Hubert Aiwanger (born January 26, 1971 in Ergoldsbach ) is a German politician . Since November 2018 he has been Deputy Prime Minister of Bavaria and Minister of State for Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy in the Söder II cabinet . He is federal chairman of the Federal Association of Free Voters , the party Federal Association of Free Voters , regional chairman of the Free Voters in Bavaria (Chairman of the State Association of Free Voters in Bavaria and the Free Voters' Group) and was the parliamentary group leader of the Free Voters from 2008 to 2018 in the Bavarian state parliament .
Aiwanger, son of a farmer , grew up in Rahstorf (part of the Inkofen district of the city of Rottenburg an der Laaber ) and lives there to this day. He is in a relationship with the district administrator of the Regensburg district, Tanja Schweiger , with whom he has two children. Aiwanger is a Roman Catholic denomination.
education and profession
After high school at Burkhart-Gymnasium in Mallersdorf-Pfaffenberg and the military service , the trained graduated from farmer to study agriculture to agricultural engineer (FH) at the University of Applied Sciences Weihenstephan with the help of a grant from the CSU-affiliated Hanns Seidel Foundation .
Aiwanger joined the free voters a few months before the local elections in 2002, was a candidate for the city council of Rottenburg an der Laaber , but narrowly failed. His career with the Free Voters (FW) then ran quickly through the stations of Rottenburg local chairman, from November 2004 district chairman of Landshut and a short term as first district chairman in Lower Bavaria.
At the delegates' assembly of Free Voters on March 25, 2006 in Garching near Munich , he was surprisingly elected as state chairman in a runoff election with a narrow majority (340 to 322 votes cast) after the previous chairmen had no longer run. In October 2014 he was confirmed in office for another two years with 92 percent of the votes. Aiwanger thus succeeded the longstanding chairman Armin Grein in one of the strongest FW state associations.
In 2009, Aiwanger failed to achieve his goal of leading free voters into the European Parliament . After the successful complaints against the percentage hurdle, the Free voters entered the European Parliament for the first time in May 2014 with their MP Ulrike Müller .
In the election of the board of directors of the federal association in Berlin on March 27, 2010, Aiwanger was elected federal chairman of the free voters. Hubert Aiwanger was elected as the new Federal Chairman of the Federal Association of Free Voters in Münster on February 20, 2010 . On October 19, 2013, he was confirmed in office with 88 percent of the vote. The newly founded federal association replaces the previously existing federal electoral group, which was necessary to participate in the European elections.
Criticism of his leadership style
Aiwanger was accused by members of the federal executive board for a lack of leadership, especially with regard to the unsound financial management of some state associations. This led to the resignation of the federal managing director Cordula Breitenfellner and the legal advisor Bernd Richter. After the designated top candidate for the federal election, Stephan Werhahn, accused Aiwanger of “dictatorial leadership like in Cuba”, the board of the Saarland regional association called for his resignation as chairman.
Participation in the 2013 federal election also met with criticism from within the Free Voters.
He achieved his greatest political success up to that point in the state elections on September 28, 2008, when he entered the Bavarian state parliament for the first time with the free voters with 10.2% . On October 3, 2008 he was elected leader of the Free Voters parliamentary group in the state parliament.
On October 13, 2012, he was nominated as the top candidate of the Free Voters in Bavaria for the state elections there. Because of the Bavarian electoral system with district lists, this has only symbolic meaning. He ran for the constituency of Landshut , headed the list of Lower Bavaria with almost 58,000 total votes and entered the state parliament for the second time in September 2013. In the state election on October 14, 2018 , he received 25.0% of the first votes in the Landshut constituency; with 102,691 total votes he was re-elected from the list of the constituency of Lower Bavaria.
Hubert Aiwanger has been a city council member in Rottenburg an der Laaber and a district council member in Landshut since March 2008 .
Since spring 2004 he has been the first chairman of the Rottenburg district group of the Bavarian Hunting Association . He is also a member of numerous local associations such as the volunteer fire brigade . He is a participant in the “ Dialog Forum East-South Landshut Bypass in the course of the B15neu ”, which was set up on April 7, 2015 .
