|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Rhein-Hunsrück district|
|Association municipality :||Kastellaun|
|Height :||360 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||6.63 km 2|
|Residents:||291 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||44 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||56288|
|Area code :||06762|
|License plate :||SIM, GOA|
|Community key :||07 1 40 504|
|Community structure:||2 districts|
|Association administration address:||Kirchstrasse 1
|Local Mayor :||Markus von Ostrowski|
|Location of the local community Zilshausen in the Rhein-Hunsrück district|
The place emerged from an estate that was mentioned in a document as Zullinshausen in 1346 . Zilshausen was " three-man ", d. H. its territory was shared by three sovereigns, including the elector of Trier and the lords of Braunshorn -Metternich-Beilstein. The rule expired in 1794/96 with the occupation by the French revolutionary army . In 1815 the place was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia at the Congress of Vienna . Since 1946 it has been part of the then newly formed state of Rhineland-Palatinate .
- Statistics on population development
The development of the population of the community of Zilshausen, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The local mayor is Markus von Ostrowski. In the local elections on May 26, 2019, no candidate ran; he was elected by the local council on July 4, 2019 and is the successor to Robert Etges.
coat of arms
|Blazon : "A silver shield head , inside a continuous red cross covered with a golden lily , split in gold and green, in front a black burial mound with a black urn , behind a golden sheaf of wheat ."|
In 2017, a 400-meter-long marble run parallel to a forest path was built in-house and opened on August 27th. The starting point is at the grill hut west of the village. According to its own information, it is the longest marble run in Rhineland-Palatinate, according to other sources in all of Germany.
The Hunsrück-Moselle cycle path runs through the village.
The Traumschleife 99 “Dünnbachpfad” of the Saar-Hunsrück-Steige leads through the village .
- Website of the local community Zilshausen
- Literature about Zilshausen in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The regional returning officer RLP: City council election 2019 Zilshausen. Retrieved October 7, 2019 .
- The regional returning officer RLP: direct elections 2019. see Kastellaun, Verbandsgemeinde, last line of results. Retrieved October 7, 2019 .
- Official Journal Kastellaun: From the constituent meeting of the Zilshausen local council on July 4th, 2019. Edition 28/2019. Retrieved October 7, 2019 .
- website , accessed May 27, 2019
- detailed construction report , accessed on May 27, 2019