Calendar overview 1426
In St. Nicolai on Foehr is the Siebenhardenbeliebung
the North Frisian right the first time recorded.
|1426 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||874/875 (turn of the year July)|
|Aztec calendar||11th house - Matlactli ozce Calli (until the end of January / beginning of February: 10th Feuerstein - Matlactli Tecpatl )|
|Buddhist calendar||1969/70 (southern Buddhism); 1968/69 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||68th (69th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||788/789 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||829/830 (turn of the year 1st / 2nd November)|
|Jewish calendar||5186/87 (September 1st and 2nd)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1736/37 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1737/38 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1482/83 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- February: King Sigismund convenes a Reichstag in Vienna.
- From March: Several Hussite armies penetrate the Weinviertel during the Hussite Wars .
- Spring: Hussites invade Moravia and advance to Bohemia.
- May: The Reichstag in Nuremberg is just as badly attended as that in Vienna.
- May 26th : The first units of the Hussites arrive at Aussig . In the following weeks the town belonging to the Mark Meissen is besieged and cut off from the outside world. Although there is no commander-in-chief on the side of the Hussites , it can be assumed that the groups are coordinated by a council of elders, to which the taborite Andreas Prokop also belongs.
- The city is bombarded every day, but the population under Jakob von Wresowitz puts up bitter resistance, hoping for relief, which finally, organized by Margravine Katharina from troops of the Margraviate of Meissen , the Duchy of Saxony , the Landgraviate of Thuringia and Upper Lusatia on June 11th Marching towards Bohemia . The relief army , which is said to be 36,000 strong , is divided into several groups. One comes via the Janauer Weg near Brüx , the second crosses the border at Ossegg , the third stream comes via Graupen and Teplitz .
- June 15th : In the early evening, the Saxon army arrives starved and exhausted at Karbitz , where it meets the Hussite sentry. They are positioned on the Na Běhání hill about ten kilometers from Aussig, on which they build a wagon castle . The lack of provisions forced the Meißner commander to attack immediately the next day, a Sunday.
- June 16 : The Hussites defeat the starved and tired Saxon-Thuringian relief army in the battle of Aussig , killing thousands of fighters. Many Germans are captured after the battle and also when the besieged city falls. Its inhabitants flee from a massacre of the conquerors under their leader Andreas Prokop .
- June 17 : The representatives of several Harden in North Friesland , who see their independence threatened by the decades-long dispute between the princes of Schauenburg and Denmark over the Duchy of Schleswig , gather in the church of St. Nicolai on Föhr in Boldixum for a common approach. The North Frisian law is recorded for the first time in the resulting siege of siege . It is decided by the representatives of Pellwormharde , Beltringharde , Wrykesharde, Osterland Föhr , Sylt , Horsbüllharde and Bökingharde . In addition, delegates from the Lundenbergharde and the Edomsharde take part in the meeting without participation rights . In the same year, the Crown of Right Truth emerges , a popular choice in which legal norms for the Frisian tri-country are recorded.
- The Battle of Detern on September 27th marks the start of the East Frisian Wars of Liberation against the rule of tom Brok over East Frisia . In the battle, a rural East Frisian army under Focko Ukena defeated the Oldenburgs called for help by Ocko II. Tom Brok , the Archbishop of Bremen and the Counts of Hoya , Diepholz and Tecklenburg with their army of knights from Bremen and Oldenburg. Counts Johann von Rietberg and Konrad von Diepholz fall and the Archbishop of Bremen is taken prisoner.
- In the Battle of Brouwershaven in the Hook and Cod War , Duke Philip the Good of Burgundy decisively defeated the army of the Jacobea of Bavaria supported by her husband Humphrey, Duke of Gloucester . The devastating defeat marked the end of Jacobea's struggle.
First documentary mentions
- Densbüren is first mentioned in a document.
The Renaissance artist Masaccio paints numerous paintings and frescoes as court painter in Budapest.
Religion and society
- February 3rd : Count Palatine Johann I von Neumarkt and his wife Katharina found the Gnadenberg monastery in the diocese of Eichstätt .
- The later Margrave Jakob I of Baden had the Fremersberg Monastery built on the Fremersberg .
- The Dukes of Teck donate the Heilig-Geist-Spital in Mindelheim .
Date of birth saved
- February 14 : Ulrich Rösch , Abbot of the St. Gallen Monastery († 1491 )
- February: Christian I , King of Denmark, Norway and Sweden († 1481 )
- March: Maso Finiguerra , Italian goldsmith († 1464 )
- April 26th : Margarethe von Rodemachern , German nobleman and book collector († 1490 )
- September 4th : Wolfgang III. Chamberlain of Worms , court marshal († 1476 )
- September 19 : Maria von Kleve , Duchess of Orléans († 1486 )
- November 30th : Johann IV. Roth , Bishop of Lavant, Prince-Bishop of Breslau († 1506 )
Exact date of birth unknown
- Jean II. De Bourbon , Duke of Bourbon and Auvergne († 1488 )
- James Douglas , Scottish nobleman, 9th Earl of Douglas († 1491 )
- Oddantonio da Montefeltro , Duke of Urbino († 1444 )
- Anne Neville , English noblewoman, 16th Countess of Warwick († 1492 )
- Otto III. , Count of Holstein-Pinneberg († 1510 )
- Wilhelm von Reichenau , Prince-Bishop of Eichstätt († 1496 )
Date of death secured
- February 15 : Jean de Brogny , Bishop of Geneva and Viviers, Archbishop of Arles and Cardinal Bishop of Ostia (* around 1342 )
- April 18 : Anna von Sachsen-Wittenberg , Duchess of Braunschweig-Lüneburg
- May 5 : Efrem of Nea Makri , Greek saint (* 1384 )
- July 26th : Adolf II , Count of Nassau-Wiesbaden-Idstein (* 1386 )
- July: Hildebrand Veckinchusen , Hanseatic merchant (* around 1370 )
- September 18 : Hubert van Eyck , Flemish painter (* around 1370 )
- October 16 : Hynek Boček of Podebrady , Bohemian-Moravian nobleman
- December 27 : Philippo Scolari , Hungarian military leader and Banus of Temesvár (* 1369 )
- December 31 : Thomas Beaufort , 1st Duke of Exeter and Lord Chancellor of England (* 1377 )
Exact date of death unknown
- Konrad Martin , clergyman and lower servant (* before 1397)
- Nicholas II , Count of Tecklenburg
- Tezozómoc , prince of the Tepanecs