Aiwanger explained in the context of the refugee crisis that Germany had to be "satisfied and happy" that Austria would no longer wave refugees through. He was also positive about the fact that the Balkan route was closed, but at the same time warned of new waves of refugees. Aiwanger explained that politically persecuted people should be given asylum, but he sees them as "temporary guests". Aiwanger complains that immigration policy has been poorly managed in recent years. He advocates immigration based on the Canadian model .
Against the background of demands for a tightening of the gun law, Aiwanger declared that "Bavaria and Germany would be safer if every decent man and woman could have a knife in his pocket". The German police union commented on Aiwanger's proposal with a rejection and that there was no reason for arming in Germany. Representatives of the SPD and Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen also disagreed.
In January and February 2012, blonde jokes and other controversial gags were tweeted by Aiwanger. Due to cross-party criticism, the Twitter account was deleted on February 9, 2012.
Aiwanger has been on Twitter again since February 2016.
Aiwanger is repeatedly the target of imitations due to his strong Lower Bavarian dialect, for example he is regularly parodied by Wolfgang Krebs .
His speeches, which are sometimes confusing, are also satirically processed. For example, in the heute-show on May 22, 2020, two speeches by Aiwanger on the insurance case of the catering industry in the corona crisis and on the distance regulations in the corona crisis are parodied.
- Biography. Bavarian State Parliament.
- Hubert Aiwanger's website
- Hubert Aiwanger on parliamentwatch.de
- Aiwanger, Hubert. Bavarian State Parliament , accessed on November 12, 2018 .
- Attack on the CSU empire . Deutschlandfunk. August 20, 2008. Retrieved February 14, 2017.
- Karlsruhe overturns the three percent hurdle . ARD. February 26, 2014. Retrieved February 14, 2017.
- Aiwanger re-elected as chairman . Munich Mercury. October 19, 2013. Retrieved February 14, 2017.
- Allegations against the head of the Free Voters Aiwanger ( Memento from March 28, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Bayerischer Rundfunk, March 25, 2012
- Broadside against Aiwanger ( Memento from April 1, 2013 in the Internet Archive ), br.de from March 28, 2013.
- Grumbling about Aiwanger is getting louder . Munich Mercury. March 29, 2013. Retrieved February 14, 2017.
- Free voters: Uprising of the young . Augsburg General. January 25, 2012. Retrieved February 14, 2017.
- The Free Voters' Anti-Euro Campaign . World N24. May 30, 2012. Retrieved February 14, 2017.
- Clear vote for Aiwanger . Central Bavarian Newspaper. October 13, 2012. Retrieved February 14, 2017.
- Sharp criticism of Aiwanger's tone of voice . Southgerman newspaper. August 23, 2012. Retrieved February 14, 2017.
- Greens criticize Aiwanger . Danube Courier. September 17, 2012. Retrieved February 14, 2017.
- Aiwanger: Asylum seekers are temporary guests . Munich Mercury. July 21, 2017. Retrieved October 14, 2018.
- Aiwanger: "Canadian-style immigration desired" . Bavarian radio. October 3, 2018. Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- Knife for "decent" people? Criticism of Aiwanger's move. Welt.de, October 15, 2019, accessed on October 19, 2019 .
- Joke come out, you tweeted . Southgerman newspaper. January 24, 2012. Retrieved February 14, 2017.
- Aiwanger's last tweet . Southgerman newspaper. February 9, 2012. Retrieved February 14, 2017.
- Hubert Aiwanger's Twitter profile
- Oliver Welke: Corona crisis: The state must help the indebted municipalities! | Today show on May 22, 2020. In: ZDF. May 22, 2020, accessed June 22, 2020 .
- Oliver Welke: Corona crisis: The state must help the indebted municipalities! | Today show from May 22nd, 2020. In: ZDF. May 22, 2020, accessed June 22, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (Free Voters Bavaria), State Chairman of Free Voters in Bavaria, MdL|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 26, 1971|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Rottenburg an der Laaber|