GP2 series 2015
|Team:||ART Grand Prix|
|Number of races:||22nd|
A Drag Reduction System (DRS) was installed on the GP2 vehicles .
Teams and drivers
Changes in the drivers
The following list contains all drivers who took part in the 2014 GP2 series and who did not start for the same team in the 2015 season as in 2014.
Drivers who changed their team:
- René Binder : Arden International → Trident
- Sergio Canamasas : Trident → MP Motorsport
- Johnny cecotto jr. : Trident → Hilmer Motorsport
- Pierre Gasly : EQ8 Caterham Racing → DAMS
- Rio Haryanto : EQ8 Caterham Racing → Campos Racing
- Nicholas Latifi : Hilmer Motorsport → MP Motorsport
- Raffaele Marciello : Racing Engineering → Trident
- Marco Sørensen : MP Motorsport → Carlin
- Simon Trummer : Rapax → Hilmer Motorsport
- Alexander Rossi : Campos Racing → Racing Engineering
Drivers who entered or returned to the GP2 series:
- Zoël Amberg : Formula Renault 3.5 ( AVF ) → Lazarus
- Meindest van Buuren jr. : Formula Renault 3.5 ( Pons Racing ) → MP Motorsport
- Sean Gelael : European Formula 3 Championship (Jagonya Ayam with Carlin) → Carlin
- Jordan King : European Formula 3 Championship (Carlin) → Racing Engineering
- Alex Lynn : GP3 series (Carlin) → DAMS
- Gustav Malja : Formula Renault 2.0 Eurocup (Josef Kaufmann Racing) → Trident
- Jann Mardenborough : GP3 series (Arden International) → Carlin
- Nobuharu Matsushita : Japanese Formula 3 Championship ( HFDP Racing ) → ART Grand Prix
- Norman Nato : Formula Renault 3.5 (DAMS) → Arden International
- Patric Niederhauser : GP3 series (Arden International) → Lazarus
- Oliver Rowland : Formula Renault 3.5 ( Fortec Motorsports ) → MP Motorsport
- Sergei Sirotkin : Formula Renault 3.5 (Fortec Motorsports) → Rapax
- Richie Stanaway : GP3 series ( Status Grand Prix ) → Status Grand Prix
- Marlon Stöckinger : Formula Renault 3.5 ( Lotus ) → Status Grand Prix
- Dean Stoneman : GP3 series ( Marussia Manor Racing ) → Carlin
- Robert Vişoiu : GP3 series (Arden International) → Rapax
- Nick Yelloly : GP3 series (Status Grand Prix) → Hilmer Motorsport
Drivers who have left the GP2 series:
- Tom Dillmann : EQ8 Caterham Racing → Formula Renault 3.5 (Carlin)
- Felipe Nasr : Carlin → Formula 1 ( Sauber F1 Team )
- Jolyon Palmer : DAMS → Formula 1 test driver ( Lotus F1 Team )
Drivers who did not have a contract for a cockpit 2015:
Changes in the teams
The Caterham Racing team was sold to Status Grand Prix by Tony Fernandes . Status took over the equipment and personnel from Caterham Racing and integrated them into its existing location in Silverstone . Caterham Racing previously used a joint base in Leafield together with the Caterham F1 team, also sold by Tony Fernandes .
The owners of the starting site of Russian Time again selected a new racing team as a service provider to carry out the operations. Instead of iSport International , Virtuosi Racing UK took over this task in 2015 as part of a work contract.
In 2015, eleven racing weekends were held. Ten events took place as part of the Formula 1 Grand Prix weekends. The second race weekend in as-Sachir was held as part of the supporting program of the FIA World Endurance Championship . The race in Hockenheim no longer took place.
With exceptions in Monaco and the Bahrain race in November (main races on Friday and sprint races on Saturday), all main races took place on Saturdays and all sprint races on Sunday.
At the main race (HAU) the first ten of the race got 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 or 1 point (s). In the sprint race (SPR) the first eight of the race received 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 or 1 point (s). In addition, the winner of the qualifying, who started from pole position in the main race, received four points. The driver who achieved the fastest lap of the first ten classified drivers received two points.
- DRS to be introduced on GP2 cars in 2015. gp2series.com, September 17, 2014, accessed on January 24, 2015 (English).
- Philip Schajer: GP2 - DAMS committed Lynn and Gasly. Two super rookies. Motorsport-Magazin.com, January 8, 2015, accessed January 24, 2015 .
- Mario Fritzsche: Leal extended with Carlin. Motorsport-Total.com, November 26, 2014, accessed January 24, 2015 .
- Peter Allen: Dean Stoneman to make GP2 debut with Carlin in Sochi. paddockscout.com, October 5, 2015, accessed October 10, 2015 .
- Valentin Khorounzhiy: Marco Sorensen teams up with Carlin for 2015 GP2 season. paddockscout.com, January 27, 2015, accessed January 27, 2015 .
- Norman Fischer: With immediate effect: Marco Sörensen is leaving the GP2 series. Motorsport-Total.com, July 1, 2015, accessed July 1, 2015 .
- Peter Allen: Sean Gelael fills Carlin GP2 vacancy for four rounds. paddockscout.com, July 17, 2015, accessed July 17, 2015 .
- Peter Allen: Jann Mardenborough handed Carlin GP2 seat for Monza. paddockscout.com, September 2, 2015, accessed September 2, 2015 .
