|Texcoco , Tenochtitlan and Tlacopán form the Aztec Triple Alliance , the new great power in the Valley of Mexico .|
|1428 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||876/877 (turn of the year July)|
|Aztec calendar||13th tubes - Matlactli omey Acatl (until the end of January / beginning of February: 12th Rabbit - Matlactli omome Tochtli )|
|Buddhist calendar||1971/72 (southern Buddhism); 1970/71 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||68th (69th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||790/791 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||831/832 (turn of the year 10/11 October)|
|Jewish calendar||5188/89 (September 10-11)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1738/39 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1739/40 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1484/85 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- January 4th : After the death of his father Friedrich the Meek , Friedrich the Meek becomes Elector of Saxony , Margrave of Meißen and Landgrave of Thuringia . He takes over the government together with his brothers Wilhelm III. the brave , Heinrich and Sigismund .
- November 11th : In the battle of Kratzau , a Silesian-Upper Lusatian army under Hans von Polenz defeats the Hussites .
- December 27th : During the Hussite Wars , the Hussites defeat the troops of Duke Johann I from Münsterberg in the Battle of Altwilmsdorf in Glatzer Land .
- December 2 : In the battle at the Letzi , the last battle of the Appenzell Wars , the Appenzell people are defeated by the County of Toggenburg and have to give up their expansionist efforts and submit to an arbitration ruling by the Eight Old Places .
Other events in the Holy Roman Empire
- June 21 : Konrad V becomes Count of Rietberg after the death of his father Conrad IV .
- July 3 : Jakobäa von Bayern recognizes Philip III. of Burgundy in the Delft Treaty of Reconciliation as co-regents and, in the event of their childless death, as heirs in the counties of Holland , Zeeland , Friesland and Hainaut .
- The Frankfurt cathedral builder Madern Gerthener completes the Eschenheim tower as part of the Frankfurt city fortifications .
- The city of Guastalla and the surrounding area are elevated to the status of County Guastalla .
Hundred Years War
- April 6th to June 15th : The Danish-Swedish fleet suffers a heavy defeat in the sea battle of Copenhagen in the Danish-Hanseatic War .
- The Japanese Tennō Shōkō dies without a son and without deciding on his successor. After his death, his father sets Go-Komatsu with Go-Hanazono one a prince as imperial successor, as a great-grandson of Gegenkaiser Sukō derived.
- Lan Kham Daeng , ruler of the Thai kingdom of Lan Xang , dies after reigning for seven years. With the accession of his son Phommathat to the throne , a troubled time begins, which is strongly influenced by the influence of his great-aunt Keo Phim Fa .
- Yakshya Malla becomes ruler of the Malla Empire and begins the fortification of the capital Bhaktapur .
- After an uprising against the Chinese Ming dynasty , the Lê dynasty comes to power in Vietnam .
Itzcóatl , Tlatoani from Tenochtitlán defeated the Tepaneks under Maxtla together with Nezahualcóyotl from Texcoco and conquered their capital Azcapotzalco . Together with Tlacopan , the two winning cities form the Aztec Triple Alliance , which ruled the Valley of Mexico in the following century.
science and technology
- The Magdalene College of Cambridge University was founded as a hostel of the Benedictines for those brothers who made Fenland come in Cambridge to study canon law.
Culture and religion
- around 1428: Giangaleazzo Visconti's book of hours is completed.
