|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Eifel district Bitburg-Prüm|
|Association municipality :||Bitburger Land|
|Height :||314 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||2.35 km 2|
|Residents:||119 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||51 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||54655|
|Area code :||06563|
|License plate :||BIT, PRÜ|
|Community key :||07 2 32 331|
|Association administration address:||Hubert-Prim-Strasse 7
|Local Mayor :||Jörg Niederprüm|
|Location of the local community of Zendscheid in the Eifelkreis Bitburg-Prüm|
The place was first mentioned in 1036 as "Cinsceith" (according to other sources "Einsceith").
Until the end of the 18th century, the place belonged to the office of Kyllburg in the Electorate of Trier . After taking possession of the Left Bank of the Rhine (1794) and taking over the French administrative structures (1798), Zendscheid belonged to Mairie Mürlenbach in the canton of Kyllburg , which administratively belonged to the arrondissement of Prüm in the Saardepartement .
Due to the resolutions at the Congress of Vienna , the region came to the Kingdom of Prussia in 1815 . Under the Prussian administration, Zendscheid belonged to the Mürlenbach mayor in the Bitburg district, newly established in 1816, in the Trier administrative district .
- Population development
The development of the population of Zendscheid, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
coat of arms
|Blazon : "From silver to red divided by three flat tips, above two green beech leaves, below a silver lily."|
|line||designation||Line course||Clock frequency|
Cologne Fair / Deutz - Cologne - Euskirchen - Jünkerath - Gerolstein - Usch-Zendscheid - Bitburg-Erdorf - Ehrang - Trier
(Cologne Fair / Deutz - Gerolstein as )
(in the HVZ amplifier Gerolstein – Trier)
- Local community Zendscheid on the website of the Verbandsgemeinde Bitburger Land
- To search for cultural assets of the local community of Zendscheid in the database of cultural assets in the Trier region .
- Literature about Zendscheid in the Rhineland-Palatinate state bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate: Regional data.
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2019 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 110 (PDF; 3 MB).
- Georg Bärsch : Description of the government district of Trier: according to official sources ... Volume 2, Lintz, 1846, p. 69 ( Google Books ).
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- Query of course book route 474 at Deutsche Bahn. Retrieved May 23, 2019.