|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Rhein-Hunsrück district|
|Association municipality :||Kirchberg (Hunsrück)|
|Height :||446 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||4.83 km 2|
|Residents:||468 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||97 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||55483|
|Area code :||06543|
|License plate :||SIM, GOA|
|Community key :||07 1 40 006|
|Association administration address:||Marktplatz 5
55481 Kirchberg (Hunsrück)
|Local Mayor :||Thomas Müller|
|Location of the local community Bärenbach in the Rhein-Hunsrück district|
The geographical center of Rhineland-Palatinate is in Bärenbach.
The first written mention of Bärenbach comes from the year 1103. From 1234 to 1437 the place was owned by the Counts of Sponheim . In the centuries that followed, ownership changed several times between the Margraves of Baden , the Count Palatine near Rhine and the Counts of Veldenz .
With the occupation of the Left Bank of the Rhine in 1794 by French revolutionary troops , the place became French , from 1798 to 1814 it belonged to the canton of Kirchberg , which was assigned to the Rhine-Moselle department . At the Congress of Vienna (1815) the region was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia . Under the Prussian administration, Bärenbach was subordinate to the Mayor's office in Sohren in the Zell district from 1816 and belonged to the Rhine Province from 1822 until the end of World War II . Since 1946 the place has been part of the then newly formed state of Rhineland-Palatinate and has belonged to the Kirchberg community since 1970 .
- Statistics on population development
The development of the population of the municipality of Bärenbach, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Local mayor of Bärenbach is Thomas Müller. In the local elections on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in office with a share of 70.42% of the vote.
coat of arms
|Blazon : “Divided by a sloping blue wavy bar. Above in silver a soaring, left-turned, red-armored and red-tongued black bear. Below is a box of gold and blue. "|
|Justification of the coat of arms: The bear and the wavy strip, which symbolizes the bear stream, refer to the place name as a Redendes coat of arms . The nested part of the shield indicates that it belonged to the Vordere Grafschaft Sponheim earlier .|
- Information about Bärenbach at the Kirchberg Association
- Literature about Bärenbach in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- Geographical center of Rhineland-Palatinate
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Returning Officer RLP: City Council Election 2019 Bärenbach. Retrieved October 8, 2019 .
- The regional returning officer RLP: direct elections 2019. see Kirchberg, Verbandsgemeinde, first line of results. Retrieved October 8, 2019 .