|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Rhein-Hunsrück district|
|Association municipality :||Hunsrück-Middle Rhine|
|Height :||460 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||3.3 km 2|
|Residents:||474 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||144 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||56291|
|Area code :||06746|
|License plate :||SIM, GOA|
|Community key :||07 1 40 110|
|LOCODE :||DE NOA|
|Association administration address:||Rathausstrasse 1
|Local Mayor :||Arno Morschhauser|
|Location of the local community Norath in the Rhein-Hunsrück district|
Norath belonged to the Braunshorn lordship of the Counts of Metternich-Winneburg. With the occupation of the left bank of the Rhine in 1794 by French revolutionary troops , the place became French, in 1815 it was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia at the Congress of Vienna . After the First World War temporarily occupied by the French again , the place has been part of the then newly formed state of Rhineland-Palatinate since 1946.
The local mayor is Arno Morschhäuser. In the local elections on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in his office with a share of the vote of 85.27%.
coat of arms
|Blazon : "Divided by silver over red, above a blue book covered with three golden balls, accompanied at the front diagonally right a black recovery iron, at the back diagonally left a black mallet, below three silver hip horns."|
|Crest Reason: hammer and chisel are an indication of the old mining . The three horns are the coat of arms of the Barons von Braunshorn , to whose fief Norath belonged.|
- Musikverein St. Nikolaus Norath 1958 e. V.
The parish church of St. Nikolaus was built around 1859 as a neo-Gothic quarry stone hall with an exposed wooden beam ceiling. The organ with free pipe prospect , 14 stops and electropneumatic action was built by the organ building company Gerhardt & Söhne from Boppard and hung on the west wall above the gallery. The gaming table is on the gallery. The instrument has the following disposition :
- Coupling : II / I, I / P, II / P
See also: List of cultural monuments in Norath
Economy and Infrastructure
The old Camilla mine, a lead and zinc mine on the old Roman road, was temporarily back in operation and employer in the 19th and 20th centuries. Most recently, exploration work was carried out over several years with just under 40 men. Operations ceased in the early 1960s. Today there are still extensive heaps and pings to be found there.
- Internet presence of the local parish Norath
- Literature about Norath in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- The Regional Returning Officer RLP: Local council election 2019 Norath. Retrieved October 6, 2019 .
- The Regional Returning Officer RLP: direct elections 2019. see Hunsrück-Mittelrhein, Verbandsgemeinde, 23rd line of results. Retrieved October 6, 2019 .
- Tourism Info Hunsrueck-Nahereise. Retrieved September 8, 2019 .