|Engelbrekt Engelbrektsson is murdered.||After defeating Alexandru Aldea, Vlad II Dracul becomes Prince of Wallachia .|
|Santa Maria del Fiore in Florence is inaugurated.|
|1436 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||884/885 (turn of the year July)|
|Aztec calendar||8th tubes - Chicuei Acatl (until the end of January / beginning of February: 7th rabbit - Chicome Tochtli )|
|Buddhist calendar||1979/80 (southern Buddhism); 1978/79 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||68th (69th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||798/799 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||839/840 (turn of the year July 15th / 16th)|
|Jewish calendar||5196/97 (September 10-11)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1746/47 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1747/48 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1492/93 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- July 5th : The Iglauer Kompaktaten end the Hussite Wars . The Hussites recognize the Roman-German Emperor Sigismund as King of Bohemia .
- August 14th : Sigismund is appointed King of Bohemia at the Jihlava assembly .
- August 23 : Sigismund moves into Prague .
Other events in the Holy Roman Empire
- April 30th : The last Toggenburg , Count Friedrich VII. , Dies on the Schattenburg in Feldkirch. The Old Zurich War breaks out over the dispute over his inheritance .
- December 30th : After the death of Ludwig III. His underage son Ludwig IV becomes Count Palatine and Elector of the Palatinate under the tutelage of his uncle Otto .
- Vlad II. Dracul gathers troops in Transylvania from Schäßburg and, with the consent of Emperor Sigismund, overthrows his younger half-brother Alexandru Aldea , who ruled Wallachia and who had good relations with the Ottoman Empire . Then he ascends the throne as Prince of Wallachia in its capital Târgovişte .
- April 13th : During the Hundred Years War, troops under the command of the former governor Jean de Villiers de L'Isle-Adam invade English-occupied Paris and drive the enemy out of the city.
England / Scotland
- September 10 : The Battle of Piperdean, during the Anglo-Scottish Border Wars , is fought between English troops commanded by Henry Percy, 2nd Earl of Northumberland , and a Scottish army led by William Douglas, 2nd Earl of Angus . The short battle ended in a clear Scottish victory. Henry Percy withdraws with his remaining troops to Alnwick Castle .
- May 4th : The Swedish governor and people's leader Engelbrekt Engelbrektsson is murdered by Magnus Bengtsson and other Swedish knights. The Engelbrekt uprising initiated by him against Erik XIII. then finally collapses.
- Karl Knutsson Bonde becomes Reichshofmann leader of the Swedish army.
Portuguese voyages of discovery
- On behalf of Heinrich the Navigator , Afonso Gonçalves Baldaia sets out on another trip. On this trip, the Portuguese reached an area in the south of what is now Western Sahara , which is later called the Río de Oro .
- Settlement of the Azores island of São Miguel begins.
- Khai Bua Ban , ruler of the Thai kingdom of Lan Xang , is murdered at the behest of his aunt Keo Phim Fa , who then brings her half-brother Kham Koert to the throne.
First documentary mention
Conrad Heyden , town clerk in Schwäbisch Hall , wrote the complaint mirror as the oldest German-language legal book on Roman law . It is seen as an important pioneer in the practical reception of Roman law in Germany. The complaint is divided into two books (tracts). The “first treatise” contains civil law and civil procedural law . The “other part” deals with criminal law and criminal process . The content is essentially based on the works of the so-called glossators , important legal scholars of the Italian Middle Ages.
- Pope Eugene IV consecrates the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore in Florence, built by Filippo Brunelleschi between 1418 and 1436 .
- November 1st : The All Saints Flood in 1436 causes severe damage to the North Sea coast . 180 people die in the town of Tetenbüll alone . Pellworm will be separated from Nordstrand for the first time . As a result of the storm, so much snow falls that people are locked in their homes for several days and the paths are impassable. It was also followed by a strong cold that lasted until Lent 1437, so that many travelers were killed on the way. The damage caused by the storm surge can only be repaired in late spring . Dike breaches also occur on the Oste and in Kehdingen .
Date of birth saved
- January 20 : Ashikaga Yoshimasa , Japanese ruler, eighth Shogun of the Ashikaga Shogunate († 1490 )
- April 4 : Amalia of Saxony , German noblewoman, Duchess of Bavaria-Landshut († 1501 )
- May 5 : Matteo Civitali , Italian sculptor and painter († 1501 )
- June 5 : Louis of Savoy , Count of Geneva, King of Cyprus († 1482 )
- June 6 : Johannes Müller (Regiomontanus), German astronomer and mathematician († 1476 )
- September 13 : Benvenuto di Giovanni , Italian painter († between 1509 and 1518 )
- September 18 : Eleonore Helena of Portugal , wife of Frederick III. († 1467 )
- November 16 : Leonardo Loredan , 75th Doge of Venice († 1521 )
Exact date of birth unknown
- Baccio Baldini , Italian goldsmith and engraver († 1487 )
- Gonzalo Jiménez de Cisneros , Spanish Franciscan, Inquisitor, Archbishop of Toledo († 1517 )
- Charles V , titular king of Naples and Jerusalem († 1481 )
- Luca Landucci , Florentine merchant and chronicler († 1516 )
- Jan Ostroróg , Polish nobleman, voivode and royal advisor († 1501 )
- Marcantonio Sabellico , Italian historian and librarian († 1506 )
- Konrad Stolle , German chronicler († 1501 )
- Tízoc , Aztec ruler († 1486 )
- Hermann von Wickede II , German councilor, mayor of the Hanseatic city of Lübeck († 1501 )
Date of death secured
- April 29th : Raimundus Sabundus , Catalan philosopher
- April 30th : Friedrich VII. , Count of Toggenburg (* around 1370 )
- May 4 : Engelbrekt Engelbrektsson , Swedish people's leader and imperial governor (* around 1390 )
- May 4th : Johann I , French nobleman, Count of Foix and Birgorre (* 1382 )
- August 29 : Focko Ukena , East Frisian chief of the Moormer and Lengenerland (* around 1370 )
- September 8 : Wilhelm , German nobleman, prince to Wenden (* before 1393 or 1394)
- September 22nd : Christoph von Rotenhan , Bishop of Lebus
- October 6 : Focko Ukena , East Frisian chief (* around 1370 )
- October 9 : Jakobäa , Dutch noblewoman, Duchess of Straubing-Holland (* 1401 )
- October 22 : Paul von Blankenfelde , German patrician, mayor of Berlin (* around 1365 )
- December 23 : Wulbrand von Hallermund , German abbot of Corvey, Bishop of Minden
- December 30th : Ludwig III. , German nobleman, Elector Palatinate (* 1378 )
Exact date of death unknown
- Alexandru Aldea , Prince of Wallachia, Prince of Moldova (* around 1397 )
- Khai Bua Ban , King of Lan Xang
- Heilwig von Holstein , German nobleman, countess of Oldenburg (* 1400 )
- Jakob Rodewitz , German legal scholar (* 1365 )
- Qadi Zada , Ottoman mathematician and astronomer (* 1364 )