Calendar overview 1184
|Friedrich I. organizes the Mainzer Hoftag from 1184 .|
|1184 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||632/633 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1727/28 (southern Buddhism); 1726/27 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||64th (65th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||546/547 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||579/580 (April 13-14)|
|Jewish calendar||4944/45 (September 7/8)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1494/95 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1495/96 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1240/41 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
Gempei War in Japan
- February 19 : In the second battle of Uji , members of the Minamoto clan fight each other.
- February 21 : Members of the Minamoto clan also meet at the Battle of Awazu . This time Minamoto no Yoshitsune won a decisive victory.
- March 8 : In the Gempei War , the Battle of Ichi-no-Tani takes place in Japan , in which the Samurai family of the Minamoto prevail over the rival Taira .
Holy Roman Empire
- On Whit Monday, May 21 , one day after the opening of the Mainzer Hoftag , the two sons of Emperor Friedrich Barbarossa , Heinrich and Friedrich , personally received the sword through him - a sign of the universal Hohenstaufen monarchy
- July 26th : Erfurt latrine fall
Other events in Europe
- June 15 : In the Battle of Fimreite , King Sverre defeats King Magnus V and becomes sole ruler of Norway .
- After the death of her father Giorgi III. Tamar becomes sole ruler in Georgia .
- Reconquista : The Portuguese defeat the Almohads at Santarém.
First documentary mentions
- First mention of Gütersloh in a document from the Bishop of Osnabrück.
- Arni , Straßbessenbach , Corban , Fislisbach , Gränichen , Grossdietwil , Mervelier , Othmarsingen , Remetschwil , Rochefort , Romoos , Schübelbach and Sulzbach am Main are first mentioned in a document.
- On one of Pope Lucius III. and Frederick I convened Council of Verona , the heretics are banned and the Inquisition is introduced.
Date of birth saved
Exact date of birth unknown
Born around 1184
- Constanze of Aragón , Empress, Queen of Hungary and Sicily († 1222 )
- Eleanor of Brittany , English princess from the House of Plantagenet († 1241 )
Date of death secured
- January 2 : Theodora Komnena , Duchess of Austria (* around 1134 )
- February 16 : Richard of Dover , Archbishop of Canterbury
- February 17th : Wartislaw , Prince of Pomerania (* after 1160 )
- March 2nd : Pilgrim , Bishop of Olomouc
- March 18 : Taira no Tadanori , Samurai (* 1144 )
- March 27th : Giorgi III. , King of Georgia
- May 1 : Adelheid IV. Von Sommerschenburg , Abbess of Gandersheim and Quedlinburg (* around 1130 )
- June 15 : Magnus V , King of Norway (* 1156 )
- July 8 : Otto I , Margrave of Brandenburg (* 1125 / 26 )
- July 26th : Gozmar III. , Count of Ziegenhain (* around 1130 )
- July 26 : Heinrich I , Count of Schwarzburg (* around 1130 )
- September 30th : Arnaud de Toroge , Grand Master of the Templar Order (* around 1105 )
- October 24 : Siegfried I. von Anhalt , Bishop of Brandenburg and Archbishop of Hamburg (* around 1132 )
- November 11th : Albert I. von Harthausen , Bishop of Freising
- November 15 : Beatrix of Burgundy , German Queen and Empress of the Holy Roman Empire (* around 1140 )
- November 15 : William de Beaumont, 3rd Earl of Warwick , English magnate (* around 1140 )
Exact date of death unknown
- Abu Yaqub Yusuf I , Almohad Caliph
- Agnès de Châtillon , Antiochian princess (* 1153 )
- Bénézet , patron saint of Avignon (* 1165 )
- Eckbert von Schönau , abbot (* around 1120 )
- Geoffroy du Breuil , French clergyman and chronicler
- Ishaq ibn Muhammad ibn Ghaniya , Almoravid Wālī from Mallorca
- Theodoros Kantakuzenos , Byzantine rebel
- William de Vesci , Anglo-Norman nobleman (* before 1157)