|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Rhein-Hunsrück district|
|Association municipality :||Kastellaun|
|Height :||460 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||3.51 km 2|
|Residents:||144 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||41 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||56288|
|Area code :||06762|
|License plate :||SIM, GOA|
|Community key :||07 1 40 147|
|Association administration address:||Kirchstrasse 1
|Local Mayor :||Volker Boos|
|Location of the local community Spesenroth in the Rhein-Hunsrück district|
Spesenroth is centrally located in the Hunsrück . The village is located on a hilltop between the Külzbachtal in the south and the town of Kastellaun in the north . The Spesenroth district covers an area of 3.51 km², of which 0.32 km² is mixed forest.
Spesenroth was first mentioned in a document in 1427 and belonged to the Sponheim office of Kastellaun . With the occupation of the left bank of the Rhine in 1794 by French revolutionary troops , the place became French, in 1815 it was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia at the Congress of Vienna . After the First World War temporarily occupied by the French, the place has been part of the then newly formed state of Rhineland-Palatinate since 1946.
Local mayor is Volker Boos. No candidate ran in the local elections on May 26, 2019; he was re-elected by the local council on July 2, 2019.
coat of arms
|Blazon : "The shield in gold, divided by a red-silver double-row nested oblique left-hand bar, above a left-facing blue cuckoo, below a three-branched green juniper rice with blue berries."|
|Justification of the coat of arms: The sloping bar indicates that Spesenroth belonged to the Hinteren Grafschaft Sponheim , Amt Kastellaun. The blue cuckoo takes talking with respect to the still used nickname of the villagers. Juniper and juniper berries point to the "juniper beating" and the Krammetsvogel catch on the Spesenrother Heide. For centuries, this heath was an object of contention among the municipalities of Kastellaun , Alterkülz and Spesenroth. Today it is largely part of the Spesenroth district.|
- Spesenroth in the SWR television program Hierzuland
- Literature about Spesenroth in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- The Regional Returning Officer RLP: City Council Election 2019 Spesenroth. Retrieved October 7, 2019 .
- The Regional Returning Officer RLP: direct elections 2019. see Kastellaun, Verbandsgemeinde, 29th line of results. Retrieved October 7, 2019 .
- Official Journal Kastellaun: From the constituent meeting of the Spesenroth local council on July 2nd, 2019. Edition 28/2019. Retrieved October 7, 2019 .