Calendar overview 1384
|Herzogskolleg of the University of Vienna is founded.|
|1384 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||832/833 (turn of the year July)|
|Aztec calendar||8. Pipes - Chicuei Acatl (until the end of January / beginning of February 7th Rabbit - Chicome Tochtli )|
|Buddhist calendar||1927/28 (southern Buddhism); 1926/27 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||67./68. (68./69.) Cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||746/747 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||785/786 (turn of the year 23/24 February)|
|Jewish calendar||5144/45 (September 16/17)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1694/95 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1695/96 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1440/41|
Politics and world events
- April 8. bis 3. September : Lisbon holds under the command of John of Avis one more month siege by troops of the Kingdom of Castile - León under King I. Johann was provided by Regent Leonor Teles after her fall in the Revolution of 1383 to Help has been called. When the plague broke out in the Castilian army on August 22nd, which fell victim to Admiral Fernando Sánchez de Tovar , and John's wife Beatrix of Portugal fell ill, on which John's claim to rule over Portugal was based, the Castilians withdrew.
- June 15 : Antoniotto Adorno becomes Doge of Genoa again with the support of the lower classes , while the plague rages in the city . He has his adversary Nicolò Guarco interned in Lerici .
Holy Roman Empire
- April 7th : The Burgdorferkrieg , a conflict between the city of Bern and Rudolf II , Count von Neu-Kyburg , over supremacy in the Landgraviate of Burgundy , ends after a year: After the acceptance of federal mediation, Bern acquires for those of the Confederates in Purchase agreement of April 5 stipulated a high sum of 37,800 guilders for the cities and palaces of Burgdorf and Thun . Bern now has the gates to the Emmental and Oberland as well as the largest markets in the area.
- April 23rd : The Brotherhood of Arms Lilienvente is founded in Braunschweig .
- September 17th : In the Hanseatic city of Lübeck , 60 to 70 conspirators, most of whom belong to the butcher's guild, under the leadership of the businessman Hinrik Paternostermaker, attempt to overthrow the city council. However, the uprising was betrayed the day before, and 19 conspirators were executed. Other parties involved can flee the city, their property is confiscated from the city.
- January 30th : In the Königsberg Treaty , the Lithuanian Prince Vytautas transfers the Samogitia landscape to the Teutonic Order . In return, he guarantees military support for Vytautas in the fight against his cousin and Grand Duke Jogaila .
- October 15th : Eleven year old Hedwig von Anjou is crowned queen in Poland . Your engagement with Duke Wilhelm von Habsburg is after the approval of Pope Boniface IX. dissolved for 200,000 florins .
First documentary mentions
- The Castle Kriebstein in Saxony is in a document in which Dietrich von Beerwalde committed to its new building, first mentioned.
- Langwies is first mentioned in a document.
- King Wenzel grants the city of Bautzen the right to hold a free meat market in the run-up to Christmas. This is the hour of birth of the Bautzen Christmas market , one of the oldest Christmas markets ever.
science and technology
- On February 21 in Vienna, Duke Albrecht III. the first Catholic theological faculty was founded in the German-speaking area.
- The Herzogskolleg , the University of Vienna's first own building complex , is founded. Until its opening in 1385, the lectures will continue to take place in the St. Stephan citizen school .
- Otto III. von Schalksberg succeeds his brother Wittekind II, who died the previous year, as Bishop of Minden .
Date of birth saved
- August 1 : Anton , Duke of Brabant († 1415 )
- September 14 : Efrem of Nea Makri , Greek martyr († 1426 )
- November 15 : Stephan Bodecker , Bishop of Brandenburg († 1459 )
Exact date of birth unknown
- Deshin Shegpa , 5th Karmapa of the Karma Kagyu school of Tibetan Buddhism († 1415 )
- Franziska von Rom , Christian founder of the order and mystic († 1440 )
- Hugo von Lannoy , West Flemish nobleman († 1456 )
- Katharina von Pommern-Stolp , Countess Palatinate of Pfalz-Neumarkt († 1426 )
- Ludwig II , Duke of Brieg and Duke of Liegnitz († 1436 )
- Giovanni Michele Savonarola , Italian physician, personal physician to Niccolò d'Este in Ferrara and university professor († 1464 )
- John Talbot , English general († 1453 )
- Enrique de Villena , Spanish nobleman, writer and scholar († 1434 )
Born around 1384
- Dominic of Prussia , Prussian Carthusian, spiritual writer and is considered the creator of today's form of the rosary († 1460 )
Date of death secured
- January 18 : Dietrich Bayer von Boppard , Bishop of Worms and Bishop of Metz (* around 1330)
- January 30th : Ludwig II , Count of Flanders (* 1330 )
- June 8th : Kan'ami , Japanese actor, playwright and musician (* 1333 )
- June 8 : Thomas de Ros , English aristocrat (* 1336 / 37 )
- August 6 : Francesco I. Gattilusio , Archon of Lesbos
- August 20 : Geert Groote , Dutch theologian and penitential preacher (* 1340 )
- September 1 : Magnus I , Duke of Mecklenburg (* around 1345)
- September 9 : Werner von Haselbeck , German priest, biographer and papal secretary (* before 1357)
- September 10th : Johanna von Dreux , Countess of Penthièvre and titular Duchess of Brittany (* 1319 )
- September 20 : Ludwig I , unrecognized king of Naples (* 1339 )
- November 16 : Peter II. Von Rosenberg , Bohemian nobleman, canon and provost (* around 1326)
- December 23 : Thomas Preljubović , Prince of Epirus
- December 31 : John Wyclif , English church reformer (* before 1330)
Exact date of death unknown
- May: William Douglas , Scottish nobleman (* around 1330 )
- December: Giovanni Fieschi , Cardinal of the Catholic Church
- Sayyid Ali Hamadani , Islamic mystic (* 1314 )
- Wilhelm Horborch , German canonist
- Lanzarote Pessanha , Commander in Chief of the Portuguese Fleet
- Mechtild von Geldern , Countess von Kleve (* around 1324)
- Otto I. , Margrave of Hachberg-Sausenberg (* 1302 )
- Hinrik Paternostermaker , insurgent Lübeck (* between 1330 and 1337)
- Fernando Sánchez de Tovar , Castilian soldier and admiral
Died around 1384
- Husseko Hayen , East Frisian chief in the Stadland
- Gerhard Lewe , aldermen and mayor of the imperial city of Aachen