Calendar overview 1301
King Andrew III. fight
the Přemyslid Wenceslas III. ...
Charles I of Anjou
for power in Hungary .
|Bolko I von Schweidnitz-Jauer dies.|
|1301 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||749/750 (turn of the year July)|
|Aztec calendar||3. Feuerstein - Jei Tecpatl (until the end of January / beginning of February 2nd tubes - Ome Acatl )|
|Buddhist calendar||1844/45 (southern Buddhism); 1843/44 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||66th (67th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||663/664 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||700/701 (New Year 5th / 6th September)|
|Jewish calendar||5061/62 (September 3-4)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1611/12 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1612/13 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1357/58|
Politics and world events
- February 7th : The English King Edward I invests his son Edward Caernarvon in a coronation in Lincoln in the royal lands in Wales and appoints him Earl of Chester in order to bind Wales , conquered 19 years ago , more firmly to England . In May, Edward accepted the title of Prince of Wales for the first time .
- April 11th : Raniero Grimaldi has to hand over the fortress Monaco to the Kingdom of Naples after four years because of the food ban organized by Charles II of Anjou . The Grimaldi received compensation and Raniero got his property in Genoa back.
Holy Roman Empire
- Due to his connection to King Philip IV of France and his intention to withdraw Holland , Zeeland and Friesland as a settled imperial fief, the German King Albrecht I of the Habsburg dynasty provokes the discontent of the electors . The Archbishops Gerhard II of Eppstein of Mainz , Diether of Nassau of Trier and Wigbold of Holte of Cologne as well as Rudolf I of the Palatinate , Count Palatine of the Rhine , come together under the name "Kurverein von (Nieder) heimbach" and plan To depose Albrecht again. On May 7th, Albrecht issued his declaration of war on the four electors from Speyer and from there on May 21st went to war against them.
- May 23 : The imperial army conquers Wiesloch . He then unsuccessfully besieged Heidelberg, which was defended by his nephew Rudolf von der Pfalz .
- July: Albrecht and his allies besiege the city of Bensheim for three weeks . After taking the city, Albrecht also destroys the Zwingenberg fortress of Count Wilhelm I von Katzenelnbogen .
- September 3rd : Bartolomeo I della Scala becomes lord of Verona after the death of his father Alberto I della Scala .
- January 14th : With the death of King Andrew III. dies in the Kingdom of Hungary , the dynasty of Árpád out. Thereupon both the Přemyslids and Karl Robert von Anjou apply for the Hungarian royal throne. The magnates finally decide in favor of the former and offer the Bohemian King Wenceslaus II the crown of St. Stephen . Instead, he sends his son of the same name, who is elected king in Buda in May .
- August 27th : After the Árpáden became extinct , the Přemyslid Wenceslas III. Crowned King of Hungary as Ladislaus V in Stuhlweissenburg . In fact, the country is divided into several small kingdoms ruled by oligarchs .
- In Croatia , however, Charles I Robert of Anjou was able to assert himself as king, with which the state association with Hungary was briefly and informally ended.
City foundations and first documentary mentions
Science and culture
- October 25 : Halley's Comet can be seen for 47 days , according to sources from China , Japan , Korea and Europe . A few years later, Giotto di Bondone portrayed him as the star of Bethlehem in the fresco Adoration of the Magi .
- December 5 : In the bull Ausculta fili , Pope Boniface VIII invites the French bishops and King Philip IV to a synod in Rome. He also demands that the king release the arrested papal legate , who had previously criticized King Philip for violating clerical rights.
- December 10 : After the death of the Prague Bishop Gregory of Waldek on September 6 is John IV of Dražice. Chosen as his successor. The investiture by King Wenzel II is followed on December 10 by the episcopal ordination by the then Basel Bishop and later Archbishop of Mainz Peter von Aspelt , who holds the Bohemian Chancellery.
- After the death of Wroclaw Bishop Johann III. Romka on November 19 , Heinrich von Würben is elected as his successor by the cathedral chapter with the support of the Bohemian and Polish King Wenceslaus II .
- Otto III. von Rietberg becomes Bishop of Munster after Everhard von Diest's death .
Date of birth saved
- July 23 : Otto the Merry , Duke of Austria, Styria, Carinthia and Carniola, Imperial Vicar († 1339 )
- August 5 : Edmund of Woodstock , English nobleman († 1330 )
- October 7 : Alexander Mikhailovich , Prince of Tver and Grand Prince of Vladimir († 1339 )
- November 18 : Catherine de Valois-Courtenay , titular empress of Constantinople and regent of the Principality of Achaia († 1346 )
- November 30th : Andrea Corsini , Bishop of Fiesole and saint of the Catholic Church († 1374 )
Exact date of birth unknown
- Maria Afonso , Portuguese nobleman and nun († 1320 )
- Ingebjørg Håkonsdatter , Swedish Duchess († 1361 )
- William Montagu , English military man and magnate († 1344 )
- Morikuni , last Shogun of the Kamakura Shogunate in Japan († 1333 )
- Otto von Hessen , Archbishop of Magdeburg († 1361 )
- Henry Percy , English magnate and military man († 1352 )
- Philip III , Count of Évreux, Count of Longueville and de iure uxoris King of Navarre († 1343 )
- Rudolf II. , Margrave of Hachberg-Sausenberg and Lord of Rötteln († 1352 )
- Nitta Yoshisada , Japanese samurai and general († 1338 )
Born around 1301
Date of death secured
- January 14th : Andreas III. , King of Hungary, Croatia, Dalmatia and Rama (* around 1265 )
- March 21 : Guillaume de Champvent , Bishop of Lausanne
- April 5 : Everhard von Diest , Bishop of Munster
- July 4th : Wilhelm von Berthout , Bishop of Utrecht
- September 3rd : Alberto I della Scala , Lord of Verona
- September 6th : Gregor von Waldek , Bishop of Prague (* around 1235 )
- September 27th : Takatsukasa Kanetada , nobleman at the Japanese court (* 1262 )
- October 11th : Wilhelm von Montfort , Abbot of St. Gallen
- November 9th : Bolko I , Duke of Schweidnitz-Jauer (* around 1253 )
- November 19 : Johann III. Romka , Bishop of Wroclaw
Exact date of death unknown
- Dietrich von Altena-Isenberg , son and successor of Count Friedrich von Isenberg (* around 1215 )
- False Margarete , Norwegian impostor (* around 1260 )
- Gertrud Morneweg , clerk in the Hanseatic city of Lübeck
- Henry III. von Burgau , Margrave of Burgau
- Heinrich Schenk , Bishop of Kulm
- Ulrich II. Von Kapellen , district judge above the Enns (* 1250 )
- Violante of Aragón , Queen of Castile and German Queen (* 1236 )
- Zahed Gilani , Islamic mystic and grand master of the Sufi order named after him Zahediyyeh (* 1216 )
Died around 1301
- Jean I. de Grailly , English knight