|region||Pays de la Loire|
|Community association||Mayenne Community|
|surface||32.85 km 2|
|Residents||1,803 (January 1, 2017)|
|Population density||55 inhabitants / km 2|
Aron is a French commune with 1,803 inhabitants (as of January 1 2017) in Mayenne in the region Pays de la Loire ; it belongs to the arrondissement Mayenne and the canton Lassay-les-Châteaux (until 2015: canton Mayenne-Est ). The inhabitants are called Aronnais .
Aron is located about 29 kilometers north-northeast of the city center of Laval am Aron . Aron is surrounded by the neighboring communities of Saint-Fraimbault-de-Prières in the north, Champéon in the northeast, Marcillé-la-Ville in the east, Grazay in the east and southeast, Jublains in the south and southeast, Belgeard in the south, La Bazoge-Montpinçon in the south and southwest and Mayenne to the west.
La Rogerie airfield is located in the municipality .
|Source: Cassini and INSEE|
- Saint-Martin Church, built in 1955
- 19th century Chapel of Sainte-Anne
- 11th century donjon, remains of the Aron Castle, with the Les Forges park
- Vital Grandin (1829–1902), Bishop of Saint-Albert, spent his youth in Aron
- Le Patrimoine des Communes de la Mayenne. Flohic Editions, Volume 2, Paris 2002, ISBN 2-84234-135-X , pp. 677-681.