The Milwaukee County Courthouse in Milwaukee, listed on the NRHP since 1982
|US state :||Wisconsin|
|Administrative headquarters :||Milwaukee|
|Address of the
|Milwaukee County Courthouse
901 North 9th Street, RM 201
Milwaukee, WI 53233
|Area code :||001 414|
|Residents :||947,735 (2010)|
|Population density :||1,516.4 inhabitants / km 2|
|Total area :||3081 km²|
|Water surface :||2456 km²|
|Website : county.milwaukee.gov|
The Milwaukee County is a county in the US -amerikanischen State Wisconsin . In 2010 , the county had 947,735 people and a population density of 1,516.4 people per square kilometer. By 2013 the population increased to 956,023. The county seat is Milwaukee .
Milwaukee County is located in the center of the Milwaukee metropolitan area .
The county is located on the west bank of Lake Michigan and has an area of 3,081 square kilometers, of which 2,456 square kilometers are water. The following neighboring counties border Milwaukee County:
|Washington County||Ozaukee County|
Milwaukee County was founded in 1835 on land originally inhabited by Indians. The name Milwaukee comes from the Algonquin word Mahnawaukee-Seepe , which means a meeting place on the river .
|Before 1900 1900–1990 2000 2010–2013|
According to the 2010 census , Milwaukee County had 956,023 people in 379,711 households. The population density was 1516.4 inhabitants per square kilometer. Statistically, 2.44 people lived in each of the 379,711 households.
The racial the population was composed of 65.6 percent white, 27.1 percent African American, 0.9 percent Native American, 3.8 percent Asian and other ethnic groups; 2.6 percent were descended from two or more races. Regardless of ethnicity, 14.0 percent of the population was Hispanic or Latino of any race.
24.5 percent of the population were under 18 years old, 63.6 percent were between 18 and 64 and 11.9 percent were 65 years or older. 51.7 percent of the population were female.
Milwaukee County localities
- Extract from the National Register of Historic Places - No. 82000687. Retrieved January 13, 2019
- Milwaukee County in the Geographic Names Information System of the United States Geological Survey Accessed 22 February 2011
- U.S. Census Bureau, State & County QuickFacts - Milwaukee County, WI ( Memento of the original from July 14, 2011 on WebCite ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Retrieved July 12, 2014
- National Association of Counties.Retrieved July 12, 2014
- US Census Bureau _ Census of Population and Housing.Retrieved February 28, 2011
- Extract from Census.gov.Retrieved February 28, 2011