|prefecture||Pontoise (administrative headquarters: Cergy )|
|Residents||1,228,618 (Jan. 1, 2017)|
|Population density||987 inhabitants per km²|
President of the
Location of the department of Val-d'Oise in the
region of Ile-de-France
The Val-d'Oise [ valdwaːz ] ( German " Oise Valley " ) is the French department with the atomic number 95. It is in the Region Ile-de-France in the Paris region and is named after the river Oise named.
The Val-d'Oise department extends to the north-west and north of the greater Paris area. It borders the Oise department to the north, the Seine-et-Marne department to the east, the Seine-Saint-Denis , Hauts-de-Seine and Yvelines departments to the south, and the Eure department to the west .
West of Pontoise is a rural region, while the area between the eponymous river valley of the Oise and the international airport Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle on the eastern edge of the department is part of the densely populated agglomeration of Paris.
coat of arms
Description : In red, surrounded by a blue border with ten golden lilies , a silver oblique left wavy bar accompanied by a golden Alérion at the top and a golden wall anchor cross at the bottom .
The department was created in 1968 when the Seine-et-Oise department was divided into smaller departments. The order number 95 therefore differs from the alphabetical order .
In 2000, the arrondissement Montmorency was renamed the Arrondissement Sarcelles by relocating the main town and the change of location was completed in 2004 with the move of the sub-prefecture.
The most populous communes in the Val-d'Oise department are:
The Département Val-d'Oise is divided into 3 arrondissements , 21 cantons and 184 communes :
January 1, 2017
population / km²
- List of communes in the Val-d'Oise department
- List of cantons in the Val-d'Oise department
- List of associations of municipalities in the Val-d'Oise department
- Département Val-d'Oise (French)
- Prefecture of the Val-d'Oise department (French)
- ↑ valdoise.fr ( Memento of the original from January 25, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Retrieved August 10, 2012
Coordinates: 49 ° 2 ' N , 2 ° 4' E