- Philipp Schajer: GP2 - Vandoorne stays with ART in 2015. Title the clear goal. Motorsport-Magazin.com, January 14, 2015, accessed January 24, 2015 .
- Honda 2015 Motorsports Program Overview. honda.com, February 13, 2015, accessed February 13, 2015 .
- Gruz David Jordan King Secure's Racing Engineering GP2 seat for. paddockscout.com, February 2, 2015, accessed February 2, 2015 .
- Peter Allen: Alexander Rossi joins Racing Engineering for 2015 GP2 campaign. paddockscout.com, February 27, 2015, accessed February 27, 2015 (English).
- Peter Allen: Russian Time retains Evans and Markelov, brings in Virtuosi. paddockscout.com, February 20, 2015, accessed February 20, 2015 .
- Topher Smith: Markelov confirms 2015 drive with Russian Time. (No longer available online.) F1update.co.uk, January 26, 2015, archived from the original on February 1, 2015 ; accessed on January 26, 2015 .
- Christian Menath: GP2 - Marciello starts for Trident. Italian Formula 1 hope. Motorsport-Magazin.com, January 23, 2015, accessed January 24, 2015 .
- Norman Fischer: New Opportunity: Trident signs Rene Binder. Motorsport-Total.com, February 11, 2015, accessed on February 11, 2015 .
- Malja in GP2, Visser in GP3 with Trident at Spa. paddockscout.com, August 19, 2015, accessed August 19, 2015 .
- Peter Allen: Van Buuren to make GP2 debut, Cecotto, Binder and Trummer back. paddockscout.com, September 3, 2015, accessed September 4, 2015 .
- Peter Allen: Daniel De Jong to make GP2 comeback with Trident. paddockscout.com, November 17, 2015, accessed November 20, 2015 .
- Pic to remain with Campos in 2015. gpupdate.net, November 14, 2014, accessed on January 24, 2015 .
- Peter Allen: Rio Haryanto joins Campos for 2015 GP2 season. paddockscout.com, February 6, 2015, accessed February 6, 2015 .
- Gruz David: Canamasas gets MP Motorsport seat for GP2 season opener. paddockscout.com, April 15, 2015, accessed April 17, 2015 .
- Valentin Khorounzhiy: FR3.5 points leader Rowland to make GP2 debut at Silverstone. paddockscout.com, July 2, 2015, accessed July 2, 2015 .
- Peter Allen: Nicholas Latifi takes over MP Motorsport GP2 seat. paddockscout.com, July 22, 2015, accessed July 22, 2015 .
- Peter Allen: Drivers named for vacant GP2 seats for first 2015 test. paddockscout.com, March 8, 2015, accessed March 8, 2015 .
- Valentin Khorounzhiy: Sirotkin makes GP2 switch with Rapax. paddockscout.com, February 17, 2015, accessed February 17, 2015 .
- Gruz David Robert Vişoiu graduates to GP2 with Rapax. paddockscout.com, March 6, 2015, accessed March 6, 2015 .
- Peter Allen: Malja back in GP2 for final two rounds, replacing Visoiu at Rapax. paddockscout.com, November 16, 2015, accessed November 20, 2015 .
- Negrão renova com equipe Arden e assegura lugar no grid de 2015 para segunda temporada na GP2. grandepremio.uol.com.br, November 19, 2014, accessed January 24, 2015 (pR).
- Valentin Khorounzhiy: Norman Nato confirmed for GP2 switch with Arden. paddockscout.com, January 29, 2015, accessed January 29, 2015 .
- Gruz David: Marlon Stockinger teams up with Status to race in GP2. paddockscout.com, March 5, 2015, accessed March 5, 2015 .
- Gruz David: Stanaway to race for Status in GP2 season opener. paddockscout.com, April 13, 2015, accessed April 17, 2015 .
- Peter Allen: Oliver Rowland joins Status for final two GP2 events of 2015. paddockscout.com, November 9, 2015, accessed on November 20, 2015 (English).
- Peter Allen: Hilmer returns for Barcelona with Yelloly and Cecotto. paddockscout.com, May 7, 2015, accessed May 8, 2015 .
- Peter Allen: Trummer makes GP2 return in place of Cecotto at Hilmer. paddockscout.com, June 18, 2015, accessed June 20, 2015 .
- Peter Allen: Nathanael Berthon stays on with Lazarus in GP2. paddockscout.com, February 27, 2015, accessed February 27, 2015 (English).
- Norman Fischer: Swiss Patric Niederhauser makes GP2 debut in Monza. Motorsport-Total.com, September 1, 2015, accessed September 1, 2015 .
- Gruz David: Zoel Amberg completes Lazarus line-up in GP2. paddockscout.com, March 26, 2015, accessed March 26, 2015 .
- Norman Fischer: Fernandes pulls the next plug: Status replaces Caterham. Motorsport-Total.com, October 17, 2014, accessed January 24, 2015 .
- William Esler: Status Grand Prix will expand into GP2 in 2015 after purchasing Caterham Racing. skysports.com, October 17, 2014, accessed January 24, 2015 .
- Peter Mills: Virtuosi UK takes over GP2 team Russian Time. Motorsport-Total.com, February 20, 2015, accessed February 20, 2015 .
- Peter Allen: Extra Bahrain trip in November confirmed for GP2 and GP3. paddockscout.com, July 30, 2015, accessed July 30, 2015 .
- Sven Haidinger: GP2 calendar for 2015 unchanged. Motorsport-Total.com, December 10, 2014, accessed January 25, 2015 .