|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Administrative region :||Upper Bavaria|
|County :||Bad Toelz-Wolfratshausen|
|Height :||606 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||24.59 km 2|
|Residents:||25,438 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||1034 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||82538|
|Area code :||08171|
|License plate :||TÖL, WOR|
|Community key :||09 1 73 126|
|City structure:||7 parts of the community|
City administration address :
|Mayor :||Michael Müller ( CSU )|
|Location of the city of Geretsried in the Bad Tölz-Wolfratshausen district|
Geretsried is the youngest town (since June 1970) in the Upper Bavarian district of Bad Tölz-Wolfratshausen . The place was first mentioned in a document in 1083. Geretsried is also part of the Munich metropolitan region and, with around 25,000 inhabitants, the largest city in the district.
The urban area lies between the Loisach and Isar rivers and borders directly to the north with the neighboring town of Wolfratshausen . This results in a common economic area with over 40,000 inhabitants or a common medium-sized center in the Oberland planning region .
The urban area consists of the seven officially named municipal parts Buchberg , Einöde , Gartenberg (approx. 11,900 inh.), Gelting (approx. 1,800 inh.), Geretsried (approx. 7800 in.), Schwaigwall and Ziegelei . Other places are Stein (approx. 2500 inh.) And the smaller settlements of Breitenbach, Breitenmoos and Inselhof.
In summary, in the second half of the 20th century, a double Schwaige became a city:
- "Gerratesried" was first mentioned in a document in 1083 and consisted of farms and the Nikolauskapelle until the 19th century . Later the settlement was also called "Geroldsried" or Geroltzried. The place name Geretsried has been used since 1736.
- On the site of the settlement Schwaig Wall of was from 1820 until the time of the First World War a Remonte -Vorwerk the Bavarian cavalry, here horses were used for the military and police.
- In the area of today's city there were two large explosives factories during the Second World War , one each of Deutsche Sprengchemie (subsidiary of WASAG ) and Verwertchemie (subsidiary of Dynamit AG ), which were located in the area of today's districts of Stein and Gartenberg. Some of the administrative buildings and warehouses were converted into residential buildings after the end of the war and can still be found today across the city. In the course of the war, an increasing number of forced laborers were used in the factories . Sometimes had to do life-threatening work with chemical substances. The prisoners came mainly from the surrounding "Lager Buchberg", "Lager Stein" and " Lager Föhrenwald ". Until 1955, a grave with seven concentration camp prisoners (who were later transferred to the Dachau forest cemetery) on Richard-Wagner-Strasse at the entrance to the Stein district reminded of this past. In May 1945 the well camouflaged and spacious factories in the Wolfratshausen state forest were occupied by the American army.
- In the course of 1946, the first expellees arrived in Geretsried and were housed in the Buchberg and Stein barracks and in today's town hall, which was then the administration of the ammunition factories.
- On April 1, 1950, the Geretsried community was re-formed from parts of the Ergertshausen, Gelting, Königsdorf and Osterhofen communities.
- Due to the steady growth of the population and the development of local industrial companies, the municipality of Geretsried was elevated to a town on June 27, 1970.
Gelting was incorporated into the city of Geretsried on May 1, 1978 as part of the municipal reform.
Between 1988 and 2018, the city grew from 21,081 to 25,275 by 4,194 inhabitants or 19.9%.
|Party / list||CSU||FW||GREEN||SPD||GL||FDP||total|
|Seats||12 (- 1)||5 (- 2)||5 (+ 2)||4 (- 2)||3 (+ 3)||1 (± 0)||30th|
|Share of votes||41.1%||17.3%||17.0%||11.9%||8.8%||3.8%||99.9%|
Michael Müller (CSU) has been First Mayor since May 1, 2014. He was re-elected from three competitors on March 15, 2020 with 62.15% of the votes. His deputies are Hans Hopfner (SPD) and Gerhard Meinl (CSU).
coat of arms
|Blazon : “In silver, a blue diagonal wave bar; a blue gear wheel above, a green fir tree below. "|
- France : A town partnership with the town of Chamalières in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region has existed since 1983. This is maintained through mutual visits by families, associations and schools.
