Quirós Town Hall
|coat of arms||Map of Spain|
|Autonomous Community :||Asturias|
|Area :||208.79 km²|
|Residents :||1,158 (Jan 1, 2019)|
|Population density :||5.55 inhabitants / km²|
|Postal code :||33115-33118|
|Municipality number ( INE ):||33053|
|Nearest airport :||Asturias airport|
|Address of the municipal administration:||Carretera General Bárzana, 1, 33117 Quiros, Tel .: +34 985 76 81 60|
|Location of the municipality|
Quirós is a Spanish municipality ( concejo in Asturias, corresponds to the municipio in the rest of Spain) in the autonomous region of Asturias . It borders on Santo Adriano and Morcín to the north, Lena and the province of León to the south, Proaza and Teverga to the west, and Riosa to the east . The main town and seat of the municipal administration is Bárzana .
Numerous finds from the Neolithic Age attest to the early settlement of the community. Dolmens and ramparts near La Cobertoria and the copper mine near Aramo also bear witness to the economic importance of the Neolithic.
During the occupation of Iberia by the Roman Empire , the region around Quiros was also important, as many place names still show. Only the invasion of the Visigoths and the conquest of Spain by the Moors let this region disappear from the visual field of time.
Kingdom of Asturias
During the time of the Kingdom of Asturias , Quiros was subordinated to the Archdiocese of Oviedo by decree of Ordoño I. In the 16th century Quiros was by Philip II in agreement with Pope Gregory XIII. the parish law conferred and thus released from the secular administration of the archdiocese .
coat of arms
- Above: the angel's cross
- lower left: refers to the Alba castle in Quirós
- bottom right: the coat of arms of the Quirós family, an influential family in the Middle Ages
|Agriculture, livestock and fishing||118||47.20|
|* Data from the Statistical Office for Economic Development in Asturias, status 2009 (PDF; 116 kB), SADEI|
|PCE / IU - BA||4th||6th||3||2||2||1||3||2||2||2|
|CD / AP / PP||2||1||1||2||1||2|
|UCD / CDS||4th|
Population development of the municipality
Quiros is divided into 13 parroquias .
- Las Agüeras
A large number of architectural monuments from partly Romanesque times as well as necropolises and ramparts can be found throughout the municipality. Particularly noteworthy is the Ethnographic Museum , which shows an overview of the history and folk art of the community.
- Cifras oficiales de población resultantes de la revisión del Padrón municipal a 1 de enero . Population statistics from the Instituto Nacional de Estadística (population update).
- Election results 2011 Spanish Ministry of the Interior
- Election results 2015 Spanish Ministry of the Interior ( Memento of the original from June 24, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.