|coat of arms||Austria map|
|Political District :||Innsbruck country|
|License plate :||IL|
|Residents :||1,618 (January 1, 2020)|
|Postal code :||6114|
|Area code :||05224|
|Community code :||7 03 22|
|UN / LOCODE||AT COL|
|Address of the
|Mayor :||Klaus Lindner (community list for Kolsass - mayor list)|
Municipal Council : (2010)
|Location of Kolsass in the Innsbruck-Land district|
Kolsass in winter
|Source: Municipal data from Statistics Austria|
Kolsass is a municipality with 1618 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2020) in the Innsbruck-Land district in Tyrol ( Austria ). In 2003 over 10,000 overnight stays were recorded in tourism. The municipality is located in the judicial district of Hall in Tirol .
The community consists of a single village or cadastral community of the same name .
|Fritzens||Terfens ( Schwaz district )|
|Weer ( Schwaz district )|
The parish of the Visitation of Mary in Kolsass was probably founded in pre-Carolingian times, as it was elevated to a mother parish in 788 . The present town has emerged from two old settlements (village with church and village Mühlbach) and in the years 1050-1065 in a traditional note of the Bishopric of Brixen first documentary known as "Quolesaz".
The place name is obviously composed of the two Rhaeto-Romanic ( Ladin ) words Col (hill) and Sass (rock). This could refer to the castle hill of Rettenberg Castle, whose settlement dates back to the Iron Age .
In the course of the reallocation of the Tyrolean administrative districts, Kolsass and the Kolsassberg community became part of the Schwaz district on October 15, 1938, but returned to the Innsbruck-Land district on January 1, 1948.
Culture and sights
- Catholic parish church of the Visitation of the Virgin Mary
The last mayoral elections took place at the same time as the municipal council elections on March 14, 2010. Hansjörg Gartlacher was elected mayor and Christian Modersbacher was elected deputy mayor.
|Political party||be right||proportion of||Seats on the local council|
|Community list for Kolsass - Mayor list - BGM list||593||63.69%||9|
|SPÖ + party-free Kolsass - SPÖ||239||25.67%||3|
|Freedom Independent List Kolsass - FPÖ||99||10.63%||1|
coat of arms
Sons and daughters of the church
- 70322 - Kolsass. Community data, Statistics Austria .
- Kolsass , in the history database ofthe association "fontes historiae - sources of history"
- 4738 Ordinance of the Federal Office for Metrology and Surveying of October 25, 2017 regarding the designation of the cadastral municipality of Kolsass. Official Journal for Surveying, published by BEV - Federal Office for Metrology and Surveying, year 2017, Vienna, December 1, 2017, item 4, p. 14
- Oswald Redlich : The traditional books of the Brixen monastery from the 10th to the 14th century (Acta Tirolensia 1). Innsbruck: Wagner 1886, p. 46, no.118.
- Martin Bitschnau , Hannes Obermair : Tiroler Urkundenbuch, II. Department: The documents on the history of the Inn, Eisack and Pustertal valleys. Volume 2: 1140-1200 . Universitätsverlag Wagner, Innsbruck 2012, ISBN 978-3-7030-0485-8 , p. 195, no.637 .
- tyrol our country