|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Rhein-Hunsrück district|
|Association municipality :||Kastellaun|
|Height :||450 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||2.27 km 2|
|Residents:||305 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||134 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||56288|
|Area code :||06762|
|License plate :||SIM, GOA|
|Community key :||07 1 40 055|
|Community structure:||3 districts|
|Association administration address:||Kirchstrasse 1
|Local Mayor :||Rainer Scherer|
|Location of the local community Hollnich in the Rhein-Hunsrück district|
The community consists of the districts Hollnich, Gammelshausen and Rothenbusch.
Hollnich belonged to the County of Katzenelnbogen in the Middle Ages . The Counts of Sponheim had income from the place. With the occupation of the Left Bank of the Rhine in 1794 by French revolutionary troops , the place became French, in 1815 it was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia at the Congress of Vienna . Since 1946 the place has been part of the state of Rhineland-Palatinate .
The local council in Hollnich consists of six council members who were elected in the local elections on May 26, 2019 in a majority vote, and the honorary local mayor as chairman. Until 2014, the council had eight councilors.
The local mayor is Rainer Scherer. In the local elections on May 26, 2019, no candidate ran, he was elected by the local council on August 12, 2019 and is the successor to Hans Peter Christ.
coat of arms
|Blazon : “In gold (yellow) an inclined left bar in two rows of red and silver (white); growing above a blue crowned red lion looking out and below a five-leaved rooted red bush. "|
|Justification of the coat of arms: The coat of arms was approved on October 31, 1990 by the Koblenz district government . It represents the three districts; the lion comes from the coat of arms of the Counts von Katzenelnbogen , who ruled over the core town of Hollnich from the 15th to the 18th century. The chess bar stands for the district of Gammelshausen and reminds us that the Counts of Sponheim ruled over Kastellaun , to which the place belonged as a parish . The bush is talking for the first 1,969 incurred district Rothenbusch.|
- Local community Hollnich on the website of the association community Kastellaun
- Private page about Hollnich
- Literature about Hollnich in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- The Regional Returning Officer RLP: City Council Election 2019 Hollnich. Retrieved October 6, 2019 .
- The Regional Returning Officer RLP: direct elections 2019. see Kastellaun, Verbandsgemeinde, 24th line of results. Retrieved October 6, 2019 .
- Official Journal Kastellaun: From the constituent meeting of the Hollnich local council on August 12, 2019. Edition 34/2019. Retrieved October 6, 2019 .