|Historical region :||Transylvania|
|Time zone :||EET ( UTC +2)|
|Area :||97.68 km²|
|Residents :||5,104 (October 20, 2011)|
|Population density :||52 inhabitants per km²|
|Postal code :||547310|
|Telephone code :||(+40) 02 65|
|License plate :||MS|
|Structure and administration (as of 2016)|
|Community type :||local community|
|Structure :||Hodac, Arșița , Bicașu , Dubiștea de Pădure , Mirigioaia , Toaca , Uricea|
|Mayor :||Ioan Farcaș ( PMP )|
|Postal address :||Str. Principală, no. 89
loc. Hodac, jud. Mureș, RO-547310
The municipality of Hodac is located in the western foothills of the Gurghiu Mountains (Munții Gurghiu) east of the Reener Ländchen , in the northeast of the Mureș district. On the Gurghiu, a left tributary of the Mureș (Mieresch) and on the county road (drum județean) DJ 153H, the place Hodac is 15 kilometers east of the city of Reghin (Saxon Rain) and about 50 kilometers northeast of the district capital Târgu Mureș (Neumarkt am Mieresch) removed.
The place Hodac was first mentioned in documents in 1453. An earth wall on the area of the community center could not yet be assigned to an era.
The population of the municipality of Hodac developed as follows:
The highest number of inhabitants has been registered in the area of today's municipality since 1850 and that of Romanians in 1966. The highest number of Magyars was (50) in 1890, that of Romanian Germans in 1900 and that of Roma (201) in 1941.
The main occupation of the population is livestock, agriculture and forestry.
According to its own information, the French municipality of Bressuire has had a partnership with the municipality of Hodac since 1990. The municipality of Hodac does not provide any information on partnerships.
- 2011 census in Romania ( MS Excel ; 1.3 MB)
- Heinz Heltmann, Gustav Servatius (Ed.): Travel Guide Siebenbürgen . Kraft, Würzburg 1993, ISBN 3-8083-2019-2 , p. 517 .
- Institute Of Archeology - Hodac , accessed October 3, 2018 (Romanian).
- Censuses 1850–2002, last updated November 2, 2008 (PDF; 1 MB; Hungarian)
- Municipality of Bressuire: Les villes jumelées. ville-bressuire.fr, accessed on October 3, 2018 (French).
- dorgo: O înfrățire culturală 'cu cântec'! (A cultural partnership 'incorrect'!). amfostacolo.ro, August 14, 2010, accessed October 3, 2018 (Romanian).