|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Rhein-Hunsrück district|
|Association municipality :||Kirchberg (Hunsrück)|
|Height :||460 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||4.46 km 2|
|Residents:||199 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||45 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||55491|
|Area code :||06543|
|License plate :||SIM, GOA|
|Community key :||07 1 40 159|
|Association administration address:||Marktplatz 5
55481 Kirchberg (Hunsrück)
|Mayoress :||Barbara Mueller|
|Location of the municipality of Wahlenau in the Rhein-Hunsrück district|
An Iron Age group of burial mounds has been found in the community forest. Finds from this are in the Rheinisches Landesmuseum Bonn . Roman shards were found on Ausoniusstrasse , which forms the southern boundary of the district. According to a document from King Albrecht dated October 27, 1301, Count Johann II von Sponheim-Kreuznach owned the Sohrener imperial fief, which also included Wahlenau. With the occupation of the left bank of the Rhine by French revolutionary troops in 1794 , the place became part of France. In 1815 he was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia at the Congress of Vienna . After the First World War, the place was temporarily occupied by the French. Since 1946 the place has been part of the state of Rhineland-Palatinate . In 1961 the Protestant church was built.
Local mayor of Wahlenau is Barbara Müller. In the municipal election on May 26, 2019, she prevailed against the previous incumbent Rolf Müller with a share of 65.71% of the vote.
coat of arms
The community has had a coat of arms since the year 2000 : The curled, lowered blue-gold pinned tip indicates the Counts of Sponheim, front line, who were the sovereigns from 1301 onwards. The black eagle refers to the time when Wahlenau was an imperial estate. The two rings refer to the prehistoric arm rings that were found in a hill in the Zappenheck forest district.
Economy and Infrastructure
Wahlenau is characterized by agriculture and handicraft.
There have been two Vestas wind turbines east of the municipality since 1996 .
- Homepage of the local community Wahlenau
- Literature about Wahlenau in the Rhineland-Palatinate state bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- The Regional Returning Officer RLP: City Council Election 2019 Wahlenau. Retrieved October 8, 2019 .
- Andrea Westermann, Wahlleiterin OG Wahlenau: Announcement of the result of the election of the local mayor in the local community of Wahlenau on May 26th, 2019. Edition 25/2019. Official journal Kastellaun, accessed on October 8, 2019 .