|region||Pays de la Loire|
|Community association||Pays de Mortagne|
|surface||15.79 km 2|
|Residents||3,617 (January 1, 2017)|
|Population density||229 inhabitants / km 2|
The municipality is located around 60 kilometers southeast of Nantes on the border with the neighboring Deux-Sèvres department of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region . The capital of the municipality is crossed by the Sèvre Nantaise river. Neighboring communities are:
- Mauléon in the northeast and east (Dép. Deux-Sèvres),
- Treize-Vents in the southeast,
- Saint-Malô-du-Bois in the south,
- Chanverrie in the west and
- Mortagne-sur-Sèvre in the north-west.
The connection with the northern and southern neighboring communities is established via the D752 département road. The national road N149 , which leads from Mortagne-sur-Sèvre to Bressuire , runs from northwest to southeast . In the far west, the municipality is touched by the A87 motorway . In addition, the train line Train de Fer de la Vendée , which is now only used for tourism, runs through the municipality, which has a hamlet called "La Gare de Saint-Laurent".
- Le Patrimoine des Communes de la Vendée. Flohic Editions, Volume 1, Paris 2001, ISBN 2-84234-118-X , pp. 579-591.