|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Eifel district Bitburg-Prüm|
|Association municipality :||Bitburger Land|
|Height :||315 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||2.19 km 2|
|Residents:||288 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||132 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||54636|
|Area code :||06562|
|License plate :||BIT, PRÜ|
|Community key :||07 2 32 126|
|Association administration address:||Hubert-Prim-Strasse 7
|Local Mayor :||Wilfried Haller|
|Location of the local community Trimport in the Eifelkreis Bitburg-Prüm|
Grave finds and remains of settlements suggest that the area was settled in Roman times . The village in the Prümer Urbar was first mentioned in a document in 893 as Trimparden . Trimport was a fiefdom of the Counts of Vianden until the 15th century . The place was later under Luxembourg sovereignty. After the French annexation in 1794/95, Trimport came to Mairie Meckel , the later mayor of Meckel under Prussian rule. In the later 19th century, the mayor's office was initially merged with Idenheim and then with the Bitburg-Land mayor's office. Since 1970 Trimport has belonged to the then newly formed Verbandsgemeinde Bitburg-Land and from July 1, 2014 to the Verbandsgemeinde Bitburger Land .
- Statistics on population development
The development of the population of Trimport, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
coat of arms
The shield, divided by silver and blue, indicates that it belongs to the Duchy of Luxembourg. As a reference to the church patron saint, St. Catherine, the wagon wheel is shown in red, while the red label indicates the Count of Vianden. The flagstick with a continuous red cross in a silver flag carries the colors of the Prüm Abbey and indicates that it belongs to this imperial abbey.
- The Church of St. Katharina , a hall built in 1788, stands in place of a previous chapel mentioned in 1569.
See also: List of Cultural Monuments in Trimport
- Local municipality Trimport on the website of the Verbandsgemeinde Bitburger Land
- To search for cultural assets of the local community Trimport in the database of cultural assets in the Trier region .
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2019 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 109 (PDF; 3 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate: Regional data.
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- Homepage of the DJK Eintracht DIST