|Community association||Vexin-Val de Seine|
|surface||8.74 km 2|
|Residents||138 (January 1, 2017)|
|Population density||16 inhabitants / km 2|
The commune of Chérence is located 70 kilometers west of Paris , on the plain above the Seine . Neighboring municipalities of Chérence are Chaussy in the north, Villers-en-Arthies in the east, Haute-Isle in the south and Amenucourt in the south-west and west. The municipality is part of the Vexin français Regional Nature Park .
Finds from prehistory attest to early settlement.
- Church Saint-Denis , built in the 16th century ( monument historique )
- Cemetery cross , 14th century (Monument historique)
- Farm (Monument historique)
- Marie-Thérèse Dethan-Roullet (1870–1945), French painter; she lived with her husband in the building of the former priory in Chérence.
- Nathalie Sarraute (1900–1999), French writer, owned a house in Chérence from 1949 to 1999, where she wrote part of her work. She is buried in the Chérence cemetery.
- Le Patrimoine des Communes du Val-d'Oise. Flohic Éditions, Volume 2, Paris 1999, ISBN 2-84234-056-6 , pp. 546-548.
- Community presentation (French)
- Chérence at annuaire-mairie.fr (French)
- Monuments historiques in Chérence in the Base Mérimée of the French Ministry of Culture (French)