|Community association||Haute-Corrèze Communauté|
|surface||72.88 km 2|
|Residents||1,648 (January 1, 2017)|
|Population density||23 inhabitants / km 2|
Town Hall ( Hôtel de ville )
Neuvic ( Nou Vic in Occitan ) is a French municipality with 1648 inhabitants (at January 1, 2017) in the Correze in the region Nouvelle-Aquitaine . The municipality is the capital of the canton of the same name.
The municipality is located in the Massif Central on the right bank of the Triouzoune , a tributary of the Dordogne . In terms of area, it is the second largest municipality in the department after Meymac .
Neighboring communities of Neuvic are Palisse in the north, Chirac-Bellevue in the northeast, Liginiac and Sérandon in the east, Arches in the south, Latronche in the southwest and Saint-Hilaire-Luc and Lamazière-Basse in the west.
The place is about 20 kilometers south of exit 23 of the A89 autoroute .
The name Neuvic is of Gallic-Roman origin, novus vicus , and means new settlement.
coat of arms
Agriculture and tourism (water sports on the reservoir, golf and riding) form the economic basis of the community.
Education and culture
All types of schools including two vocational high schools and a cinema are located in Neuvic.
- The Saint-Mexant tower , a 16th century fortification, has been classified as a Monument historique since September 20, 1972 .
- The Triouzoune dam Barrage de Neuvic is about 3 kilometers southeast.
- The Dordogne Barrage de Marèges is about 10 kilometers to the east
- Entry no. PA00099817 in the Base Mérimée of the French Ministry of Culture (French)
- Barrage de Neuvic on Structurae
- Barrage de Neuvic on lacorreze.com
- Barrage de Marèges on Structurae
- Barrage de Marèges on lacorreze.com
- Barrage de Marèges - data and images
- Barrage de Marèges on Base Merimée