|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Rhein-Hunsrück district|
|Association municipality :||Simmern-Rheinböllen|
|Height :||440 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||4.34 km 2|
|Residents:||185 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||43 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||55494|
|Primaries :||06761, 06766|
|License plate :||SIM, GOA|
|Community key :||07 1 40 158|
|Association administration address:||Brühlstrasse 2
55469 Simmern / Hunsrück
|Local Mayor :||Volker Mayer|
|Location of the local community Wahlbach (Hunsrück) in the Rhein-Hunsrück district|
Wahlbach is a municipality in the Rhein-Hunsrück district in Rhineland-Palatinate . It belongs to the Simmern-Rheinböllen community . The community has about 160 inhabitants and has a total area of 434 hectares, of which 172 hectares are forest.
The municipal area extends over several hills and is on average Rheinböllen and the federal highway 61 . To the south it is about 2 km to Argenthal and to Simmern in the west a good 4 km. In the north of Wahlbach are the communities Benzweiler , Ray Various and Pleizenhausen .. Wahlbach is about 4 km west of
The Hoffmannsmühle and Wendelinushof residential areas also belong to Wahlbach .
Burial mound finds indicate an early settlement. The first secure documentary mention of the village took place in 1158. Already in 1135 the noble Embricho von Wahlbach was mentioned in a document. This document is a forgery by Georg Friedrich Schott . A noble noble family, which died out shortly after 1258, named itself after the place . It is possible that the remains of a moth near Mörschbach are their ancestral castle.
Later the place belonged to the Palatine "new court", which was added to the new Duchy of Palatinate-Simmern-Zweibrücken in 1410 . The duchy introduced the Reformation in 1556 . In 1673 the place came back to the Electoral Palatinate and became part of France with the occupation of the Left Bank of the Rhine in 1794 by French revolutionary troops . In 1815 he was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia at the Congress of Vienna . After the First World War, the place was temporarily occupied by the French . Since 1946 the place has been part of the then newly formed state of Rhineland-Palatinate .
- Statistics on population development
The development of the population of the municipality of Wahlbach, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Local mayor is Volker Mayer. In the local elections on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in his office with a vote of 76.58%.
The parish hall in the former school is on the outskirts of the village. The bell tower is in the upper village. There the two district roads 50 and 52 intersect.
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2018 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 40 (PDF; 2.2 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Returning Officer RLP: City Council Election 2019 Wahlbach. Retrieved October 5, 2019 .
- The Regional Returning Officer RLP: direct elections 2019. see Simmern-Rheinböllen, Verbandsgemeinde, penultimate line of results. Retrieved October 5, 2019 .