Calendar overview 1379
|The Alsatian League of Ten cities is re-established.|
|Albrecht III. and Leopold III. decide with the Treaty of Neuberg the division of the Austrian hereditary lands.|
|1379 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||827/828 (turn of the year July)|
|Aztec calendar||3rd rabbit - Jei Tochtli (until the end of January / beginning of February 2nd house - Ome Calli )|
|Buddhist calendar||1922/23 (southern Buddhism); 1921/22 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||67th (68th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||741/742 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||780/781 (turn of the year 18/19 April)|
|Jewish calendar||5139/40 (September 11-12)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1689/90 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1690/91 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1435/36|
Politics and world events
- In the spring, the Genoese fleet laid the Venetian cities of Grado and Caorle in ruins during the Chioggia war and finally appeared in front of Pola . The Venetian Admiral Vettor Pisani is well aware of his numerical inferiority and does not want to sail, but the captains of his ships urge him to counter the Genoese audacity with an attack.
- May 7th : The sea battle at Pola is decided by the Genoese under the leadership of Luciano and Ambrogio Doria after the initial successes of the Venetians. The Venetian casualties total 700 dead and 2,400 prisoners, 800 of whom were killed after the battle. 15 Venetian galleys also fell into the hands of the Genoese. Pisani only brings seven galleys back to Venice. The Signoria sentenced him to six months in prison and banned him from all public offices for five years. Even Michele Steno , who voted on lautesten for an attack, is removed from his posts.
- The Genoese fleet appears off Venice in July and begins an attack on the city in August. Pietro Doria succeeds in conquering the Venetian seaport Chioggia in a house fight . A peace offer from Venice is rejected by Genoa. Vettor Pisani is then taken out of prison by the Venetian Doge Andrea Contarini and is again entrusted with the command.
- December 22nd : By sinking obstacles, a small Venetian unit managed to block the Genoese fleet in the port of Chioggia during the night, and the Venetian army began to siege the city from the land side.
Holy Roman Empire
- September 25th : The division of the Austrian hereditary lands under Albrecht III, which was decided in the Cistercian foundation of Neuberg near Neuberg an der Mürz , without any external compulsion . and Leopold III. the righteous by the Treaty of Neuberg contradicts the Rudolfinische house rules of 1364 and leads to a loss of power of the Habsburgs . The Albertine line maintains Austria whether and nid of Enns , but without the county Pitten with Wiener Neustadt , part of Styria. The Leopoldine Line receives Styria , Carinthia , Tyrol and the Vorlande as well as Carniola with the Windische Mark , Inner Istria and the new acquisitions on the Adriatic (later the coastal region ). Nothing changes in the titles of both regents, the mutual inheritance claims and the right of first refusal are retained. The division will not end until more than 110 years later.
- October 17th : The noble society Löwenbund is founded in Wiesbaden . The supporters of the antipope Clement VII undertake to give each other protection and support against attacks from outsiders.
City rights and first documentary mentions
- The Alsatian League of Ten , which was dissolved last year after the death of its founder, Emperor Charles IV , is re-established.
- Nordhorn and Spremberg receive city rights .
- The Winterstein is first mentioned in a document.
- Eschenbach and Rauenberg are first mentioned in a document.
- North German Hanseatic cities found the Wendish Mint Association for the purpose of uniform coin regulations. The cities involved are mainly Lübeck , Hamburg , Wismar and Lüneburg .
science and technology
- September 2nd : Members of the urban upper class in Lübeck found the Society of the Holy Trinity in Lübeck .
- October 17: 17 counts, knights and servants in Wiesbaden set up a noble society , the Löwenbund , temporarily limited to three years . The members are supporters of the antipope Clement VII and undertake to give each other protection and support against attacks from outsiders.
Historical maps and views
Date of birth saved
Exact date of birth unknown
- Jolanthe of Aragón , Duchess of Anjou († 1442 )
- Joan Beaufort , English nobleman († 1440 )
- Leonhard zu Castell , Count of Castell († 1426 )
- Joan Devereux , English nobleman († 1409 )
- Jamyang Chöje , person of Tibetan Buddhism († 1449 )
- Henman Offenburg , businessman, politician, diplomat and chronicler in Basel († 1459 )
- Zawisza Czarny , Polish knight († 1428 )
Date of death secured
- February 18 : Albrecht II , Duke of Mecklenburg (* 1318 )
- March 31 : Georg von Wildenstein , Abbot of the St. Gallen Monastery
- May 29 : Henry II , King of Castile and León (* 1334 )
- July 25th : Gottfried von der Linde , Marshal of the Teutonic Order
- September 29 : Eberhard von Brandis , Abbot of Reichenau
- November 15 : Otto V , Duke of Bavaria, Margrave and Elector of Brandenburg (* 1346 )
- December 15 : John Arundel , British military
Exact date of death unknown
- before March 10: Agnes von Montfort-Feldkirch , south German noblewoman (* around 1330 )
- before May 4th: Isabella de Coucy , English princess (* 1332 )
- Andrea di Bonaiuto , Florentine painter
- Anna von Schlüsselberg , abbess of the Schluesselau monastery
- Otto III. von Bentheim , Count of Bentheim (* 1327 )
- Heinrich von Nördlingen , pastor, preacher and mystic (* around 1310)
- John of Bridlington , English saint (* around 1320 )
- Everhard Rubenow , Mayor of Greifswald