|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||North Palatinate Country|
|Height :||156 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||6.62 km 2|
|Residents:||473 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||71 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||67822|
|Area code :||06362|
|License plate :||KIB, ROK|
|Community key :||07 3 33 051|
|Association administration address:||Schulstrasse 16
|Local Mayor :||Gunther Keller|
|Location of the local community Niedermoschel in the Donnersbergkreis|
Niedermoschel is a municipality in the Donnersbergkreis in Rhineland-Palatinate . It belongs to the Verbandsgemeinde Nordpfälzer Land , which has its administrative headquarters in the municipality of Rockenhausen and an additional administrative office in Alsenz .
Niedermoschel was first mentioned in a document in 1362. Nine years earlier it was named in a church document as the lower village near Alsenz. Initially belonging to the County of Veldenz , the place came after the death of Friedrich III. 1444 to Pfalz-Zweibrücken . After the French Revolution , Niedermoschel was part of the Donnersberg department . In 1816 it became Bavarian . After the Second World War , Niedermoschel became part of the newly formed state of Rhineland-Palatinate.
The local council in Niedermoschel consists of twelve council members, who were elected in the local elections on May 26, 2019 in a personalized proportional representation, and the honorary local mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
|2009||by majority vote||12 seats|
- WGG = Grünewald voter group
Local mayor is Gunther Keller, who won the runoff election on June 16, 2019 with a share of 52.61% of the votes against the previous incumbent Berthold Grünewald.
coat of arms
Blazon : “Divided and split above; top right in black a golden lion, tongued, armored and crowned in red; top left white and blue roughened; below a silver scallop shell in blue. "
Culture and sights
Nearest train stop is the Alsenz Station on the alsenz valley railway . Between 1903 and 1935 there was a stop on the narrow-gauge Obermoschel-Alsenz feeder line in the center of the village at the level of the former school building .
- Local community Niedermoschel (Ed.): Niedermoschel. Chronicle of a village . Niedermoschel 2012, ISBN 978-3-939512-38-7 .
- Literature about Niedermoschel in the Rhineland-Palatinate state bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- The Regional Returning Officer RLP: Local council election 2019 Niedermoschel. Retrieved August 28, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal elections 2014, city and municipal council elections
- The regional returning officer RLP: Municipal council election 2009 Niedermoschel. Retrieved August 29, 2019 .
- The Regional Returning Officer RLP: direct elections 2019. see Nordpfälzer Land, Verbandsgemeinde, 18th result line. Retrieved August 28, 2019 .
- The Rhine Palatinate: Niedermoschel: Gunther Keller wins. June 16, 2019, accessed August 28, 2019 .