|Residents||2,024,162 (Jan. 1, 2017)|
|Population density||398 inhabitants per km²|
President of the
Location of Bouches-du-Rhône in the
region of Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
The Bouches-du-Rhône department ([ buʃdyʀoːn ] to, French bouche "mouth") is the French department with the atomic number 13. It is in the southeast of the country in the region Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur . The prefecture is Marseille , sub-prefectures are Aix-en-Provence , Arles and Istres .
The department is located in Provence on the Mediterranean Sea and has a total of 280 kilometers of coastline. This is divided from east to west into the Côte d'Azur , the Côte Bleue and the Côte camarguaise . The department is bordered by the Gard departments to the west, Vaucluse to the north and Var to the east. In the south-west of the department near Arles are the Camargue and Crau landscapes , which are barely populated, as well as the small mountains of the Alpilles .
coat of arms
A total of 2,024,162 people lived in the department on January 1, 2017. They are called Bucco-Rhodaniens referred . A large part of the population lives in and around the prefecture of Marseille . In 2008, more than 10,000 people lived in 28 of the 119 parishes.
(January 1, 2017)
January 1, 2017
population / km²
- List of communes in the Bouches-du-Rhône department
- List of cantons in the Bouches-du-Rhône department
- List of associations of municipalities in the Bouches-du-Rhône department
Marseille Airport is located in the department .
The radio station France Bleu Provence broadcasts in the Bouches-du-Rhône and Var departments.
Measurement station: Marseille-Marignane
|Maritime climate data||Jan.||February||March||April||May||June||July||Aug||Sept||Oct||Nov||Dec|
|Mean maximum temperature||11||13||15th||18th||22nd||26th||30th||29||25th||20th||15th||12|
|Medium low temperature||3||4th||6th||9||13||16||19th||19th||16||12||7th||4th|
|Number of very sunny days||7th||7th||7th||7th||6th||8th||16||12||10||8th||7th||10|
|Number of days with an overcast sky||10||9||9||7th||5||3||1||2||5||8th||9||10|
|Number of rainy days||6th||6th||5||5||5||3||2||3||4th||6th||5||6th|
|Rainfall in mm||45||55||45||43||42||32||14th||25th||57||85||55||63|
|Water temperature near the coast||13||12||13||14th||16||19th||22nd||22nd||21st||19th||17th||14th|
Days per year with
- Rainfalls over 1 mm: 57
- Frost: 30
- First frost: November 19th
- Last frost: March 11th
- Snow: 2
- Thunderstorm: 20
- Hail: 1
At Mistral , the water temperature can be up to 5 degrees lower.
As of 1991
- General Council of the Départments des Départments Bouches-du-Rhône (French)
- Prefecture of the Bouches-du-Rhône (French)
- Climate data Marseille-Marignane 1971–2000 (French; PDF file; 119 kB)
- List of Franco-German town twinning in the Bouches-du-Rhône (German)
- http://www.cg13.fr/cg-13/institution/le-president-du-conseil-general/ accessed on March 27, 2013
- Website of the General Council - Water in the Département
- Climate data from: Jean-Noël Darde, Plages et côtes de France, Éditions Balland, Paris 1991