|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Goellheim|
|Height :||236 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||6.94 km 2|
|Residents:||1166 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||168 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||67308|
|Area code :||06355|
|License plate :||KIB, ROK|
|Community key :||07 3 33 501|
|LOCODE :||DE ZZL|
|Community structure:||3 districts|
|Association administration address:||
|Local Mayor :||Christian Lauer|
|Location of the municipality of Zellertal in the Donnersbergkreis|
The wine-growing community of Zellertal, which consists of three districts, is located in the Zellertal valley of the same name between Kaiserslautern and Worms, north of the Palatinate Forest Nature Park and south of the North Palatinate Uplands . It occupies the extreme east of the Donnersbergkreis.
Streams and elevations
The largest district Harxheim extends in the valley floodplain at the mouth of the Ammelbach , which flows from the right into the Pfrimm , and south up the north slope of the Kahlenberg , Zell stretches north of it on the south-facing slope of the Osterberg , and Niefernheim lies to the east of which in the valley to the left of the Pfrimm and on the southern slope of the same mountain.
The local community of Zellertal includes three wine-growing villages as districts :
- Harxheim with the associated residential areas Bannmühle, Jüngstmühle and Pfalzmühle
- Niefernheim with the Lauer house and the Reitzenmühle
- Zell with the monastery courtyard
Despite its location in the north of the Palatinate , the Zellertal has a milder climate than the rest of the Donnersbergkreis. It benefits from the fact that it is bordered to the north by a mountain range that prevents or at least mitigates cold air ingress. The orientation of the valley from west to east also guarantees many hours of sunshine per day.
The names of the sub-community Zell and the entire valley go back to the “cell” ( lat. Cellula ) of the local saint Philipp von Zell , who died there in 756 and to whom the Catholic parish church is also consecrated . Every year the Philipps Festival is celebrated in his honor in May; In 2006 the 1250th anniversary of death was commemorated with a large memorial service.
The local community Zellertal was formed on December 31, 1975 from the previously independent communities Harxheim (at that time 714 inhabitants), Niefernheim (188 inhabitants) and Zell (228 inhabitants). The assignment to Göllheim, which was created at the time, remained in place in 1972.
The development of the population of Zellertal in relation to today's municipal area; the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The municipality council in Zellertal consists of 16 council members, who were elected in the local elections on May 26, 2019 in a personalized proportional representation, and the honorary local mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
- FWZ = Free Voters Group Zellertal e. V.
The local mayor is Christian Lauer. At the constituent meeting of the municipal council in August 2019, he was elected by a majority, succeeding Raimund Osterroth, who was no longer running.
coat of arms
|Blazon : “Above a shield base split by gold and black, split by blue and silver; on the right St. Philip of Zell in golden regalia with a blue rochette and the abbot's insignia miter, crook and book, on the left a blue grape on a green branch of the vine. "|
Culture and sights
The most famous historical buildings are the former collegiate monastery in Zell , whose roots go back to the 10th century, the Catholic parish church of St. Philipp , a baroque hall building from the 18th century, and the Zellertal war memorial , a monumental building from 1928.
The Philipps Festival in honor of the local saint is celebrated annually on the Sunday after May 3rd, the Park Festival in the Zell district on the fourth weekend in July.
Economy and Infrastructure
The community belongs to the northwestern part of the Palatinate wine-growing region . The planted vineyards measure about 100 hectares. The most famous wine location is called Zeller Schwarzer Herrgott .
Federal road 47 (Kaiserslautern – Worms) runs through the southern district of Harxheim from west to east . The Zellertal Wine Trail , which runs through the vineyards, touches all three districts .
The single-track line of the Zellertal Railway ( Langmeil - Monsheim ) runs parallel to the B 47 . For the municipality of Zellertal, the stop is in Harxheim. The public transport was set in the 1980s, but excursion traffic has been held since 2001 on Sundays and public holidays in a two-hour rhythm instead.
Born in Zellertal
- Erhard Cellius (1546–1606), historian and publisher
- Carl Ludwig Golsen (1807–1872), politician
- Jean Janson (1823–1895), politician (NLP)
- Wilhelm Schäfer (1881–1968), educator
- Gustav Herzog (* 1958), politician (SPD)
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2018 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 90 (PDF; 2.2 MB).
- Official municipality directory 2006 ( Memento from December 22, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) (= State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate [Hrsg.]: Statistical volumes . Volume 393 ). Bad Ems March 2006, p. 202 (PDF; 2.6 MB). Info: An up-to-date directory ( 2016 ) is available, but in the section "Territorial changes - Territorial administrative reform" it does not give any population figures.
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data.
- The Regional Returning Officer RLP: City Council Election 2019 Zellertal. Accessed August 31, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal elections 2014, city and municipal council elections.
- The Rhine Palatinate: Zellertal: Christian Lauer is the new local mayor. August 19, 2019, accessed August 31, 2019 .