Calendar overview 1311
|Buyantu Khan becomes ruler of the Mongols and emperor of the Yuan Dynasty in China .||
Marino Zorzi becomes the
50th Doge of Venice .
|1311 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||759/760 (turn of the year July)|
|Aztec calendar||13. Rabbit - Matlactli omey Tochtli (until the end of January / beginning of February 12th house - Matlactli omome Calli )|
|Buddhist calendar||1854/55 (southern Buddhism); 1853/54 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||66th (67th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||673/674 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||710/711 (turn of the year 19/20 May)|
|Jewish calendar||5071/72 (September 13-14)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1621/22 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1622/23 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1367/68|
Politics and world events
Empire of China
- January 27th : Buyantu Khan succeeds his brother Külüq Khan and becomes Emperor of the Yuan Dynasty in China . In contrast to Külüq, he represents Chinese interests at court. Around the sons of his brother, Qoshila and Toqa Timur , a Mongolian opposing party quickly crystallized, which, however, had no chance for the time being due to the youth of its representatives.
- The three year old Giorgi VI. becomes ruler of Georgia from the Bagratid dynasty after the death of his father David VIII . He is under the tutelage of his uncle Giorgi V.
- March 15 : The Battle of Kephissos between the mercenaries of the Catalan Company and the Duchy of Athens ends with a victory for the Catalans. The Athenian Duke Walter von Brienne is killed in battle. The knight Roger Deslaur , captured in battle, is elevated to the status of new duke by the company. The new Catalan rule in Athens, however, is surrounded by enemies, in the west and north by the Greek despotisms of Thessaly and Epiros , in the east by Venice on Evia and in the south by the Principality of Achaia , which is dominated by the Anjou from Naples . The old ducal family of the Brienne can also stay in Argos and Nauplia , where they maintain their own duchy. The Catalans therefore come to the decision that they can only survive under the protection of a powerful ruler. So they turn to King Frederick II of Sicily from the House of Aragon . The company is developing a new constitution for the duchy, which provides for a separation of powers between the company, which remains autonomous, and the ducal power.
- May 3 : After Siegfried von Feuchtwangen's death , Karl von Trier becomes the 16th Grand Master of the Teutonic Order .
- The Kraków uprising of Bailiff Albert begins.
Holy Roman Empire
- January 6th : The German King Henry VII of Luxembourg is crowned King of Lombardy in Milan .
- February 7th : Heinrich's son Johann von Luxemburg is crowned King of Bohemia in Prague .
- February: Henry VII of Luxembourg puts down an uprising in Milan . The leader of the Guelfs , Guido della Torre , is expelled and Matteo I. Visconti reinstated as ruler of Milan.
- In the Ottonische Handfeste on June 5, Duke Otto III. from Lower Bavaria to the Lower Bavarian estates privileges and rights.
- November 29 : After the death of Alboino I della Scala , his brother and co-regent Cangrande I della Scala in turn appoints Alboino's son Alberto II della Scala as co-regent in Verona .
Republic of Venice
- August 23 : Marino Zorzi becomes the new Doge of Venice after the death of Pietro Gradenigo on August 13 . With the election of the pious and benevolent eighty-year-old, who has already gained experience as the Venetian ambassador in Rome, the representatives of the Maritime Republic may hope to be able to revoke the interdict imposed by Pope Clement V in 1308 . Zorzi sees his office as an opportunity to bestow mild gifts on the poor and to ensure peace within the republic, which under his predecessor was badly disrupted both internally and externally.
City rights and first documentary mentions
Religion and culture
- The cathedral of Reims is completed after 100 years of construction.
- The city clerk of the city of Frankfurt am Main begins with the creation of the Frankfurter Bürgerbuch , in which the new naturalizations of the city are recorded chronologically.
Date of birth saved
- January 28 : Joan II , Queen of Navarre († 1349 )
- June 24 : Philippa of Hainaut , Queen of England († 1369 )
- August 13 : Alfonso XI. , King of Castile and León († 1350 )
Exact date of birth unknown
- Jean I , Count of Armagnac, Count of Fézensac and Rodez († 1373 )
- Munenaga , Japanese prince, Buddhist monk and poet († 1385 )
- Pierre I , Duke of Bourbon († 1356 )
Born around 1311
Date of death secured
- January 27 : Külüq Khan , Emperor of the Mongolian Yuan Dynasty in China (* 1281 )
- February 5 : Henry de Lacy , English magnate, diplomat and general (* 1249 )
- February 7th : Qutb ad-Din al-Shirazi , Persian scientist (* 1236 )
- February 14th : Johann , Landgrave in Niederhessen
- February 24 : Guillaume Arrufat , Roman Catholic Cardinal
- March 3 : Antony Bek , Bishop of Durham (* around 1245 )
- March 15 : Walter V , Count of Brienne, Lecce and Conversano and Duke of Athens (* around 1275)
- May 3 : Siegfried von Feuchtwangen , Grand Master of the German Order
- May 29 : James II , King of Mallorca (* 1243 )
- July 28th : Emicho Wildgraf von Kyrburg , Bishop of Freising
- July 31st : Roger Lestrange , English knight, military man and civil servant
- August 13 : Pietro Gradenigo , Doge of Venice (* 1251 )
- August 23 : Eberhard I. , Count von Katzenelnbogen (* around 1243 )
- September 6th : Arnaldus de Villanova , important scholastic doctor (* around 1235 )
- October 4th : John VI. von Waldstein , Bishop of Olomouc
- October 13 : Guido von Namur , military leader of the Flemish nobles (* around 1275 )
- October 13 : Aymon de Quart , Bishop of Geneva
- November 29th : Alboino I. della Scala , Lord of Verona (* around 1284 )
- December 10 : Étienne de Suisy , Cardinal
- December 14 : Margaret of Brabant , Roman-German queen, wife of Henry VII of Luxembourg (*. 1275 / 76 )
Exact date of death unknown
- David VIII , Georgian King (* 1273 )
- John Lestrange , English nobleman (* 1282 )
- Thamar Angelina Komnene , Princess of Taranto