- Hungary , Austria : City friendships were made as part of the 40th anniversary of the city of Geretsried with the communities of Pusztavàm in Hungary and Nickelsdorf in the Austrian Burgenland .
- Norway : There are also friendly relations between the Norwegian city of Eidsvoll and Geretsried.
Since Geretsried was raised to the rank of town in 1970, it has been linked to Amberg through a town sponsorship .
Geretsried is located between two main roads running in north-south direction, which are connected to each other in the city by a state road ( ST 2369: Tattenkofer Straße - Tattenkofener Isarbrücke ):
- State road ST 2072 from Munich or Grünwald to Bad Tölz .
- Federal road 11 from Munich, Wolfratshausen to Krün and further on the B 2 - Mittenwald / Scharnitz - to Innsbruck .
Geretsried can be reached via the motorway as follows:
- A 95 ( Munich / Garmisch-Partenkirchen ), exit 6 ( Wolfratshausen / Geretsried / Münsing ) and about eight kilometers via the B 11a / B 11 .
- A 8 ( Munich / Salzburg ), exit 96 (Hofoldinger Forst / Sauerlach ) via Wolfratshausen (approx. 25 km).
There is a private railway line to Wolfratshausen (owned by the city of Geretsried) that is exclusively reserved for goods transport.
Geretsried belongs to the Munich transport and tariff association and, because there is no direct train connection, is supplied with appropriate bus connections from the Wolfratshausen train station . Other important regional bus routes run across the city and the neighboring municipality of Königsdorf to the south to Bad Tölz , Bad Heilbrunn and Penzberg .
A direct connection to the Munich S-Bahn network is being planned. Construction is not expected to start before 2024. To this end, the S7 from Wolfratshausen (previous terminus) is to be extended into the city via a new route to be built. According to current planning, the costs for the 9.3 km long, predominantly single-track route are around 150 million euros.
In Gelting there are bases of various logistics companies , u. a. GLS, DPD , DHL and Hermes . Tyczka Totalgaz , Deckel Maho Gildemeister , Byk Gardner , Rudolf Chemie , Pulcra Chemicals, Unicomp and Gämmerler are the largest employers in the city. The Geretsrieder Wurstfabrik Sieber, once a royal Bavarian purveyor to the court, recently achieved sales of 25 million euros, but had to stop production in 2016 after the discovery of Listeria , recall it and then file for bankruptcy.
- Juice shop youth center
- Youth club Ein-Stein
- Mobile youth work Geretsried
- Geretsried city library
- Geretsried City Museum
- Geretsried indoor swimming pool
- Geretsried ice rink
- Geretsried volunteer fire department
- Gelting volunteer fire department
- Franz-Marc-Schule, special educational support center (Robert-Schumann-Weg)
- Free Waldorf School Isartal (Malvenweg)
- Elementary school on Isardamm
- Karl-Lederer-Primary School (Johann-Sebastian-Bach-Straße)
- Geretsried Middle School: Karl-Lederer-Haus (Johann-Sebastian-Bach-Strasse), Adalbert-Stifter-Haus (Adalbert-Stifter-Strasse)
- Realschule , grammar school and music school (in the school center on Adalbert-Stifter-Straße)
- State Fire Brigade School Geretsried
- Federal Agency for Technical Relief , Geretsried local association
- Education center of the Federal Office for Family and Civil Society Tasks. The civil service school in Geretsried, which used to be located there, was closed in 2011 because compulsory military service was abolished.
Numerous sports clubs are active in Geretsried. The TuS Geretsried (Gymnastics and Sports Club Geretsried) is the largest club in the city with around 2,200 members. It is divided into eleven departments, which in addition to many ball sports and athletics also include badminton , health sports , competitive gymnastics and chess . The ice hockey club ESC Riverrats Geretsried was founded in 2006 and emerged from the ice hockey division that was previously integrated into TuS Geretsried. The SV Gelting 1966 e. V. is the second largest sports club in Geretsried. Its approximately 500 members also practice ball sports and gymnastics as well as gymnastics and archery . Furthermore, Edelweiß e. V. Boxing and kickboxing , offered by the WSV 72 (water sports club 72) and DLRG swimming clubs and by the FFG (football friends Geretsried), the TuS Geretsried, the Fc (football club) Geretsried and, since last year, the ASC Geretsried football.
