Calendar overview 1330
|battle of Welbashd over Bulgarian troops, Serbia gains supremacy in the Balkans .|
|1330 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||778/779 (turn of the year July)|
|Aztec calendar||6th house - Chicuace Calli (until the end of January / beginning of February 5th Feuerstein - Macuilli Tecpatl )|
|Buddhist calendar||1873/74 (southern Buddhism); 1872/73 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||67th (68th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||692/693 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||730/731 (New Year 14/15 October)|
|Jewish calendar||5090/91 (September 14/15)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1640/41 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1641/42 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese calendar)||1386/87|
Politics and world events
Holy Roman Empire
- January 13th : Frederick the Handsome from the House of Habsburg dies at Gutenstein Castle . In the conflict with Ludwig IV, the Bavarian from the House of Wittelsbach over the imperial crown in the Holy Roman Empire , he withdrew from the imperial government years ago after an amicable agreement. As ruler of Austria and Styria , he had also been restricted by his brothers Rudolf and Leopold for a long time .
- February: Ludwig the Bavarian returns from Rome from the Italian campaign he began in 1327 .
- April 3 : Ludwig IV decrees that the benefices of clergymen, which are those of John XXII. obey imposed interdict , "mayors and councilors of the citizenry" fall.
- July 28th : Stefan Uroš III. Dečanski from the Nemanjić dynasty, with the support of his son Stefan Dušan, defeated a Bulgarian army in the battle of Welbashd , after it failed to unite with allied Byzantine units as planned . The Bulgarian Tsar Michael III. Schischman is killed in the battle and is inherited by his son Iwan Stefan , who is also the nephew of the victorious Serbian prince. With this victory, Serbia gains supremacy in the Balkans .
- November 9th to 12th : In the Battle of Posada a Wallachian army under Basarab I inflicts a devastating defeat on a numerically superior Hungarian army under Charles I.
Iberian Peninsula / British Isles
- August 25 : During the Reconquista , a Christian army under the leadership of King Alfonso XI succeeds . of Castile and León , supported by Scottish knights, to defeat a Moorish force under Emir Muhammad IV of Granada from the house of the Nasrid in the Battle of Teba and to conquer the nearby Castello de la Estrella. The Scottish military leader James Douglas is killed in action. Muhammad soon formed an alliance with the Merinids in Morocco.
- Shortly after his 18th birthday, King Edward III was deposed. of England his mother Isabelle de France and puts her under house arrest in Castle Rising Castle . Her lover, Roger Mortimer, 1st Earl of March , is arrested and hanged on November 29th for treason in Tyburn near London.
- Under the tutelage of Gerhard III. from the house of Schauenburg standing Waldemar III. abdicates in favor of his adversary Christoph II as King of Denmark . He takes on the duchy in the Duchy of Schleswig .
First documentary mentions
- The places Aichelberg , Arosa , Bad Griesbach , Duggingen , Le Bémont , Les Enfers and Rona are first mentioned in a document.
Science and culture
- May: The Franciscan Odoricus of Pordenone dictates the report in Padua about a recently completed multi-year trip to Asia.
- Don Juan Manuel begins writing El Conde Lucanor .
- March 24 : In the under the provincial house of Meister Eckhart founded Convent of the Dominicans in Dortmund can finally move 20 brothers after repeated displacement.
- April 28th : The Ettal Abbey is founded on the day of St. Vitalis by Emperor Ludwig the Bavarian as part of a pledge. The foundation vow also includes the expansion of the traffic route to the south and the development of the area.
- August 25th : After he was assured life and pension, after two years Antipope Nicholas V resigns from his office and submits to Pope John XXII. who resides in Avignon .
- until 1330: Small groups of Cathars still exist in the south of France .
- around 1330: The Inquisition gains a foothold in the Pyrenees . The first scheduled witch hunts begin .
Date of birth saved
- May 12 : Wilhelm I , Duke of Bavaria-Straubing († 1389 )
- June 15 : Edward of Woodstock , "The Black Prince", Prince of Wales since 1343 († 1376 )
- July 4th : Ashikaga Yoshiakira , Japanese Shogun († 1367 )
- October 25 : Ludwig II , Count of Flanders († 1384 )
Exact date of birth unknown
- Bernhard von Bentheim , Count of Bentheim († 1421 )
- Eberhard , Count of Zweibrücken († 1394 )
- Emond von Engelsdorf , Treasurer of the Duchy of Luxembourg († 1398 )
- Nicolas Flamel , French scribe, writer, manuscript dealer and alchemist († 1413 )
- Michael de la Pole , English nobleman and Lord Chancellor († 1389 )
- Konrad Rehlinger , Augsburg city clerk († 1380 )
- Adelheid von Sulmetingen , German founder and philanthropist († 1400 )
Born around 1330
- Engelbert III. von der Mark , Count of Mark-Altena († around 1391 )
- Owain Lawgoch , Welsh mercenary leader († 1378 )
- Luo Guanzhong , Chinese writer († 1400 )
- Nicholas of Lynne , English Carmelite and astronomer († after 1386)
- Franco Sacchetti , Italian writer († 1400 )
- John Wyclif , English church reformer († 1384 )
Date of death secured
- January 13th : Frederick the Beautiful , Duke of Austria and anti-king Ludwig of Bavaria (* 1289 )
- January 21 : Joan II , Queen of France (* around 1291 )
- January 31 : John I , Count of Namur (* 1267 )
- March 19 : Edmund of Woodstock , English nobleman (* 1301 )
- March 25 : Elisabeth von Niederbayern , Duchess of Austria (* around 1305 )
- April 10 : Otto II , Duke of Braunschweig-Lüneburg (* around 1266 )
- July 12 : Elisabeth of Aragón , Queen of the Holy Roman Empire (* 1300 or 1302 )
- July 28th : Michael III. , Tsar of Bulgaria (* around 1280 )
- August 21 : Richard Damory , English nobleman and courtier
- August 25 : James Douglas , Scottish military leader (* 1286 )
- September 28th : Elisabeth , last member of the Bohemian Přemyslid family (* 1292 )
- November 10 : Ulrich von Montpreis , Bishop of Chiemsee
- November 18 : Werner von Orseln , Grand Master of the Teutonic Order (* around 1280 )
- November 29th : Roger Mortimer , English nobleman and de facto ruler of England (* 1287 )
Exact date of death unknown
- Arnold von Eltz , Bishop of Cammin
- Henry III. , Margrave von Hachberg and Mr. zu Kenzingen
- Lorenzo Maitani , Italian architect and sculptor (* around 1275 )
- Maximos Planudes , Byzantine grammarian and theologian (* around 1260 )