16 districts ; Administrative seat is Reinhausen:
- Benniehausen (with Neuengleichen, Wittmarshof, Eichenkrug and parts of the Groß Lengdens district with Niedeck and Helleberg)
- Bremke (with Appenrode, Sennickerode, Altenleichen, Eschenberg and the Elbickerode district with Vogelsang)
- Great Lengden
- Klein Lengden (with stone mill and Gartetal spinning mill)
- Reinhausen (with Bettenrode and the Waldschlösschen )
- Rittmarshausen (with parts of the Kerstlingerodes district)
- Sattenhausen (with Himmigerode, Tönjesmühle and the Riekenrode district)
- Weißenborn (with Charlottenburg)
In the Middle Ages, the Altenleichen Court was established, a patrimonial court that was subordinate to the Lords of Uslar-Gleichen , who owned the upper court there. The localities included Gelliehausen, Benniehausen, Wöllmarshausen, Bremke, as well as the Sennickerode, Appenrode, Elbickerode and Volgelsang goods. Just as the Neuengleichen office was canceled on July 4, 1825, the Altenleichen court was incorporated into the Reinhausen office in 1852 as part of the Hanoverian judicial reform . The Altenleichen court had 1848 1988 inhabitants, 324 residential buildings and an area of 0.432 km 2 . The community Gleichen existed since January 1st 1973. On this day the communities Beienrode, Benniehausen, Bischhausen, Bremke, Diemarden, Etzenborn, Gelliehausen, Groß Lengden, Ischenrode, Kerstlingerode, Klein Lengden, Reinhausen, Rittmarshausen, Sattenhausen, Weißenborn and Wöllmarshausen merged into the new church.
|Parties and constituencies||
|SPD||Social Democratic Party of Germany||41.88||10||42.29||10||43.45||10||48.5||12|
|CDU||Christian Democratic Union of Germany||27.02||6th||24.98||6th||33.72||8th||34.7||9|
|GREEN||Alliance 90 / The Greens||18.82||4th||18.60||5||12.86||3||10.4||2|
|FWG - ex||Free community of voters equals - BsP citizens instead of parties||12.27||3||12.30||3||8.18||2||4.5||1|
|FDP||Free Democratic Party||-||-||1.37||-||1.79||1||1.9||-|
|ÖDP||Ecological Democratic Party||-||-||0.46||-||-||-||-||-|
|Voter turnout in%||69.51||67.41||69.33|
The full-time mayor Heinz-Jürgen Proch was elected in September 1996 . In the local elections in 2006 there was a runoff on September 24, 2006. Heinz-Jürgen Proch (SPD) was able to prevail with 52.27% compared to 47.73% for Werner Wille (CDU) and thus remained in office until 2014. Manfred Kuhlmann (SPD) has been the full-time mayor since 2014.
Coat of arms, flag and official seal
The municipality of Gleichen has a coat of arms, a flag and an official seal.
- Description of the coat of arms
- "The coat of arms of the municipality of Gleichen shows two green hills in silver, on the right with a square, crenellated red tower, on the left with a red round tower with a blue pointed roof."
The coat of arms symbolizes the mountain couple of equals ; the towers represent the former castles on the peaks.
- Description of the flag
- “The colors of the municipality of Gleichen are blue and red. The flag of the municipality of Gleichen consists of two longitudinal stripes of equal width (meaning horizontal stripes) with the coat of arms in the middle. "
- Official seal
The official seal contains the coat of arms of the municipality of Gleichen and the inscription "Municipality of Gleichen, district of Göttingen".
Culture and sights
- the historic student pub Mutter Jütte in the Bremke district
Every year, fairy tale festivals for children are performed on the Brothers Grimm Forest Stage in Bremke. The performance is from mid-May to mid-September. The Waldbühne was built by the villagers in 1949.
South of the Waldschlösschen Academy is the Hurkutstein in the forest , which was declared a natural monument in 1936 together with the oak standing on it. The documented hermitage of the former Benedictine monastery of Reinhausen was located there. The monk Heinrich Hufnagel built the chapel "Zum Heiligen Grabe" around 1385 and lived there as a hermit .
The Waldschlösschen Academy is located near Reinhausen .
- Gottfried August Bürger (1747–1794), the poet lived in Gelliehausen from 1772 to 1773 and in Wöllmarshausen from 1774 to 1784 and worked from 1772 to 1784 as a bailiff at the Altenleichen court in Gelliehausen.
- Werner Schröder (judge) (1916–2010), judge at the Federal Social Court in Kassel
- Manfred Köhne (1939–2014), agricultural scientist, lived in Diemarden and was the tenant of the Benniehausen hunting grounds
- Burghard von Lüpke (* 1939), the forest scientist, headed the Reinhausen Forestry Office from 1973 to 1991.
- Klaus-Peter Bruns (1913-2011), a German farmer and politician (SPD)
- Helmut Schütze (* 1939), German entomologist
- State Office for Statistics Lower Saxony, LSN-Online regional database, Table 12411: Update of the population, as of December 31, 2019 ( help ).
- Heinrich Lücke: On the banks of the garden. History and literature from the southeast corner of the Göttingen region . Mecke, Duderstadt 1927, p. 32 .
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27, 1970 to December 31, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer GmbH, Stuttgart / Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 208 .
- § 2 of the main statute of the municipality of Gleichen from November 23, 2011