Culture and sights
The Nikolauskapelle , located on Bundesstrasse 11, is the oldest building in the city.
Path of history
The path of history is a path through Geretsried, which describes the history of the city with metal plates. The pictures on the boards show houses and bunkers as they looked around 1945–1950, when the area between Wolfratshausen and Bad Tölz was still called the Wolfratshauser Forest.
The local museum of local history was previously located in the attic of the town hall. Since October 2013 the local history museum has been located on Graslitzer Straße in its own premises. Souvenirs from the Sudetenland, Hungary, Transylvania and Silesia are shown here.
Isartalsternwarte e. V.
The Isartalsternwarte e. V. was founded in 1976 as the people's and school observatory Geretsried e. V. founded and operated an observatory in the school center on Adalbert-Stifter-Straße, which was also open to the public on observation days. Today the association operates the newly built “Rothmühle” observatory near the Hochland youth settlement near Königsdorf. This observatory houses a 60 cm reflector telescope.
Also worth mentioning is one of the last European wild river landscapes, which is located in Geretsried. To the east of the municipality, the Isar meanders freely and wildly through the terminal moraine gravel, as it did in primeval times. The area belongs to the nature reserve "Isarauen between Bad Tölz and Schäftlarn", which has existed since 1986. It also houses another protection zone for species of birds that have become rare - the so-called bird island.
The internet radio BATSCH FM from Geretsried has been broadcasting since August 1st, 2016 . It is a department of the Citizens' Network Isar-Loisach eV
- Benedikt Jahnel (* 1980), jazz musician and mathematician
- Karl Kugler (1894–1959), Rector of the Gartenberger Elementary School, founder and choir director of the Geretsried choir association. V. , brother of Josef Kugler
- Edmund Nick (1891–1974), composer, conductor and music writer
- Mathias Renz (* 1969), entrepreneur, business journalist and PR consultant
- Benny Schäfer (* 1980), jazz musician
- Heinz Schneider (1921–2003), 1st Mayor from 1968 to 1986
- Wilhelm Srb-Schloßbauer (1890–1972), sculptor
- Titus Vollmer (* 1969), film composer
- Kevin Zaremba (* 1987), German hands up DJ and music producer
- Lennart Felix (* 1993), German pianist and author
- City of Geretsried: Geretsried - A Doppelschwwaige becomes a city. 1999.
- City of Geretsried: Chronicle of our homeland - Gelting - From the rural village to the modern district. 2008.
- Claudia Goetz: The archive pictures series - Geretsried. 2003, ISBN 3-89702-636-8 .
- "Data 2" sheet, Statistical Report A1200C 202041 Population of the municipalities, districts and administrative districts 1st quarter 2020 (population based on the 2011 census) ( help ).
- City of Geretsried in the local database of the Bavarian State Library Online . Bavarian State Library, accessed on December 24, 2017.
- History of the City of Geretsried ( Memento of the original from December 30, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Memorial for the victims of National Socialism. A documentation, volume 1. Federal Agency for Civic Education, Bonn 1995, ISBN 3-89331-208-0 , p. 142
- Wilhelm Volkert (ed.): Handbook of Bavarian offices, communities and courts 1799–1980 . CH Beck, Munich 1983, ISBN 3-406-09669-7 , p. 595 .
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27, 1970 to December 31, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart / Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 568 .
- Geretsried, election of the city council on March 15, 2020
- Michael Müller - First Mayor. Geretsried community, accessed on July 18, 2020 .
- Entry on the Geretsried coat of arms in the database of the House of Bavarian History
- Erich Valentin : Handbuch der Musikinstrumentenkunde. Gustav Bosse, Regensburg 1954, p. 455 ff. ( Instrument maker ).
- Archived copy ( memento of the original dated August 29, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Isartalsternwarte e. V.