|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Rhein-Hunsrück district|
|Association municipality :||Hunsrück-Middle Rhine|
|Height :||371 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||13.45 km 2|
|Residents:||1280 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||95 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||56283|
|Area code :||06745|
|License plate :||SIM, GOA|
|Community key :||07 1 40 043|
|LOCODE :||DE PF3|
|Association administration address:||Rathausstrasse 1
|Local Mayor :||Markus Landsrath|
|Location of the local community Gondershausen in the Rhein-Hunsrück district|
Near Gondershausen people created the rock engravings of Gondershausen more than 20,000 years ago . These show three horses and an as yet undetermined animal and are considered the oldest known drawings in Germany.
The first mention (as Guntereshusen ) took place in a document dated June 13, 897, in which King Zwentibold of the Trier Abbey of St. Maximin confirmed what his father, Emperor Arnulf , had given him. The property was alienated from the Rhineland Count Palatine , who was appointed as the monastery bailiff of the monastery. Later, Gondershausen and the surrounding area are owned by the Lords of Waldeck and Schöneck as a feudal fief of the Palatinate .
After the Left Bank of the Rhine was occupied by French revolutionary troops in 1794 , the town became French, and in 1815 it was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia at the Congress of Vienna . In the years 1820 to 1830 and 1860 to 1870 waves of emigration to America and the Ruhr area followed . Since 1946 the place has been part of the then newly formed state of Rhineland-Palatinate .
The community of Gondershausen was re-formed on April 1, 1969 after the dissolution of the previously independent communities Niedergondershausen (673 inhabitants) and Obergondershausen (465 inhabitants).
The municipal council in Gondershausen consists of 16 council members, who were elected in a personalized proportional representation in the local elections on May 26, 2019 , and the honorary local mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
- WGL = voter group Landsrath
- WGW = Weber voter group
The local mayor is Markus Landsrath. In the local elections on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in his office with a share of 84.65% of the votes.
coat of arms
|Blazon : "In a split shield in front in black a red armored, tongued and crowned golden lion, behind in silver a black bishop's staff topped with a red miter."|
- Internet presence of the local community Gondershausen
- Gondershausen in the SWR television program Hierzuland
- Literature about Gondershausen in the Rhineland-Palatinate state bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- Yvonne Stock: Hunsrück: First rock engravings from the Paleolithic in Germany discovered. spiegel.de, July 5, 2014, accessed on July 3, 2014 .
- Heinrich Beyer : Mittelrheinisches Urkundenbuch , Volume I, Coblenz: Hölscher, 1860, p. 207 ( certificate 142 )
- Official municipality directory 2006 ( Memento from December 22, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) (= State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate [Hrsg.]: Statistical volumes . Volume 393 ). Bad Ems March 2006, p. 177 (PDF; 2.6 MB). Info: An up-to-date directory ( 2016 ) is available, but in the section "Territorial changes - Territorial administrative reform" it does not give any population figures.
- The regional returning officer RLP: City council election 2019 Gondershausen. Retrieved October 6, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal elections 2014, city and municipal council elections
- The Regional Returning Officer RLP: direct elections 2019. see Hunsrück-Mittelrhein, Verbandsgemeinde, eighth line of results. Retrieved October 6, 2019 .