|coat of arms||Austria map|
|Political District :||Innsbruck country|
|License plate :||IL|
|Coordinates :||47 ° 18 ' N , 11 ° 30' E|
|Height :||632 m above sea level A.|
|Residents :||7,311 (January 1, 2020)|
|Postal code :||6067|
|Area code :||05223|
|Community code :||7 03 01|
|UN / LOCODE||AT ABS|
|Address of the
|Mayor :||Arno Guggenbichler (Mayor Arno Guggenbichler and team - SPÖ and non-party)|
Municipal Council : ( 2016 )
|Location of Absam in the Innsbruck-Land district|
Absam from the west
|Source: Municipal data from Statistics Austria|
Absam is an Austrian municipality in Tyrol with 7,311 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2020). The municipality is located in the judicial district of Hall in Tirol . Absam is a place of pilgrimage on the Way of St. James , whose pilgrimage church was elevated to a minor basilica in 2000 .
Absam is located on the edge of the Karwendel Mountains near the medieval town of Hall in Tirol and the state capital Innsbruck at an altitude of 632 m above sea level. A. The highest point in the community is the 2725 m high Großer Bettelwurf . Absam is one of the MARTHA villages .
The municipality Absam consists of the only cadastral municipality and village Absam, districts are Absam Dorf and Eichat.
|Thaur||Gnadenwald , Baumkirchen|
|Hall in Tirol||Mils , Fritzens|
In the period from 995 to 1005 the place for the first time in the tradition of books of the Bishopric of Brixen known as "Abazânes" or "Abazanes". Industrialization began early in the Absamer area, particularly due to salt mining in the Hall valley .
The last mayoral elections took place at the same time as the municipal council elections on February 28, 2016.
Arno Guggenbichler was re-elected mayor.
|Political party||percent||be right||Seats on the
|Mayor Arno Guggenbichler and team -
SPÖ and party-independent
|We Absamer Tyrolean People's Party||17.49%||719||4th|
|ZukA Future Absam - Team GR Philipp Gaugl - ZUKA||15.79%||649||3||A.|
|The Greens Absam - GREENS||7.76%||319||1|
|Freedom Party Absam / Eichat - FPÖ||7.03%||289||1|
coat of arms
The municipal coat of arms, awarded in 1965, shows a violin and the miraculous image of the basilica. The instrument is reminiscent of one of the most famous sons of the community, the violin maker Jakob Stainer , the image of grace refers to the apparition of Mary from 1797, which made Absam one of the most important pilgrimage sites in Tyrol.
Culture and sights
- Melans Castle
- Krippach Castle
- Basilica of St. Michael : On June 24, 2000, the St. Michael consecrated church to basilica raised. On the right side altar is the miraculous image of Our Lady , which has been venerated since June 24, 1797 . Many votive tablets in the basilica testify that prayer requests have been answered. Absam is a place of pilgrimage to Mary because of the miraculous image, which is why the basilica is often called Marienbasilika, although the basilica itself is not dedicated to the patronage of the Mother of God.
- Parish Church Absam-Eichat
- Former monastery Sankt Magdalena in Halltal
- Old forge Absam
- Absam ski jumps
- Winter sports possibilities: toboggan run, ski jump and cross-country skiing trails
- Hiking trail from Absam into Halltal , where the former St. Magdalena monastery and relics of salt mining are located.
- The Andreas Hofer barracks of the Austrian Armed Forces is located in Absam .
- Absam is the location of the security academy's education center in Tyrol
- Absam is the plot of the film Der Goldene Nazivampir von Absam 2 - The Secret of Kottlitz Castle
- The community is a member of the Tyrol Climate Alliance .
- The Absam volunteer fire brigade received second place in the international Conrad Dietrich Magirus Prize in 2014 for its exceptional performance in the forest fire on the Hochmahdkopf in 2014. It was only beaten by the fire brigade from Rio de Janeiro . Third place went to the fire department on the island of Lampedusa .
- Sons and daughters of the church
- Franz Fischler (* 1946), former EU commissioner , politician, minister
- Wolfgang Kattnig (* 1963), triathlete
- Sigmund Kripp (* 1928), social worker
- Johannes Obleitner (1893–1984), sculptor and painter
- Sebastian Ruf (1802–1877), priest, psychologist and local historian
- Walpurga Schindl (1826–1872), writer
- Jakobus Stainer (1619–1683), violin maker
- Max Weiler (1910–2001), painter
- People related to the community
- Josef Feistmantl (1939–2019), luge rider, Olympic champion doubles 1964
- Andreas Linger (* 1981) and Wolfgang Linger (* 1982), luge riders, Olympic champions Turin 2006 and Vancouver 2010
- Karl Obleitner junior (* 1929), sculptor and painter
- Ernst Vettori (* 1964), ski jumper and Olympic champion in 1992
- Official website
- Absam municipality: Official website of the municipality in the Hall-Wattens tourist region
- Absam , in the history database ofthe association "fontes historiae - sources of history"
- ↑ Martin Bitschnau , Hannes Obermair : Tiroler Urkundenbuch, II. Department: The documents on the history of the Inn, Eisack and Pustertal valleys. Vol. 1: Up to the year 1140 . Universitätsverlag Wagner, Innsbruck 2009, ISBN 978-3-7030-0469-8 , p. 138-139, no. 172 .
- ^ Parish Absam . Wahlen.tirol.gv.at. Retrieved May 8, 2016.
- ^ Eduard Widmoser: Tiroler Wappenfibel . Tyrolia-Verlag, Innsbruck 1978, ISBN 3-7022-1324-4 , p. 17 .
- ↑ Award: Second place for the Absam fire brigade on ORF on November 22, 2014, accessed on November 22, 2014