|region||Pays de la Loire|
|Residents||307,445 (Jan. 1, 2017)|
|Population density||59 inhabitants per km²|
President of the
Location of the department of Mayenne in the
region Pays de la Loire
The Mayenne [ majɛn ] is the French department with the atomic number 53. It is in the northwest of the country in the Region Pays de la Loire and is named after the river Mayenne named. The capital of the department is Laval .
The main river is the Mayenne , which crosses the department from north to south. The two largest cities, Laval and Mayenne, are also located on it . The river valleys of Mayenne, Sarthe and Vilaine are not deeply cut and wide, the soil is mostly fertile.
coat of arms
- Allée couverte des Bonnes Dames
- Dolmen La Table des Diables
- Dolmen des Erves
- Allée couverte de la Hameliniere
- Allée couverte from Petit-Vieux-Sou
The population was around 375,000 in 1861, compared to 340,000 in 1886.
The department has belonged to the Pays de la Loire region since 1960 .
The most populous municipalities in the Mayenne department are:
January 1, 2017
population / km²
- List of communes in the Mayenne department
- List of cantons in the Mayenne department
- List of associations of municipalities in the Mayenne department
- Mayenne . In: Meyers Konversations-Lexikon . 4th edition. Volume 11, Verlag des Bibliographisches Institut, Leipzig / Vienna 1885–1892, p. 375.
- lamayenne.fr ( Memento of the original from May 28, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Retrieved April 26, 2015.