Date of birth saved
- April 10 : Hans Tucher , German businessman († 1491 )
- May 3 : Pedro González de Mendoza , Spanish cardinal and statesman († 1495 )
- July 4th : Filippo Strozzi the Elder , Florentine merchant († 1491 )
- September 15 : Donato Acciaiuoli , Florentine scholar († 1478 )
- November 2 : Jolande , Duchess of Lorraine and titular queen of Jerusalem († 1483 )
- November 21 : Jingtai , seventh Chinese emperor of the Ming Dynasty († 1457 )
- November 22nd : Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick , English nobleman and military leader in the War of the Roses († 1471 )
- December 4 : Bernhard VII , German nobleman, sovereign of Lippe († 1511 )
Exact date of birth unknown
- Jean VIII. De Bourbon , French nobleman, Count of Vendôme († 1478 )
- Georg von Ehingen , German nobleman, imperial knight († 1508 )
- William Fiennes, 2nd Baron Saye and Sele , English nobleman († 1471 )
- Martin Kabátník , Czech writer († 1503 )
- Julius Pomponius Laetus , Italian humanist († 1498 )
- Niccolò Leoniceno , Italian doctor, medical writer, philosopher, grammarian and humanist († 1524 )
- Philippe Pot , French court official, Grand Seneschal of Burgundy († 1493 )
- Alanus de Rupe , French Dominican († 1475 )
- Catherine de Valois , French princess († 1446 )
- Georg Zingel , German theologian († 1508 )
- Julius Pomponius Laetus , Italian humanist († 1497 )
Born around 1428
- between 1428 and 1431: Isabella of Portugal , Queen of Castile and León († 1496 )
- Olivier le Daim , French nobleman († 1483 )
- James Douglas , Scottish nobleman, 3rd Earl of Angus († 1446 )
- Guy Pot , French nobleman, († 1495 )
First half of the year
- January 4th : Frederick I the controversial , Margrave of Meißen, Landgrave of Thuringia and Palatine of Saxony (* 1370 )
- January 10th : Anselm von Nenningen , Bishop of Augsburg (* 1350 )
- February 3 : Ashikaga Yoshimochi , Japanese Shogun (* 1386 )
- February 8 : Rudolf III. , German Margrave of Hachberg-Sausenberg (* 1343 )
- March 11 : Eskill , Archbishop of Nidaros, Norway
- March 27 : Johann Hemeling , Mayor of Bremen (* around 1358 )
- March 27 : Herbord Schene , German canon and chronicler (* around 1358 )
- March 27 : Otto II , Duke of Pomerania-Stettin (* around 1380 )
- April 1 : Johann II von Streitberg , German bishop of Regensburg
- June 3 : Andrea di Bartolo , Italian painter (* 1360 )
- June 12 : Zawisza Czarny , Polish knight (* 1379 )
- June 21 : Conrad IV , German Count von Rietberg (* around 1371 )
- June 27th : Thomas Erpingham , English knight (* 1357 )
Second half of the year
- August 30 : Shōkō , 101st Emperor of Japan (* 1401 )
- November 3rd : Thomas Montagu , English nobleman, 4th Earl of Salisbury (* 1388 )
- November 4th : Sophie of Bavaria , Queen of Bohemia (* 1376 )
- November 6th : Guillaume Fillastre , French cardinal (* 1348 )
- November 22nd : Wilhelm von Berg , German nobleman, Count von Ravensberg, Prince-Bishop of Paderborn (* 1382 )
- December 5th : Hans Erer the Elder , German Mayor of the Imperial City of Heilbronn
- December 27th : Johann I , Duke of Münsterberg
Exact date of death unknown
- Gebhard XIV. Von Alvensleben , lord of the castle on Gardelegen, governor of the Altmark (* around 1360 )
- Prosdocimus de Beldemandis , Italian astronomer, mathematician and music theorist (* 1380 )
- Lan Kham Daeng , third king of Lan Xang (* 1386 )
- Conrad von Einbeck , German stonemason, master builder and sculptor (* 1360 )
- Isabelle de Foix-Castelbon , French noblewoman, co-princess of Andorra (* around 1361 )
- Jacopo Gattilusio , Genoese Archon of Lesbos (* around 1390 )
- Masaccio , Italian Renaissance painter (* 1401 )
- Maxtla , Aztec ruler of Azcapotzalco
Died around 1428
- Jan Eliášův z Horšovského Týna , Bohemian scholar and theologian