|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Rhein-Hunsrück district|
|Association municipality :||Hunsrück-Middle Rhine|
|Height :||430 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||18.51 km 2|
|Residents:||347 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||19 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||55430|
|Area code :||06744|
|License plate :||SIM, GOA|
|Community key :||07 1 40 116|
|Association administration address:||Rathausstrasse 6
|Local Mayor :||Kurt Mueller|
|Location of the local community Perscheid in the Rhein-Hunsrück district|
Excavations and grave finds around Perscheid indicate settlements during the Hallstatt period (~ 1500–1200 BC). Finds (coins, foundations, temple fragments) from Roman times indicate a settlement from this time. The place was first mentioned in 1248 as the village of Perrischeit . The Archbishopric of Trier exercised the state sovereignty . After the occupation of the left bank of the Rhine by French revolutionary troops (1794), the place became French and from 1798 to 1814 belonged to the canton of Bacharach in the Rhine-Moselle department . In 1815 the region was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia at the Congress of Vienna . After the First World War temporarily occupied by the French, the place has been part of the then newly formed state of Rhineland-Palatinate since 1946.
Michael Jäckel has been the local mayor of the community since November 14, 2007, and after 18 ½ years replaced Hugo Hübel, who resigned on May 20, 2007. Jäckel was last re-elected in the 2014 local elections with 73 percent of the vote. After the death of Michael Jäckel in spring 2019, Kurt Müller was elected as the new local mayor.
coat of arms
|Blazon : "In silver shields split over red, a red cross in front, behind an aligned silver four-ended stag pole."|
- The Rheinböllen wildlife sanctuary is not far from the village .
- One of the largest nature reserves in Rhineland-Palatinate is adjacent to the southwest of the town. The emerging high moor is home to many rare plant species such as orchids, daphne and arnica. Here you can also find settlement remains from the submerged town of Volkenbach, as well as traces of Roman settlement on the Hellenpütz and Celtic graves. The area around the village is interspersed with the Bacharach slate mine and former copper mines from the north.
- Homepage of the local community Perscheid
- Local community Perscheid on the website of the association community St. Goar-Oberwesel
- Historical information about Perscheid at regionalgeschichte.net
- Literature about Perscheid in the Rhineland-Palatinate state bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections. Retrieved August 20, 2019 .
- The State Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, individual results. Retrieved August 20, 2019 .