|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Office :||Great Lake Plön|
|Height :||32 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||11.79 km 2|
|Residents:||490 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||42 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||24306|
|Area code :||04522|
|License plate :||PLÖ|
|Community key :||01 0 57 067|
|LOCODE :||DE 66A|
|Office administration address:||Heinrich-Rieper-Strasse 8
|Mayoress :||Gertrud Henningsen (KWG)|
|Location of the community Rathjensdorf in the district of Plön|
Rathjensdorf is a municipality in the Plön district in Schleswig-Holstein . It is made up of the districts Rathjensdorf, Theresienhof, Tramm and Neutramm. Rathjensdorf is located in the heart of the Holstein Switzerland region and was named the Most Beautiful Village in 1963 .
Geography and traffic
The municipality of Tramm was formed in 1928 after the Rixdorf estate was dissolved. On October 1, 1949, the municipality of Tramm was renamed Rathjensdorf .
coat of arms
Blazon : “Divided by red and gold obliquely on the left. In front a silver pot helmet from the 13th century, flattened at the top, set with two silver wheels (helmet ornament) with thorns on the outside, behind a four-leaf green clover. "
Economy and Infrastructure
The municipality is predominantly agricultural. In the Rathjensdorf district is the Dörpskrog country inn , which had developed into supra-local importance and was taken over in 1991 by Karsten Lindemann in the third generation.
In 1963 a 5000 m² school forest was set up in a former gravel pit at the eastern entrance to the village , which is still in a well-tended condition today. On the edge of the school forest there is a memorial for those who fell in the war. Both facilities can be traced back to the diverse activities of the former village school teacher Heinz Petersen . To the south of the school forest there is an observation station of the "Project Group Sea Eagle Protection"
The school operation of the last single-class elementary school was stopped in the 1975/76 school year, and the children have been going to school in Plön since then. In 1996 a kindergarten was set up in the former school building in Rathjensdorf, which is run jointly with the neighboring community of Lebrade .
Rathjensdorf belongs to the ev.-luth. Parish Lebrade .
In the municipality of Kronprinzenkoog there is a district of the same name and street name Rathjensdorf ( )
- North Statistics Office - Population of the municipalities in Schleswig-Holstein 4th quarter 2019 (XLSX file) (update based on the 2011 census) ( help on this ).
- Schleswig-Holstein topography. Vol. 8: Pölitz - Schönbek . 1st edition Flying-Kiwi-Verl. Junge, Flensburg 2007, ISBN 978-3-926055-89-7 , pp. 106 ( dnb.de [accessed on July 23, 2020]).
- State Statistical Office Schleswig-Holstein (Ed.): The population of the communities in Schleswig-Holstein . Historical municipality directory: Notes on the municipality of Rathjensdorf (footnote). Kiel 1972 ( digitized from genealogy.net [accessed on April 21, 2015]).
- Election results for the community of Rathjensdorf , accessed on June 17, 2018.
- Schleswig-Holstein's municipal coat of arms
- Project group Sea eagle protection , last accessed on January 10, 2013